The Falkirk FC Thread

7 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

The English market closes before their season starts but players can still go out on loan to other leagues so probably be closer to August for loans.

English clubs can still sell players until the end of August but just can't buy anyone. They can also bring in free transfers and/or loans.

Interesting that there are contract offers to players within previous squad. Only one i can think of is Sibbald. Longridge and Welsh knocked back terms so who else is there? No mention of Loy, McKee and Harris getting punted i note.

16 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

English clubs can still sell players until the end of August but just can't buy anyone. They can also bring in free transfers and/or loans.

Is that all English clubs? I havent paid that much attention but thought it was just the Premiership.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Is that all English clubs? I havent paid that much attention but thought it was just the Premiership.

I think the championship agreed that too. No idea about the english seaside leagues though.

Interesting that there are contract offers to players within previous squad. Only one i can think of is Sibbald. Longridge and Welsh knocked back terms so who else is there? No mention of Loy, McKee and Harris getting punted i note.

Hartley said at his roadshows that he’ll speak to both Loy & Harris on their return from holidays. He didn’t mention McKee (At the BTW night anyway).

He did say that both Loy & Harris are not in his plans for next season though.

57 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Interesting that there are contract offers to players within previous squad. Only one i can think of is Sibbald. Longridge and Welsh knocked back terms so who else is there? 

One of the youth players. I don't think the club have mentioned him anywhere so I'd better not, but if you check back who graduated from FVFA in the summer of 16 there's only one who's name hasn't appeared on the released list.

4 hours ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

yep, striker, 19 yo, 5 foot 11...Port Vale fan seems to think he has signed a 6 month contract with us 8)

Strange to think of a 6 month contract in the summer rather than a whole year. It will be interesting to see if that's the case and why.

7 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Strange to think of a 6 month contract in the summer rather than a whole year. It will be interesting to see if that's the case and why.

Looking at his track record, he would surely be a development-type signing, likely to be playing reserve team football. First team signings need to be of a far higher standard.

One of the youth players. I don't think the club have mentioned him anywhere so I'd better not, but if you check back who graduated from FVFA in the summer of 16 there's only one who's name hasn't appeared on the released list.

Jonny Mitchell?

Some blethers on the DU page flying a kite by saying that they have agreed terms with Sibbald and that Scobbie will be on his way back as part of any deal.

Hopefully a lot of pish, the thought of Scobbie returning gives me the fear!

We would have been as well keeping Gasparotto.

Some blethers on the DU page flying a kite by saying that they have agreed terms with Sibbald and that Scobbie will be on his way back as part of any deal.
Hopefully a lot of pish, the thought of Scobbie returning gives me the fear!
We would have been as well keeping Gasparotto.

I doubt a player could be used as a swap when one of the players is out of contract.

We’ve just signed 2 left sided defenders also and scobbie is guff.