The Falkirk FC Thread

Some dreadful shouts earlier in the thread, Kenny Miller ffs. After Saturday he absolutely had to go it was the type of performance that gets the manager the sack. Players quite clearly not giving a f**k and just accepting defeat.

It’s really going to take a lot to get us turned around and I hope we can appoint someone before the end of the window as we need at least 4 better quality players into the squad but seeing as we’ve appointed Gordon Young as caretaker I don’t see that happening.

I’ve just got this horrible feeling that we’re going to appoint Jim Duffy. I hope I’m wrong of course.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Some dreadful shouts earlier in the thread, Kenny Miller ffs. After Saturday he absolutely had to go it was the type of performance that gets the manager the sack. Players quite clearly not giving a f**k and just accepting defeat.

It’s really going to take a lot to get us turned around and I hope we can appoint someone before the end of the window as we need at least 4 better quality players into the squad but seeing as we’ve appointed Gordon Young as caretaker I don’t see that happening.

I’ve just got this horrible feeling that we’re going to appoint Jim Duffy. I hope I’m wrong of course.

On the worst shouts front, credit to someone on the clubs Twitter feed for suggesting Joe Tortolano, who I think is an electrician or something.

That was an inventively horrific suggestion not just from left field,but from left field on Saturn.

it's the right decision we couldn't take the risk of leaving it longer.

I started getting concerned when he emptied our better players And kept our lesser performing players Harris kidd ohara McKee...to then replace these better players almost to a man with worse ones was pure negligence.

i thought he did a great job last season but the contrast this was unexpected

I'd be okay with McIntyre or hopkin. don't think McCall would touch us for a number of reasons

11 hours ago, Trump said:

Mark Kerr player/manager?

No ta. 

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

And McCalls hung up

McCall will be too pished at this time in the morning to pick anything up. 

Opened the app to 58 new posts. I thought, couldn't it be? 

Horny. 

Who's likely? Absolutely need someone who knows the league and will have enough contacts to get someone in quickly.

McIntyre - As good a management record as we're likely to attract at this time

McCall - Would love him back as he's done a great job at Ayr but he'd be insane to take it

Hopkin - Great work at Livi, turned down managing them in the Premier to be unemployed so probably wont be keen on our shambles

Duffy - Did well at Morton but they wanted him out by the end, would take him as a stop gap if needed

Yogi - Great memories but I wonder how similar we'll be to his Raith side where he couldn't bully a performance out of utter shite

Kenny Miller - GTF 

Some form of Lee Miller/Mark Kerr combo - Romantics choice but no clue how that would go. Would improve our first team though.

Folk on that abysmal COYB page were wanting Muirheid player-manager.

Ffs.

Taking penalties is the only good attribute Muirhead has going for him. He really is fucking shite. I think a lot of people are filled because ‘he gets stuck in’ or apparently shows a lot of passion or whatever bullshit but he’s an absolutely dreadful defender. No much better at centre-back than at right-back.

I started getting concerned when he emptied our better players And kept our lesser performing players Harris kidd ohara McKee...to then replace these better players almost to a man with worse ones was pure negligence.

Tbf both McKee and Harris were already contracted for this season so there was nothing he could do about that.

I’d also argue that every single player we punted was correct. Of course it’s just his signings have been horrific but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have binned they players just we should’ve recruited a hell of a lot better than some wee boys and Paul fucking Paton.

17 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

On the worst shouts front, credit to someone on the clubs Twitter feed for suggesting Joe Tortolano, who I think is an electrician or something.

That was an inventively horrific suggestion not just from left field,but from left field on Saturn.

He's a greasy maintenance guy for FES. 

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

I’d also argue that every single player we punted was correct. Of course it’s just his signings have been horrific but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have binned they players just we shouldn’t recruited a hell of a lot better than some wee boys and Paul fucking Paton.

Agreed, nobody on last seasons form could complain about getting punted. Getting rid of absolutely everyone before seeing who'll come in was a huge gamble and Hartley has quite rightly paid for it with his job. He was hugely let down by the scout though.