The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, Hughsie said:

I’ll happily stand corrected but I don’t think clubs can be punished directly by the SFA because of fan behaviour. The SFA are actively trying to change that, granted.

I have serious issues with the structuring of the game within Scotland.

This match being a league fixture is played under the governance of the SPFL, but when it comes to disciplinary matters that falls to the SFA to deal with.

I know the SFA are the body which represents us in a global sense, but to have them responsible for handing out suspensions for incidents which are committed in incidents outwith their governance needs to be addressed with a degree of urgency.

Either the SPFL attain disciplinary powers of their own so they can issue disciplinary penalties attained in events of their governance, rather than have cross parties being concerned with different aspects of the game.

I personally would like our game run under one banner which would allow for more clarification on how the game is administered in Scotland.

This match being a league fixture is played under the governance of the SPFL, but when it comes to disciplinary matters that falls to the SFA to deal with.
I know the SFA are the body which represents us in a global sense, but to have them responsible for handing out suspensions for incidents which are committed in incidents outwith their governance needs to be addressed with a degree of urgency.
Either the SPFL attain disciplinary powers of their own so they can issue disciplinary penalties attained in events of their governance, rather than have cross parties being concerned with different aspects of the game.
I personally would like our game run under one banner which would allow for more clarification on how the game is administered in Scotland.
It's because the football in the country stretches beyond the SPFL so all refs have to be registered with the SFA.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:
8 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

It's because the football in the country stretches beyond the SPFL so all refs have to be registered with the SFA.

I am aware of that, and because of that fact I would consider having the entire game administered by the SFA, I know this will be met with a frosty reception but the game in Scotland doesn't require two separate bodies to oversee it.

I am also aware that the vast majority of fans have general contempt towards the SFA, just feel that the game is being used as a pawn in the power struggle between these two bodies, with the SFA being the body which is affiliated to UEFA & FIFA I feel that if the game was within their control, then a greater level of clarity about decisions would be achieved.

The whataboutery on Twitter has been a sight to behold. Glad it hasn't been nearly as prominent on here and the vast majority of Falkirk fans are condemning the whole thing.

Two classic examples of Old Firm (its all about us) muscling in on the “action”...

I saw a similar tweet to that first post, and many others about the things that OF fans sing/do. Absolutely staggering that they think that EVERY issue in Scottish football boils down to those arsecheeks.

Maturity usually comes with age and experience, the silly wee laddies responsible for this nonsense have neither.

As a one time silly wee laddie who's only brush with football violence came at the half time change of ends (good old days!) during the 4-1 humping of the Pars at Brockville in 1978 it is a bit tedious hearing this lot singing about a guy who died before they were born and mocking an absolute non entity of a player because of an injury he sustained as a kid.

Wise up, if you want a target to abuse then I suggest that you look towards our Directors Box!

27 minutes ago, smpar said:

The whataboutery on Twitter has been a sight to behold. Glad it hasn't been nearly as prominent on here and the vast majority of Falkirk fans are condemning the whole thing.

I haven't read all the posts on the various threads.  I would have assumed every Falkirk fan on here, particularly the regular posters, would have condemned this out of hand.

Edited by Granny Danger

10 hours ago, Bairnschild said:

Totally agree. Absolutely terrible throwing those eyeballs. 100% agree with the club.

This is nothing to do with football, just purely nasty.

Some people are born with mental, genetic, or physical deformations or illnesses.

This could be family members. Sibling, parents, grandparents, or your own child.

This is deeply hurting for the person involved, in this case Dean Shiels, who has had to live with a childhood accident which has caused the loss of site it one eye.

I say fair play to him that he has overcome this, and has played to the standards he has in football.

Those thugs today are a disgrace to themselves, Ffc, and their own family.

Well done to Dunfermline today on their victory. Thoroughly deserved.

Well done to Dean Shiels on his professionalism.

He is a real fighter who has more bottle, character and determination than our whole midfield.

Dean, you are an honourable man, and a man I would be proud to have in my team.

Enough of the nastiness folks.

Banter is acceptable, but never cruel

Well said. Having previously worked in Grangemouth and lived in Falkirk, I know that most supporters are decent blokes but its always the minority that spoil it for the club. Falkirk FC only have themselves to blame as they should have sorted out the original incident when it happened.  

Was standing outside the main stand waiting to get in yesterday and around 50 or so young falkirk fans walked past singing norries dead and so are you.
Pretty big minority like.

You got it spot on with the young part. Young, uneducated, drinking on an empty heid bunch of goons. Half of which aren’t even fans but hangers on trying to be relevant. Instead making themselves look fucking stupid and bringing the name of the club down.

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

The club don’t need to look very far to identify the culprits really.

They’re all pretty happy with themselves.

Was just going to post the same, a quick look at that stupid facebook group is an easy way to identify the arseholes. 

I can't help feeling that your best not giving these guys the publicity they were obviously seeking in the first place for doing this.  Pished up young neds , day out at the fitba doing something stupid at the game . Its been happening for years at fitba and I doubt it will stop any time soon as long as we keep on giving them their 5 mins of fame in the papers etc.  Best way to deal with these things has always been to ignore them totally and they soon lose interest.

Was just going to post the same, a quick look at that stupid facebook group is an easy way to identify the arseholes. 

Where is this Facebook group you speak of, so I may go there, and be outraged...

We need to draw a line under this and return to a friendlier rivalry (think balloons). Will it happen? I doubt it.

The more sinister thing was the coin throwing. It’s one thing mocking a disability, quite another risking causing one, to an eleven year old.

These games were funnier when it was all about pishy broon shoes and banjo music on the tannoy. There’s always a bunch of c***s willing to take it too far.

4 minutes ago, smpar said:

These games were funnier when it was all about pishy broon shoes and banjo music on the tannoy. There’s always a bunch of c***s willing to take it too far.

There was feck all fun about having Pressley as your manager I can assure you.