The Falkirk FC Thread

I just got Netflix the other day. Enjoying the Expanse and one or two other things.

Been recommended to watch Breaking Bad, but I see there's like 55 episodes, and I simply can't be arsed putting that sort of effort in. Would it be worth it?

50 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I just got Netflix the other day. Enjoying the Expanse and one or two other things.

Been recommended to watch Breaking Bad, but I see there's like 55 episodes, and I simply can't be arsed putting that sort of effort in. Would it be worth it?

Bit slow at times but definitely worth it. 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Give Stranger Things a go.

Breaking Bad is good but it’s either season 3 or 4 where it becomes horrendously slow. After that becomes good again.

Get Narcos watched.

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

not cut mine either but clear now and some growth. saw a guy cutting his in Charlestown in mid Feb when out for a walk! maybe I should get g4 grass like tfs to avoid having to buy a new mower

#bored without a game soon

It's sometimes more of a reflection on that person's own personal love life hell, rather that a genuine need to cut the grass. See also washing cars, insulating the shed etc. 

29 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

If I just insulate the floor and ceiling of my concrete shed will it make much of a difference? Trying to do it cheap and wall insulation would be dear and lose a lot of space.

Insulating the roof will certainly make a big difference. I'd be careful though and get it checked professionally, 'concrete shed' screams asbestos to me - not something you want to go disturbing. You can get insulated plasterboard which would be more space efficient 

Gunter/Johnny Dapp seems to have gone but his house in the FK area should be easily identifiable by the hot tub, flag pole and lovely wife. He'd doubtless have plenty of tips on laying concrete at odd times of day and sheds with special floors. 

31 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's sometimes more of a reflection on that person's own personal love life hell, rather that a genuine need to cut the grass. See also washing cars, insulating the shed etc. 

You certainly don't need to cut your grass. AMARITE @Bairnardo

back to football. I'm still not giving up on the playoffs. if we pick up the same points in our last 8 games as we have in our previous 8 games we'd finish on 51 points. if the other teams round us had the same form in their last 8 or so games as they had in the previous we'd overtake queens overtake the pars and be touch and go with Morton for 4th and 5th spots...

Aye but look at our fixtures.

St Mirren A Dundee Utd A Dumbarton A QOS A Inverness A

Very difficult games and if our form shades we could easily only get a couple of points out of that lot. Of course we should be aiming for three wins at least though.

Brechin H Dunfermline H St Mirren H

Realistically should be looking for going unbeaten here, 5 to 7 points should be attainable.

I just can't see us getting more than about 9 or 10 more points this season which will not be enough for the play offs.

Aye but look at our fixtures.
St Mirren A Dundee Utd A Dumbarton A QOS A Inverness A
Very difficult games and if our form shades we could easily only get a couple of points out of that lot. Of course we should be aiming for three wins at least though.
Brechin H Dunfermline H St Mirren H
Realistically should be looking for going unbeaten here, 5 to 7 points should be attainable.
I just can't see us getting more than about 9 or 10 more points this season which will not be enough for the play offs.
all very fair points. we probably thought same last 8 games though and we won 5 drew 2 and lost only 1. we've only lost 2 of our last 6 away games. on paper st mirren should be hard but our 2 games against them come late in the season when they may have the league wrapped up. I think we'll need to win 5 or 6 of our last 8 games to give us a chance. that means we can lose 2 games probably. one game is Brechin home which if we win would mean we have only to win 4 from 7. we need to go all out for wins though draws will kill us. if we lose then so be it

Top end play offs are out of reach. Need to let that one go. Of th three home games, and where they come around in the fixture list, then I don’t think 9 points is too much to ask. Brechin (because it’s Brechin, and no stupid screw ups) Dunfermline (because it’s them, and being beaten by us after the season we have had brings lots and lots of shame), and St Mirren (because they are on the beach).

Of the away games, QotS are now imploding, and Dobbie apart, they have nowt to offer, so a real opportunity there. Dumbarton will take us for at least a point simply because they always do. DU away is a revenge fixture for them, so I expect us to allow a sad wee defeat to happen.

ICT......hounded us last time around up there, but are faltering badly. We seldom draw with them, but this time, they will be a bit more desperate for the points.

St Mirren away.....potentially a bit of a hounding, so probably the game where we do ok.

Another dozen or so points to be had by us, probably getting into 6th, but a country mile away from 4th.

Edited by Guest

We've played Brechin twice in our last 8 though. Plus Dumbarton and ICT at home.
true but we've also played livvi and Morton twice each, two teams in play off positions and won 2 drawn 1 and lost 1. we've not to play either of them again too. our defence seems to be tightening up a bit and we have a goal threat now the form is good I'm not giving up yet Duncan freemason!