The Falkirk FC Thread

23 hours ago, BudBairn said:

The SFA can't suddenly make up new laws to punish clubs. I am not aware of the rules which involve punishing clubs for fans behaviour. For example a points deduction would be illegal for the SFA to exercise unless that option is already in the SFA committees power. Regardless of what any poll says.

Isn't the SPFL the relevant authority? In any event, no strict liability as amply demonstrated by Hibs v Rangers debacle. Potentially hilariously I hear DAFC may be be charged with failure to properly steward the game. 

20 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I notice my explanation of events was confirmed today on sportsound. Joe McKee did not abuse shiels re his eye but was said to have called his father a c**t. Now since when was telling the truth an offence and a 4 match ban for something that goes on week in week out at games across the country is ludicrous. Perhaps now though pars fans will stop accusing McKee of abusing a person with one eye.

Makes sense. McKee will be aware of the dirt on Kenny Shiels, and specifically why he has it in for FFC. Shame Waddell cant be bothered to go and do some digging

Have to agree.

As repellent as the behaviour of some clowns in the Falkirk support was,if the bigot brothers weren't on a winter break, this would have been yesterday's news, as the press would having been fawning over their exploits.

One solution might be to introduce rules that punish clubs with a points deductions for fan misbehaviour. I'm sure if this was the case, self policing amongst fans would soon stop this type of behaviour.

This might work for normal clubs. However, the elephant in the room would be the bigot brothers. The behaviour of a sizeable proportion their scumbag fans would warrant a points deduction every week, so this idea would most likely be vetoed. Also, the football authorities seem to have ignored their behaviour for years, so would it even be punished anyway.

Edited by FTOF

Isn't the SPFL the relevant authority? In any event, no strict liability as amply demonstrated by Hibs v Rangers debacle. Potentially hilariously I hear DAFC may be be charged with failure to properly steward the game. 

Have they grassed themselves to the SPFL?

wouldn't falkirk tv be better filming from a platform opposite the main stand? doesn't look like we will get a fourth stand anytime soon and for years now the highlights look terrible as the majority of them ate overlooking the fields and fences. it would sell our club better if they were looking towards 3 stands in games like yesterday.

Great result yesterday and if we can follow it up with some good results on Tuesday and Saturday it could see us move up the table, granted by only 1 place but we would also close in on the teams above us. I had a look at the table and have attached it below, our form over the last 5 games is good (for this daft league). We have gained 8 points from 15 and if you look at the teams above us we have gained on everyone bar, St Mirren, Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Morton. 

Realistically this league is so tight and inconsistent if we can put together a few results in a row we can be out of danger and comfortable in mid-table by the end of January. Follow that up with a quick double header against Brechin and then a game against Dumbarton who are in free-fall in February and we could be in a strong league position.

If we can keep up the work rate of yesterday we will cause every team in this league problems and I feel like we can, one of my biggest criticisms of the team under Houston is that we didn't look fit, under Hartley and the new fitness coach we have been getting fitter and fitter and yesterday showed we can work really hard for 90 minutes instead of being fucked by about 70. Interesting next 2 months ahead I hope.

table.png

Edited by GMBairn

5 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

004ff77b72b6086de7611e98b7467525.jpg

Desperate stuff from the Daily Rangers. Give it a rest FS emoji1.png

Falkirk fan, my hoop. You'd think the DR would pay him enough to afford the proverbial busfare.

Gordon, if you're reading this (for browsing appears to pass as journalism in 2018): Have a fucking word with yourself.