The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Your budget is considerably bigger than ours though. It's not really an excuse. We lost half a team after 2015 when Clark, Holt, Reilly, Carmichael and McShane jumped ship for the Premier League (or Hibs in Carmichael's case). It was a much bigger loss of talent on a lower budget but we didn't collapse as Houston's Falkirk did, although undeniably we became far less competitive at the top end of the division.

Imagine Queens without Dobbie. That, to me, was Falkirk without Vaulks. Money don't enough to replace that level of talent. 

8 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

If you're given the budget of a rankin when you need to replace a Vaulks, shit like this happens. 

So how do you explain Livi and Hamilton on smaller budgets than us and St Mirren on a  similar budget getting promoted whilst we languish down here?  We were never going to replace Vaulks with the same quality but that didnt mean we had to replace him with a diddy like Rankin.

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It’s pretty much common knowledge Hartley would travel up and down the country taking in almost every game possible. You’re taking the idea that because we now have a dedicated scout in England Hartley did nothing, it’s pish.

Is it??? 

So you're claiming that Hartley has been tanning the motorways of England and Wales looking at players? Despite having brought in a scout  from the Midlands specifically to identify "talent" from south of the border. Yer baws he has.

Perhaps although if he'd replaced them with any sort of half decent players he'd still be in a job anyway.  Replacing Vaulks with John Rankin and Alston with craigen/ Alec Harris is only going to end in failure.

Houston wanted Rankin regardless of Vaulks staying/leaving but couldn’t as didn’t have any wage budget left.

Is it??? 
So you're claiming that Hartley has been tanning the motorways of England and Wales looking at players? Despite having brought in a scout  from the Midlands specifically to identify "talent" from south of the border. Yer baws he has.
I was happy he got a scout as one of the issues identified from Dundee fans was that he tried to do everything himself, burnt himself out travelling too much etc. And if you paid attention, youl know he still took in loads of games.

As stated already, no way is Hartley lazy.

6 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Not with the current batch he didn't. He actually admitted at a business breakfast last month that he had taken the scouts word for it about the players we were buying. He hadn't even seen most of them play. I knew at that point his days were numbered.

Spot on. Hartley said when bringing in Mitchell it's because it wasn't practical for him to scout players in England. He outsourced that. 

Other managers travel more. Hartley has a young family, I can understand why he doesn't want to go to Truro on a weds evening. 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

So how do you explain Livi and Hamilton on smaller budgets than us and St Mirren on a  similar budget getting promoted whilst we languish down here?  We were never going to replace Vaulks with the same quality but that didnt mean we had to replace him with a diddy like Rankin.

And you know what their budgets are how, exactly? I wouldn't believe a dam thin anyone at Livi says regarding money and the only thing Hampton prove is how easy it is to stay in that league now with one relegation space. 

With him, Dallison, Muirhead and McGhee. I feel so so sorry for any striker who try’s to run past them, cause they are getting wiped the f**k out
Seen the Dunfermline fans.... Seething cos Falkirk are digging up diamonds and Raith are signing ballers like Rory Loy and the best they can muster is an extension for wee Higgy.

Delicioso.
Caley the first victims of Don Paul’s new boiz. Lovely.
Well, after a summer of absolute delight and excitement it seems that the Falkirk bubble has burst.
This is in no way a dig, but picking a few pages at random from around June time there's more than a few comments flying about like the ones quoted.
I take it the guys signed are just p*sh? Or was it Hartley's tactics? I try to read most threads from Championship to L2 but this one seems to be the one that turned full circle the most.
Interesting.

Genuine question - you know this how?
Talk on here and from Hartley himself about attending games, he talked about attending games often. His previous form from the Dundee fans and the sensible assumption that is through his management career, he hasnt been lazy and felt the need to attend lots of football matches, thats unlikely to have changed.

Talk us through how you know he is lazy?

1 minute ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

This is in no way a dig, but picking a few pages at random from around June time there's more than a few comments flying about like the ones quoted.

Dono what’s worse, my bad judgement on Hartley, or you digging about a Bairns thread from June for quotes.

What a nick.

6 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

And you know what their budgets are how, exactly? I wouldn't believe a dam thin anyone at Livi says regarding money and the only thing Hampton prove is how easy it is to stay in that league now with one relegation space. 

I can assure you that Livi are on a much smaller budget than we are for christs sake .  Look at the players they signed. All from lower leagues that no one wanted.  Hamilton still had to get up to that league by getting promoted which they did on a much smaller budget than we've got.  Last season we had the second biggest budget in the league and we used it to sign the likes of Alec feckin harris . If you pish your budget down the drain your not going to go up no matter its size.  St Mirren picked up the likes of McGinn whilst we were signing donkeys like Rankin.

Edited by Shodwall cat

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Your budget is considerably bigger than ours though. It's not really an excuse. We lost half a team after 2015 when Clark, Holt, Reilly, Carmichael and McShane jumped ship for the Premier League (or Hibs in Carmichael's case). It was a much bigger loss of talent on a lower budget but we didn't collapse as Houston's Falkirk did, although undeniably we became far less competitive at the top end of the division.

Managers to me have a shelf life and Houston had passed his added with his poor recruitment and his refusal to bring through our academy players year on year on seen us weaker and was a time bomb. 

Budgets help but a manager obviously but one who knows what he is doing can surpass a budget difference, this league isn't a foregone conclusion because of budgets and only Rangers and Hibs recently have topped it recently with the biggest budgets in the league

4 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Fucking rotten patter when opposition fans flood the thread with the usual pish of “take our manager, we’ll even drop him off” etc.

Of course no Falkirk fan has ever said that about any of the players,  or even Managers,  they want shot of.