The Falkirk FC Thread

You could also say without him we'd have lost fewer goals, given several of those lost have directly been his fault, or partially. 

Not in the last 2 games you couldn’t. Of the 5 goals lost none could be labelled as GK error. Watch them back, they are all from either a player or players leaving him exposed. I’m not saying he’s a fantastic keeper, but he is competent and currently the only real choice for Number 1.

Well, the QotS games was the roller coaster plummeting down its second biggest drop (relegation being the biggest), and while the RC game was the carriage trundling along in the flat, McKinnon talking over has certainly been an unexpected lift.

Getting shot of “Crucial Mitch” has done us no harm, and between Young and Ritchie going, Ritchie is definitely the more joyous departure.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah Hartley will get a gig somewhere. Loads of managers have a disaster on their CV and in an interview he could point to his performance the year before and try to offload some blame here and there.

We appointed Gary Locke despite our fans begging our board not to. We'd probably be liable to appoint him.

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not in the last 2 games you couldn’t. Of the 5 goals lost none could be labelled as GK error. Watch them back, they are all from either a player or players leaving him exposed. I’m not saying he’s a fantastic keeper, but he is competent and currently the only real choice for Number 1.

Eh? 

He flapped Dobbie's hat trick goal in and his pisspoor attempt at a save led to RC's first goal at the weekend.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Real make or break moment for the likes of TOE, Dallison, Harrison. The manager who signed them and the scout who recommended them are gone.

They are now trading purely on their performances in training and in the games.

TOE was invisible in yesterdays development game but more visible than Turner, youd think that extra 10-20% would be in you when you know the new manager is in the stand watching.

We will of coure be back to tombola teamsheet this week but I do expect/hope it will be more settled in weeks to come in which someone can actually guess the starting 11

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

You'd think so but then you get guys like Jim Duffy and Pressley who have done nothing of any note in their entire managerial careers and yet still get gigs. 

Duffy tbf has went down the leagues to come back up again which I think Hartley will need to do, Pressley is just a mouth piece that will talk his way into varying jobs.

4 minutes ago, MrDust said:

TOE was invisible in yesterdays development game but more visible than Turner, youd think that extra 10-20% would be in you when you know the new manager is in the stand watching.

We will of coure be back to tombola teamsheet this week but I do expect/hope it will be more settled in weeks to come in which someone can actually guess the starting 11

Duffy tbf has went down the leagues to come back up again which I think Hartley will need to do, Pressley is just a mouth piece that will talk his way into varying jobs.

Aye he's went down the leagues to Brechin where he achieved hee haw ,  ended up at Clyde, won  nowt with them and somehow that got him the morton job where he won league one which should be a shoe in for a club like Morton and has done nothing dramatic since. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

I’d quite like to see Mitchell in goals on Saturday. I don’t think Fasan is as bad as folks are making him out to be however I think Mitchell is better.

Albeit Mitchell having nowt much to do yesterday in the development league game he looked assured in what he was doing, he does look quite small for a goalkeeper but that doesnt matter a jot if he keeps the ball out of the net

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

We are all top boys and when we eventually win this league there will be some party!

Fucking right. Timeline below :-

This season - avoid relegation

Summer - Empty this muck. Pick through the Morton carcass for 3 or 4 and sign 5 or 6 more from England and abroad. 

Next season - Felch this league.

Just now, Bairn Necessities said:

Fucking right. Timeline below :-

This season - avoid relegation

Summer - Empty this muck. Pick through the Morton carcass for 3 or 4 and sign 5 or 6 more from England and abroad. 

Next season - Felch this league.

Was that not last seasons plan save the Morton bit??

Eh? 
He flapped Dobbie's hat trick goal in and his pisspoor attempt at a save led to RC's first goal at the weekend.

I’ll give you the 3rd for Dobbie (tried to forget about them all) but Robson not clearing his lines was the downfall for County’s first on Sat.

I was at the QOS game. The thing that worries me about Fasan  is he keeps wandering too far from his goals.   At least a dozen times in that game he was near the 18 yard line when QOS were already going forward.   The first goal might have been saved had he been nearer the line.   While he is capable of spectacular saves which did keep the score down, it's only a matter of time before teams realise that a lob from distance has a decent chance.

11 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Pressley's recent record has screwed his reputation and he is currently managing in Cyprus. 

IMO we need to sign good players wherever they come from and ditch this 'we must sign English players because they're better than Scottish players' idea.

English academies have literally thousands of players in them, most of whom will be lucky to make a career at conference level, never mind be the next Messi. The ones who do have talent won't be coming anywhere near us for £800 a week anyway.

Even going down the route of signing players who have performed well in the national league or league 2 is difficult, as they will have much better offers down south with the money available there. What we're then left with is players  like we've signed who can't get a game for league 2 or conference teams.

I am excited to hear talk of us scouting Europe. I think this is where we could really find some gems as we'll be able to look at young players doing well in say Central/Eastern Europe who won't be on much money, instead of rejects from English conference teams.

18 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I’ll give you the 3rd for Dobbie (tried to forget about them all) but Robson not clearing his lines was the downfall for County’s first on Sat.

Aye, but Robson made a c**t of it after Fasan inexplicably didn't hold an absolute trundler he should have thrown his hat on..

Can agree to disagree though.