The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Teams don't just become shite overnight though, I always saw Falkirk as one of the strongest sides in the Championship recently but were a bit unlucky in that they had Hearts, Hibs and Rangers to compete with. I assumed with them gone it would finally be Falkirk's time but it's all went completely wrong it seems.

Terrible recruitment mate. Losing some of the best players in the league and replacing them with mediocrity and a lot worse.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Once this done we need another restructure,  Hartley can only go by what he was handed as prospects by the Scout to sign although he picks the team and the tactics  the last 2 yrs have everything for a club in some sort of crisis more going by leadership or lack of at the top we need to get this one right.  Last year Hartley was pretty much everyones choice for taking over due to the options available,  i dont want the usual suspects anywhere near our club especially Yogi.

That's not true. It was Hartley's decision to hire this particular scout as he didn't want to do the hard yards. 

He is responsible for all signings. Its his fault he brought in a clown and he signed utter garbage 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Last season we were told the reshuffle in January was cost neutral so that can and has to be done again. It needs 4/5 players to get us there though and quickly. You can't play a back three as we have no pace in any 4 of the CH's we have.

Need a RB, a CH two in midfield and a striker to start with.

Utter shambles on this Boards watch........again

We were told being the key to this cash neutral, I very much doubt it was tho

3 hours ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

All a new manager has to do is sign a right back and he will instantly be a Falkirk legend.

or be a right back player manager 

3 hours ago, Russ said:

I’d also argue that every single player we punted was correct. Of course it’s just his signings have been horrific but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have binned they players just we should’ve recruited a hell of a lot better than some wee boys and Paul fucking Paton.

I doubt you will find many of the punted players who will not thank Hartley for punting them with in some cases a pay off,  longer contracts, promotion, league medals and more cash.

The quality is by far worse now than what he took over and even the balance of the squad is a mess.

Taiwo v Paton one of the many examples where we have traded low albeit the injury record of Taiwo coming into play but I'd rather have kept Taiwo on a one year than Paton on a 2yr contract.

Just now, MrDust said:

We were told being the key to this cash neutral, I very much doubt it was tho

or be a right back player manager 

I doubt you will find many of the punted players who will not thank Hartley for punting them with in some cases a pay off,  longer contracts, promotion, league medals and more cash.

The quality is by far worse now than what he took over and even the balance of the squad is a mess.

Taiwo v Paton one of the many examples where we have traded low albeit the injury record of Taiwo coming into play but I'd rather have kept Taiwo on a one year than Paton on a 2yr contract.

Hartleys main statements when he first came in were  

Get better quality in , reduce the size of the squad, improve recruitment.

FAIL, FAIL, FAIL.

2 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Replacing Taiwo with Paton was when I realised Hartley hadn't got a clue with regards to recruitment or judging player ability.

The fact he then banned him from the stadium after 4 years at the club for the last game of the season shows why Hartley is a nasty man with no management skills who'll be lucky to manage a team again.

15 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Terrible recruitment mate. Losing some of the best players in the league and replacing them with mediocrity and a lot worse.

I'm not sure we've had much that would qualify as that recently...

4 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Replacing Taiwo with Paton was when I realised Hartley hadn't got a clue with regards to recruitment or judging player ability.

The fact he then banned him from the stadium after 4 years at the club for the last game of the season shows why Hartley is a nasty man with no management skills who'll be lucky to manage a team again.

You were right about Hartley all along. I apologise to you.

19 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Hearing McIntyre to be announced at 2:30pm

I'm guessing he will know a lot of the Ross County team and want to put two fingers up at them albeit he probably will be in the stands if the above was to happen for Saturdays game.

I wouldn't be averse to McIntyre, he has won a trophy and has experience, still I would've took a lookalike tramp to be our manager than Hartley after Saturday

Paton wasn't a bad signing on paper. He's not that old and was very good at this level in the centre of midfield for us when we won it. He's limited, but he was valuable to us based on the fact he had a lot of dig which allowed the creative players to play. I'd say it's the amount of unknown players you've brought in from down south that make less sense because of the gamble involved there.

Edited by Firhill_Basin