The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Canning should apply. 

(I think) he would get a pay rise if he got the job.

I await someone to debunk this immediately. 

Martin Canning would be a phenomenal appointment. He has consistently kept Hamilton in the top flight.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Aye Bobby Barr is well known for being a model pro and seems really trustworthy. I take it Yogi was phoning him up and winding him up when he was square go'ing Raith fans last season?

He's no saint and perhaps he's embellished some of it to make Yogi sound worse, but you surely wouldn't go on record with that stuff if there wasn't some truth in it. 

Even if you disregard that, his record there doesn't fill me with confidence that he could get us out a similar position. Raith should have had enough on paper to stay up, but went on a shambolic run and were ultimately sent down by that Brechin team.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:
For anyone that's interested, I thought Tommy Robson had a really good game up at Brechin today. Hopefully Saturday will see him back where he belong on the left side of our defence.

Tommy Robson didn't do much wrong against the young Rangers and should have played on Saturday.

The Ranger Colt goal came from down his side which may have been a factor, he is pretty much in the shape of Leahy creativity for me and possible par if not better in the defensive manner

42 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Falkirk FC can confirm that it has come to a mutual agreement with Paul Hartley who will leave the club with immediate effect.

The Board of Directors wish to place on record their gratitude to Paul for all of his work during his time at The Falkirk Stadium. We wish Paul and his family the very best for the future.

In the interim period, Gordon Young will take charge of first team affairs.

A recruitment process will begin with immediate effect.

The club is committed to keeping supporters informed as new arrangements are put in place. We thank our fans for your patience as we seek to build a positive platform for the season ahead.

I wonder if that suggest the new man might have to work with the backroom staff or some, tho tbf we dont have an Alex Smith or any elder experienced pros who know the place, doing coaching badges etc to do the job

39 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d take it from that that we won’t be signing anyone else before Xmas....

The emergency loan might be an option, the emergency being that the players we have are a crock of shit.

There surely is a few out of contract players hanging about too

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Feel it's slightly early to punt him considering the overhaul you guys have made with your squad but I suppose he can hardly have any complaints. 

From the outside looking in, f**k knows how a guy with a great track record in this division got it so badly, badly wrong. That's him got significant baggage as a manager now and will probably struggle to bounce back from this. Shocked. 

Andy Rodgers will be delighted. 

When you struggle to beat 3 seaside league teams and a colt team then your cards are marked for either major improvement or GTF.

I'm still quite surprised we have binned him this early as we never really have went down the snap decisions of binning managers no matter of the board in my time bar Bannon. I'd go back to who I wanted pre Hartley in my wanted listed with McCall but cant see us paying for him or him being keen.

Id like someone in for the challenge cup game tho as the new man will have a free ride to match day experience for his first game to witness how bad we are.

Is Alex Smith available to manage via Skype !!!!

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

He's no saint and perhaps he's embellished some of it to make Yogi sound worse, but you surely wouldn't go on record with that stuff if there wasn't some truth in it. 

Even if you disregard that, his record there doesn't fill me with confidence that he could get us out a similar position. Raith should have had enough on paper to stay up, but went on a shambolic run and were ultimately sent down by that Brechin team.

Aye all HUGHES patter aside he seemed to get very old overnight at Raith. I'll cry tears of joy if he comes back though.

1 minute ago, lanky_ffc said:

What’s the jist of what was said? 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Martin Canning would be a phenomenal appointment. He has consistently kept Hamilton in the top flight.

He has kept us up by the skin of his teeth living off of Alex Neils players. 

Has signed loads of terrible players.*

*However I must admit this season has been his best transfer window (by a mile) since he has taken charge.

Taiwo, McGowan and Delph have been immense so far. 

He also has a win % of like 25%. 

If you appointed him he will keep you up, however there will be no top4/title charge in the future either.

I do believe this may be the season where '#CanningOut' dies. 

But as it stands the majority of Accies fans including myself want him out. 

6 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The emergency loan might be an option, the emergency being that the players we have are a crock of shit.

No such thing as emergency loans now except for gk when regular keeper unavailable due to illness, injury or international call up.

After Friday night all you can do before January is bring in a free agent.