The Falkirk FC Thread

On the worst shouts front, credit to someone on the clubs Twitter feed for suggesting Joe Tortolano, who I think is an electrician or something.
That was an inventively horrific suggestion not just from left field,but from left field on Saturn.

Having someone who can knock an electric chair together might be handy tbf

We need a fucking miracle, Hartley had to go but this is a bigger hurdle than last year

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Your board seem a shambles, don't write it off.

You'd imagine someone will be appointed before the window shuts though?

Perhaps but your still not going to appoint someone that had a rammy with you at the stadium on previous visits.  

Edited by Shodwall cat

48 minutes ago, Russ said:

I’d also argue that every single player we punted was correct. Of course it’s just his signings have been horrific but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have binned they players just we should’ve recruited a hell of a lot better than some wee boys and Paul fucking Paton.

This 100%.

I genuinely can't believe folk are saying Hartley was wrong to get rid of x, y and z. We were utterly atrocious last season and each and every one of those players deserved to be emptied.

Once this done we need another restructure,  Hartley can only go by what he was handed as prospects by the Scout to sign although he picks the team and the tactics  the last 2 yrs have everything for a club in some sort of crisis more going by leadership or lack of at the top we need to get this one right.  Last year Hartley was pretty much everyones choice for taking over due to the options available,  i dont want the usual suspects anywhere near our club especially Yogi.

I’m just out my 20’s so not got the memories of a few posters on here but this really is the lowest of the low for me. The last 10 years have been a slow decline until we have reached this point. So many opportunities passed up to get us out of this league and when we rolled the dice we made a complete mess of it. I honestly have no idea where we go from here, and more worrying is how this can improve given the lack of transfer window left. The years of coasting along are coming home to roast.

Glad Hartley is away as although he did his job last season, summer recruitment has been awful.  I agree with people dragging the board into this (and obviously the scout).  The chat before the summer was about a small squad that was tactically flexible and focussed on quality over quantity.  Instead we've ended up with players who for the most part, are worse than what we (rightly) binned last year.  The squad is also lopsided and a bit bloated.  This is Hartley's fault but surely these signings are approved by the board?  I get they are not 'football' people but surely you dont need to be a tactical genius to notice that we dont have a right back.  Why commision further signings including a third left back in the squad when it was clear this was a position we didnt have covered at all.   I'm glad they have taken decisive action this week but I suspect there will be little or no accountability for either the board members or CEO after this debacle which is disappointing.

It's been a shambles from top to bottom over the summer and I hope a new manager is appointed before Friday with a chance to maybe get 1 or 2 in.  Regardless, it is a very tough gig and I think the target is likely to be 8th place for the new manager.  The depressing this is its just another season pretty much over before it's even started...

1 minute ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

It'll be hard to attract anyone decent with the current squad.

this is my worry. but then if their out of work and have mortgages to pay. who knows? also have that excuse like hartley had that it isnt their players and cant be held accountable until they bring in their own players.

Sacking anybody only 3 games in just does lot look like the real reason. Suspect there was something else going on in the background. Falkirk have always been loyal to their managers and stood by them when thing went wrong.  The situation is serious for the long term future of the club. Bottom of the league, player moral low and question marks over the quality brought in. Whoever comes in has no choice but to work with what they have got.  Whoever it is the support have to get behind them and the players that go on the park.

I don't know how many pages back in the thread it will be now, but I saw a few posts stating that the scout was Ross County's at one time.

I'm guessing that would be the scout who was hired at the end of '14-15 and beginning of '15-16, on the back of ICT having success in recruiting players from the north of England.

County signed quite a few players from north England at that time.  The majority of them had some kind of connection to Scottish football, whether being Scottish themselves and playing in England or having Scottish relatives.  There were some who were plucked from England who didn't have any connection like that, some of whom were qualified successes.  The only unqualified success would be Andrew Davies, who would have been on a record-breaking wage for the time at the club.  Craig Curran - now at Dundee United - would be the next biggest success I suppose, but he arrived in Jan '14 and that might have been before the scout was hired.  The rest were decent at best.  County won the League Cup in '15/16 so the scout will have a good record on his CV, but it's not as good as it looks from the outside.

ETA '14-15 and '15/16, @TheScarf is right.

Edited by bunglebonce

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Sacking anybody only 3 games in just does lot look like the real reason. Suspect there was something else going on in the background. Falkirk have always been loyal to their managers and stood by them when thing went wrong.  The situation is serious for the long term future of the club. Bottom of the league, player moral low and question marks over the quality brought in. Whoever comes in has no choice but to work with what they have got.  Whoever it is the support have to get behind them and the players that go on the park.

think the support like myself will be relieved that hartley has gone. anyone coming in just needs to go back to basics and try and sort out defence first. dont lose a goal then we have a chance of hetting a point on the board. season right off now unless its a miracle worker brought in.

4 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

I don't know how many pages back in the thread it will be now, but I saw a few posts stating that the scout was Ross County's at one time.

I'm guessing that would be the scout who was hired at the end of '13/14 and beginning of '14/15, on the back of ICT having success in recruiting players from the north of England.

County signed quite a few players from north England at that time.  The majority of them had some kind of connection to Scottish football, whether being Scottish themselves and playing in England or having Scottish relatives.  There were some who were plucked from England who didn't have any connection like that, some of whom were qualified successes.  The only unqualified success would be Andrew Davies, who would have been on a record-breaking wage for the time at the club.  Craig Curran - now at Dundee United - would be the next biggest success I suppose, but he arrived in Jan '14 and that might have been before the scout was hired.  The rest were decent at best.  County won the League Cup in '14/15 so the scout will have a good record on his CV, but it's not as good as it looks from the outside.

*15/16