The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I feel the club owes O’hara, it must have been hard for a teenager to deal with all that Dene Shiels Pish! 

I think club should backed the players a lot better and protected them, even if that meant saying absolutely nothing. O’hara deserves another chance.

I think the problem was that it was a scenario in that it was a first in its case, sure we had lawyers advice etc and we couldve pushed appeal but I suppose that may have made it worse for him and of course cost £s

I'm still not convinced he will be good enough but we robbed him a year at the club with his loan and not featuring Jan - May, so perhaps we owe him a minimal wage which it will be and a year to prove myself and many wrong, he wont get a contract till he is 23 like Shepherd has unless he shows he is good enough for sure. Hartley has obviously seen something he can work with and that's where the buck stops, like all of his signings. 

9 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Enjoyable evening and a real optimism building from what Hartley has said. However, some fans don’t have ask some ridiculous questions. For example,
Do you coach the players not to shoot outside the box? Good answers from him and he has clearly put the time and effort into making us better.

Usually some old boy asking about a specific corner routine in a league game against Dumbarton 4 months ago as well. 

Usually some old boy asking about a specific corner routine in a league game against Dumbarton 4 months ago as well. 

Or "have you been scouting the juniors?"

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or "have you been scouting the juniors?"

I mind some old cant asking Holt whether he would be wearing a tracksuit or a suit at matches.

Edited by Shodwall cat

58 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Did Hartley address the Budget fiasco caused by Craig Campbell?

Was the club crest on show despite 'legal concerns' over it's use? 

As I noted he's happy with the budget, but didn't clarify the discrepancy between the club statement and his side in the Herald.

5 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Did anyone ask about longridge and Welsh specifically last night? Thinking of going along to the Graeme tonight to see what he is saying.

No, be good to get an answer on that too, also wasn't there chat of Muirhead signing a PCA with Carlisle? 

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

Did anyone ask about longridge and Welsh specifically last night? Thinking of going along to the Graeme tonight to see what he is saying.

He basically steered away from that area in that all will be known on Friday regarding players signed or players leaving whom we offered contracts to as he isnt waiting on players, altho he did confirm Robson had signed up so he might release more on that if asked. I was gonna ask about McGhee but I took the answer given re Sibbald signing on again applied to McGhee also.

Welsh, Sibbald, Muirhead, McGhee, Kidd and O'Hara I suppose are the ones not confirmed to have signed back up, Id guess they all have been offered contracts or they wouldve been on the released list

Edited by MrDust

He basically steered away from that area in that all will be known on Friday regarding players signed or players leaving whom we offered contracts to as he isnt waiting on players, altho he did confirm Robson had signed up so he might release more on that if asked. I was gonna ask about McGhee but I took the answer given re Sibbald signing on again applied to McGhee also.
Welsh, Sibbald, Muirhead, McGhee, Kidd and O'Hara I suppose are the ones not confirmed to have signed back up, Id guess they all have been offered contracts or they wouldve been on the released list

Longridge too. From those players ideally you'd only have Sibbs, McGhee and Robson as first choice with the rest being backup/rotation players so cant imagine too much of an outcry whoever signs alongside those 3.