The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, BudBairn said:

The guys on glue... btw since we have scrapped the academy, does that mean that after this season we no longer take part in the u20s league? Just wondering how any players are going to come back to fitness or squad players are going to get the chance at some game time.

The U20 league will no longer exist after this season. There will be a reserve league just like the old days,

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Are we actually participating in the reserve league next year?

I've asked that question myself and haven't had an answer so I don't think a decision has been made yet.

I suspect it's something the club will decide once they know for definite which league they'll be playing in next season, along with things like contract extensions and pre-season arrangements.

The unthinkable now looks much less likely than it did two months ago. However, I'd speculate that they'll want to be mathematically certain before making any commitments.

4 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Anyone who isn't some dickhead troll know where your club is leaning on this right now?

I would not be surprised if yon AGPar is absolutely correct. The BOD at Falkirk love ra 'Gers.

Guest Back Post Misses
I would not be surprised if yon AGPar is absolutely correct. The BOD at Falkirk love ra 'Gers.

Not sure it is that TBH. Just feart of them and cash is always at the front of the thinking.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-hughes-reveals-would-manage-11995346

Yogi touting himself for the Scotland job. The c**t is absolutely deluded.

“I have ducked, dived and begged, borrowed and stole my whole managerial career. I have only spent £240,000 in my whole managerial career.

Particularly enjoyed this comment. In addition to the money he spent in charge of us he bought Anthony Stokes for £500k at Hibs.

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-hughes-reveals-would-manage-11995346

Yogi touting himself for the Scotland job. The c**t is absolutely deluded.

Particularly enjoyed this comment. In addition to the money he spent in charge of us he bought Anthony Stokes for £500k at Hibs.

Disnae even cover 3 years of bobs ridiculous wages.

"We cannot sign players so you have to get the best out of what is there. That is my forte and that is my major strength. I get the gold dust on players – it’s what I do."

“I always get teams to punch above their weight."

Jesus wept, this is the guy who got Raith relegated last year!

Caldwell has already put forward a far more compelling list of failings than Yogi, so God bless you Yogi, but middle of the road screw ups are no good to Scotland. We will only settle for managerial failures with an elite track record. Christ, you haven’t even failed properly in England. Yes, Hartlepool got relegated, but you stupidly picked up a manager of the month award.

No dice Yogi.