The Falkirk FC Thread

Falkirk need to get this Shiels nonsense behind them because rest assured Dunfermline won’t. They will scour every bit of footage they can get their hands on and  send it to the Press, SFA and anyone else they can think of to keep this bubbling on to try and get  your Club in trouble.   Their manager already talking about it in post match interview. Is he not there to talk about the game ?
They re well known for making complaints about other Clubs and their Chairman loves to make statements bout nothing really. 

Everyone condemning the Falkirk fans on here but you think the minority of Falkirk fans should get away with it. However it won’t be the club looking over the CCTV it will be the police as I suspect the tapes will be seized as the Falkirk fans have broken quite a few laws here. I didn’t think anyone would be supporting the small number of idiots but you’re something special eh!

25 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Falkirk need to get this Shiels nonsense behind them because rest assured Dunfermline won’t. They will scour every bit of footage they can get their hands on and  send it to the Press, SFA and anyone else they can think of to keep this bubbling on to try and get  your Club in trouble.   Their manager already talking about it in post match interview. Is he not there to talk about the game ?

They re well known for making complaints about other Clubs and their Chairman loves to make statements bout nothing really. 

If I was abused like this at my work I'd definitely want my employer to take all possible steps to ensure that the perpetrators were caught and punished.

Unsurprising to see horribly disgusting racist c***s like Brazilianlex defend fellow ill-mannered supporters. A genuinely deplorable character.

Disgusting behaviour defending the indefensible.
These idiots should be playing Centre Half for us as they seem to be able to defend everything.
I have a feeling the SFA will deduct points off us. 6-10 possibly as this ongoing stupidity continues.

A fine, if anything.

Maybe if we'd swapped keepers the result could have been different but Mutch showed today that he is really not at the level we require. Jury is still out for me on Welsh and Robson although I was reasonably impressed with Nelson.  

Jury is still out!!! It was their first game for f***k sake.

Well, that'll be more cutbacks!

Besides, a points deduction would give you an excuse for the relegation. I’d much rather see you relegated on your own terms. :)

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

A fine, if anything.

I’ll happily stand corrected but I don’t think clubs can be punished directly by the SFA because of fan behaviour. The SFA are actively trying to change that, granted.

Edited by Hughsie

I don't think Falkirk will be punished at all for this, because strict liability doesn't exist in Scottish football.  There is very little that the club could realistically have done to prevent it, aside, of course, from being a bit more forthright in their criticsm of the behaviour of O'Hara and McKee in the first incident.

Edited by craigkillie

I’ll happily stand corrected but I don’t think clubs can be punished directly by the SFA because of fan behaviour. The SFA are actively trying to change that, granted.
I'm sure the SFA will find a way.

The Falkirk statement is just simply far to late, the initial game and incident was months ago, the first player was convicted over 8 weeks ago and we've had it reported in the national press about the Falkirk fans up in Inverness, that's when this statement should've been released. I do appreciate there was a small tidbit at the end of some column in the sun but it wasn't nearly strong enough, if they do get a fine then it will be nothing that the board of Falkirk don't deserve.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think Falkirk will be punished at all for this, because strict liability doesn't exist in Scottish football.  There is very little that the club could realistically have done to prevent it.

Don't think there's anything at all that the club could have done about it other than ask that no-one attending did anything stupid at the game and, let's face it, the morons involved would just have ignored that.