The Falkirk FC Thread

I wasn`t at Ayr, I`ve only seen highlights and I know how they can give a false impression but from what I saw our performance looked a substantial improvement on recent games. Yes, there`s a lot of work to be done and a few weeks ago I was looking at this game as a potential thrashing when in reality, it should have been our first three points.  We defended poorly in the second half without doubt but I noticed a bit of luck went Ayr`s way as well..especially at the winner. It`s a while since we had "a rub of the green" maybe that`s what`s needed to get a bit of confidence back and start picking up points.

We need a hell of a lot more than "a rub of the green" to get us out of this farcical shambles.
One small positive is that we are not playing against great players, this is the second tier of Scottish football after all.
A lot of organising and a couple of defenders who are not a bad as the current Norman Wisdom tribute acts then we MIGHT have a chance.

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

We need a hell of a lot more than "a rub of the green" to get us out of this farcical shambles.
One small positive is that we are not playing against great players, this is the second tier of Scottish football after all.
A lot of organising and a couple of defenders who are not a bad as the current Norman Wisdom tribute acts then we MIGHT have a chance.

Oh I totally agree, I`m not saying a rub of the green is ALL we need, it`s very obvious we`ve got major problems on the park. What I was trying to say is that yesterday showed to me that we are capable of dominating games even with these players and that a wee rub of the green would help tremendously to pick up some points while we re-build...again!!!

21 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Oh I totally agree, I`m not saying a rub of the green is ALL we need, it`s very obvious we`ve got major problems on the park. What I was trying to say is that yesterday showed to me that we are capable of dominating games even with these players and that a wee rub of the green would help tremendously to pick up some points while we re-build...again!!!

You had your rub of the green first half when Ayr were awful. You blew it.  Although Rat experimented us to a defeat at Ayr his latest whizz  of expecting donkeys to follow explicit tactical instructions produced a second half result  of Frankenstein proportions. What though can you expect from a guy who is only with you for the money.

You had your rub of the green first half when Ayr were awful. You blew it.  Although Rat experimented us to a defeat at Ayr his latest whizz  of expecting donkeys to follow explicit tactical instructions produced a second half result  of Frankenstein proportions. What though can you expect from a guy who is only with you for the money.

Do you think he was in Greenock on a humanitarian mission?

22 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Dallison not good enough

bring back Peter grant

BRING BACK PETER GRANT. Why the hell did we get rid of him? Was it Hartley's decision or his Dad down South at Norwich? Anyway, the worst decision Hartley ever made was getting rid of Peter. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Just out of interest, seems like I've completely missed something but where are people picking up the highlights from?  

on the Ayr Utd twitter feed

We aren't getting championship players in at this time of year, so we either coach these guys hard twice a day or pull the shutters down in the season. 

I'm not for coaching them harder or more, just smarter. We hear this old line coming out from players and managers all the time, "We'll just have to work harder in training".

BRING BACK PETER GRANT. Why the hell did we get rid of him? Was it Hartley's decision or his Dad down South at Norwich? Anyway, the worst decision Hartley ever made was getting rid of Peter. 

On the basis of yesterday, we should probably bring back Mark Kerr. Sibbs and BSLM would also be nice. Sadly won’t happen.
One things for sure, there’s a few on here who may be a bit more careful re what they wish for in future....

6 minutes ago, yogisbairns said:

I'm not for coaching them harder or more, just smarter. We hear this old line coming out from players and managers all the time, "We'll just have to work harder in training".

Doesn't have to be physically hard, but there's no way they should be getting off the training ground until they are getting the basics right, time after time. 

2 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I'm not in denial, we've been rank rotten. Where we differ is that I believe that properly coached and motivated, these players are capable of getting results. And I'm hopeful of being proven right, because if not, we will be sunk by the time the window reopens. 

I still have a problem with this. For it to be based on fact rather than wishful thinking, there has to be a case for saying that if properly managed, our guys are better than the opposition players who presumably, are already being well coached. Of what we have seen so far, many of our players aren’t better than anyone. I would even go so far as to say that there are better players plying their trade in L1 who are better than Fasan, Harrison, Dallison, Lewis, Turner, TOE, and even Kidd.

I don’t know all of those who are out there and available. I am sure none of us do. I am certain from what I have seen that way too many of our signed players are way out of their depth, and cannot be coached to the required standard. There is no Mighty Ducks or Mean Machine story in the making at TFS.

You can 'coach' players till you're blue in the face but most just aren't good enough for this level and never will be. No amount of coaching will turn Scott Harrison into a championship level player. I'm almost positive we could re-sign David McCracken tomorrow and he'd do a better job for us.

The biggest issue we have at the moment we are letting teams come at us instead of closing them down and denying the chance to play. I wouldnt have so much an issue if we could let in one goal and we go up the park and score 2 but we havent even got that.

Just show them how to put in a tackle get them to start closing players down instead of standing off them and letting them its not rocket science.

The best form of defence is attack.

I’m assuming I’m about to get whooshed here but Peter Grant was binned because he’s shite. Just because Tom Dallison is rancid doesn’t change the fact that it was the correct decision to chuck him.

The biggest issue we have at the moment we are letting teams come at us instead of closing them down and denying the chance to play. I wouldnt have so much an issue if we could let in one goal and we go up the park and score 2 but we havent even got that.

Aaron Muirhead is probably the worst for that. He just runs backwards with players then either gives away a stupid foul or allows them to shoot/cross.

A little part of me dies inside every time I watch him being forced to play right-back.