The Falkirk FC Thread

I’m assuming I’m about to get whooshed here but Peter Grant was binned because he’s shite. Just because Tom Dallison is rancid doesn’t change the fact that it was the correct decision to chuck him.

Looking at the chasm in our central defence when Irving gave the ball away for the first yesterday, I’d have bet that we would more than likely got a point out of yesterday.
Releasing players you don’t want is fine. But it only works once you are certain that what you are bringing in is better. It’s certainly not.

Looking at the chasm in our central defence when Irving gave the ball away for the first yesterday, I’d have bet that we would more than likely got a point out of yesterday.
Releasing players you don’t want is fine. But it only works once you are certain that what you are bringing in is better. It’s certainly not.

Nearly everyone we have released to Championship or even worse, Premiership opposition, has gone down well with their supporters.

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Nearly everyone we have released to Championship or even worse, Premiership opposition, has gone down well with their supporters.

The players released werent good enough to win us the championship. The problem is the ones brought in arent good enough to win league one. Dunfermline fans have jizzed over the likes of craigen and aird because they got them a playoff spot and that was good enough for them.  We were right to get rid of these players but we've just made an utter cant of replacing them.

Edited by Shodwall cat

The players released werent good enough to win us the championship. The problem is the ones brought in arent good enough to win league one. Dunfermline fans have jizzed over the likes of craigen and aird because they got them a playoff spot and that was good enough for them.  We were right to get rid of these players but we've just made an utter cant of replacing them.

Correct. However perhaps if we brought in three or four decent players rather than gutting the whole team we may be moving upwards rather than downwards....

There’s no debating the summer recruitment was a fucking disgrace.

However like I said just because we’ve recruited horribly doesn’t mean it wasn’t correct to punt the likes of Grant and Watson.

31 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

To have any sort of defender like Joe McLaughlin, Fraser Wishart, Yogi and John Clarke double act, Ivo den Biemen or Jamie McQuilken anything sort of player in those moulds i would be happy

I met big Bomber Brown last night and asked if he would be up for a comeback. Sadly though, he feels that his best days are probably behind him.

He was at the game yesterday and lets say that he wasn't very complimentary about the performance!

1 hour ago, Branch Ton said:

Although Rat experimented us to a defeat at Ayr his latest whizz  of expecting donkeys to follow explicit tactical instructions produced a second half result  of Frankenstein proportions. What though can you expect from a guy who is only with you for the money.

Virtually everyone in football is in it for the money.

I get that you're hurting over McKinnons' decision, and I know how that feels. I remember how I felt when we lost Jefferies and McCall. Both were were (arguably) doing greater things at Falkirk than McKinnon did at Morton and both left within days of rejecting offers from elsewhere and then making public statements committing their futures to our club.

They still left us. Money talks. Either the immediate money that the next club offers or the potential exposure that it has to get them an even better move (with more money) further down the line.

That's football. And life. Most  of us would do the same if in our jobs if we were offered a similar chance.

The difference is that most of us who've lost out to a  better offer simply get on with it. Whereas your incessant "rat" posts come across as being from a teenager whose been chucked for the first time and doesn't have the maturity to deal with it.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

On the basis of yesterday, we should probably bring back Mark Kerr. Sibbs and BSLM would also be nice. Sadly won’t happen.
One things for sure, there’s a few on here who may be a bit more careful re what they wish for in future....

Shame Shagz is injured for four months, your lot will be down by then at this rate

We slagged Houston 

we continue to slag players

Hartley was who the support asked for

we get him he signed players of lesser ability yet we still criticise players who are still with us who play for the shirt

i would have Houston and previous squad back tomorrow 

stick with good championship players and we can get up

The End is near 

Go and just f**k off with all your shite.

We slagged Houston 
we continue to slag players
Hartley was who the support asked for
we get him he signed players of lesser ability yet we still criticise players who are still with us who play for the shirt
i would have Houston and previous squad back tomorrow 
stick with good championship players and we can get up

For f**k sake.

Have some people forgot just how bad we were at the start of last season? Again just because we’re equally as bad if not worse now does not mean that what we were witnessing the first half of last season was anything approaching acceptable.

Houston had his chance to get us up and failed.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I met big Bomber Brown last night and asked if he would be up for a comeback. Sadly though, he feels that his best days are probably behind him.

He was at the game yesterday and lets say that he wasn't very complimentary about the performance!

Is he back from Oz on holiday or back permanently? Good North Broomage lad Bomber.

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Jeez, wandered down here with duplicate shite patter purely on the basis that I pointed out that you had the grand number of 1,342 attendees at your game on Saturday. Touchy lot. emoji3.png

So good I had to post it here :D 

GALLAGHER.png

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Virtually everyone in football is in it for the money.

I get that you're hurting over McKinnons' decision, and I know how that feels. I remember how I felt when we lost Jefferies and McCall. Both were were (arguably) doing greater things at Falkirk than McKinnon did at Morton and both left within days of rejecting offers from elsewhere and then making public statements committing their futures to our club.

They still left us. Money talks. Either the immediate money that the next club offers or the potential exposure that it has to get them an even better move (with more money) further down the line.

That's football. And life. Most  of us would do the same if in our jobs if we were offered a similar chance.

The difference is that most of us who've lost out to a  better offer simply get on with it. Whereas your incessant "rat" posts come across as being from a teenager whose been chucked for the first time and doesn't have the maturity to deal with it.

Agreed, mostly everyone involved in professional football (if not all) are in it for the money. And as you rightly say, who in their own life wouldn't do the same, be it an office, factory or whatever.

I'm not really one for constantly going on about snakes or rats, but what did bother me was, when McKinnon left the Ton he didn't seem to have the balls to contact the players and backroom staff he had worked closely with (to say cheers, good luck or anything) just buggered off.

I also agree that sometimes a move (outside of the initial bag of silver) can often get you exposure & an even better move in the future. But a move to the Bairns at the present time & with the way he conducted himself during that move, I'm not that sure he will have done himself any favours on that front - time will tell.

Agreed, mostly everyone involved in professional football (if not all) are in it for the money. And as you rightly say, who in their own life wouldn't do the same, be it an office, factory or whatever.
I'm not really one for constantly going on about snakes or rats, but what did bother me was, when McKinnon left the Ton he didn't seem to have the balls to contact the players and backroom staff he had worked closely with (to say cheers, good luck or anything) just buggered off.
I also agree that sometimes a move (outside of the initial bag of silver) can often get you exposure & an even better move in the future. But a move to the Bairns at the present time & with the way he conducted himself during that move, I'm not that sure he will have done himself any favours on that front - time will tell.

On the basis of yesterday, we should probably bring back Mark Kerr. Sibbs and BSLM would also be nice. Sadly won’t happen.
One things for sure, there’s a few on here who may be a bit more careful re what they wish for in future....

Careful, dangerously close to a sensible Morton contribution.

I agreed with the decision to get rid of Peter Grant at the end of the season due to his massive slump since the injury. But he was still an average championship player at worst and it's crazy to release a player like him if you don't know if you can bring in better.

The team Houston left us with didn't have no points from 5 games and wouldn't have gone down like the current team will. It's absolutely incredible that we have a worse team than this time last year, and and all of those responsible will be remembered for a long time at this club.

It's also utterly ridiculous for people to blame the board for signing decisions that were made by Hartley and Mitchell.  Many posters were wanking themselves into a frenzy at the prospect of us signing players released by Truro City, Hartlepool and Motherwell(and most have disappeared since). I tell you what, I'd much rather have Houston's 'lazy' signings from Hibs and Hearts than these jokers.

Edited by EdiBairn