The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Sacking anybody only 3 games in just does lot look like the real reason. Suspect there was something else going on in the background. Falkirk have always been loyal to their managers and stood by them when thing went wrong.  The situation is serious for the long term future of the club. Bottom of the league, player moral low and question marks over the quality brought in. Whoever comes in has no choice but to work with what they have got.  Whoever it is the support have to get behind them and the players that go on the park.

Perhaps they've learned that keeping Houston too long (and May too long) was massively detrimental to the club, and this time they have acted accordingly.

McIntyre is the Number 1 target and its looking like he is going to take it . but don't expect singing this week or next he will have to work with what he has PH has spent a Wad 

A few,loans might be in the pipeline only time will tell 

In the Ten months the club has been riped apart not good !

We've had the player clearout we needed last year. We've cleared out the manager. Now we need to get in the manager we should have got in last year. We need someone capable of motivating the players and more importantly, keeping them motivated when it's not going well. Being able to actually coach players and having a modicum of tactical ability would be nice too.

Now we get to see if the players are as bad as we have seen so far. I somehow doubt it. I'm not saying they are great, but I doubt they are as bad as we have seen so fat. That team looked exactly like a bunch of guys who were getting no guidance from Hartley and were getting publicly slated for it. Paton can still f**k off though.

Sacking anybody only 3 games in just does lot look like the real reason. Suspect there was something else going on in the background. Falkirk have always been loyal to their managers and stood by them when thing went wrong.  The situation is serious for the long term future of the club. Bottom of the league, player moral low and question marks over the quality brought in. Whoever comes in has no choice but to work with what they have got.  Whoever it is the support have to get behind them and the players that go on the park.

This. I think that Hartley management style has forced the issue. Nasty person

3 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:
37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

This. I think that Hartley management style has forced the issue. Nasty person

Yes. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to work out from some of the Facebook posts from club volunteers and "Likes" of certain tweets on twitter by current players that Hartley seems to have been a c**t of a person around the club. 

We've got this badly wrong, and I hold my hands up I, was delighted at Hartley's appointment. Hopefully the poisonous greasy little p***k never works in football again.

I can't get my head round how the players he brought in last season were largely improvements yet the current lot look a total shambles. I can't help but feel we're missing something here.
Theres only two schools of thought really to be had here.

Either, the players are utterly fucking shite. If the players are as bad as it appears, then we are bang in trouble regardless of manager.

OR

We have been less than the sum of our parts due to a combination of factors, and if the chief factor WAS Hartleys attitude/ineptitude or whatever, then theres a change that this rare swift action from the board might allow us to prevent a major train wreck.

The truth is no doubt somewhere between the two as usual. But I am glad that we are going to find out. I would hate for us to have shambled our way to a relegation without even having tried to fix it.

The new guy is going to need something from the board though. I hope someone from the club is in touch with Andy Nelson and keeping that alive. He is the type of player we need.

There will be an upturn in the next game, even without a new manager. The player will be waking up with a sense of relief this morning.

Mon the Bairns.

The players should equally be absolutely ashamed of themselves. In a way, they’ve performed just as bad as Hartley. Basic stuff like taking corners, man-marking and passing a ball 10 yards has been diabolical - no matter how poor a footballer you are, these things should be assumed at full-time level.

The summer stuff on here was a real laugh. None of us really had any clue as to what standard of player was being brought to the club, and sadly, I don’t think Paul Hartley knew either.

While I am not a fan of “directors of football”, the BoD Of FFC needs to be more aware of their limitations in terms of football knowledge, and find a way of giving themselves a sense check on potential signings such that chancers like “Mitch” can’t unload a bunch of donkeys on us again.

it doesn’t need to be a full time post, but an ad hoc “consultant” basis might not be a bad thing. In essence, the manager wouldn’t need to persuade the BoD of a player’s value. He or she would need to discuss and persuade another “football person”. I reckon someone like a John Hartson could fulfill a role like this comfortably without actually being a salaried employee.

Not for every club, but when you have a club where the BoD can’t do that evaluation themselves, then initially at least, some form of check and balance wouldn’t be a bad thing. It would at least offer up some protection from the moronic approach that was given free rein in the past few months.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The summer stuff on here was a real laugh. None of us really had any clue as to what standard of player was being brought to the club, and sadly, I don’t think Paul Hartley knew either.

While I am not a fan of “directors of football”, the BoD Of FFC needs to be more aware of their limitations in terms of football knowledge, and find a way of giving themselves a sense check on potential signings such that chancers like “Mitch” can’t unload a bunch of donkeys on us again.

it doesn’t need to be a full time post, but an ad hoc “consultant” basis might not be a bad thing. In essence, the manager wouldn’t need to persuade the BoD of a player’s value. He or she would need to discuss and persuade another “football person”. I reckon someone like a John Hartson could fulfill a role like this comfortably without actually being a salaried employee.

Not for every club, but when you have a club where the BoD can’t do that evaluation themselves, then initially at least, some form of check and balance wouldn’t be a bad thing. It would at least offer up some protection from the moronic approach that was given free rein in the past few months.

I don't think you can blame the BoD for letting Hartley sign the players he wanted. Hartley is an experienced football player and manager and the BoD rightly assumed him and his scout would be better at evaluating players than them.

There would be uproar if the BoD had stopped Hartley from signing the players he wanted.

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Maybe the difference between his recruitment when he came in and over the summer was the loss of the guiding hand of Alex Smith?