The Falkirk FC Thread

On a positive note at least they know the team is gash and  most of the first team will be punted for the 2019 calendar and they are going  for a legends,  Crunchie for starts is got to be in there alongside Richie Cadette and Stainrod.

who would your choices be ? 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2018/10/11/vote-for-your-legends-2019-calendar/

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On a positive note at least they know the team is gash and  most of the first team will be punted for the 2019 calendar and they are going  for a legends,  Crunchie for starts is got to be in there alongside Richie Cadette and Stainrod.

To change the theme of the current discussion I'd like to nominate Mark Kerr and Lee Miller!

Geordie Gibson would walk into any Falkirk team in my lifetime

Just finally got round to seeing “Hereditary” tonight. I have middle(ish) scary movie threshold, so I found it both scary and unsettling, but still not a match for Dallison watching an opposition punt up the park take its first bounce in front of him.

I'm sure its been covered somewhere in the previous 3140 thread pages; but what exactly was the Lee Miller / Hartley issue?  Was it simply that Big Sexy saw through the numpty Hartley and his PE Teacher mate?

Edited by ATB1961
typo

I'm sure its been covered somewhere in the previous 3140 thread pages; but what exactly was the Lee Miller / Hartley issue?  Was it simply that Big Sexy saw through the numpty Hartley and his PE Teacher mate?
I'm not sure it has ever really been covered. He was on Off the Ball last week and had nothing but good things to say about Falkirk.

Rumour was that Miller and Kerr were unsettling the dressing room and once they got Houston out it was Miller/Kerr combo would take over, tbf it isn't a bad shout as a managerial appointment its just not one you want to take a chance on in a relegation battle.  The board would have been given pelters for appointing another rookie combo if it failed, although i do think it would have been a popular choice but i would hate it if it ever turned on them and if we had been relegated then they would have been able to say "well its not our fault the damage was done when we took over".

Edited by AL-FFC

From the Herald Newspaper 27/09/2017:

"

FALKIRK chair Margaret Lang insists “significant changes” are required at the club following the departure of Peter Houston if a return promotion back to the Premiership is to be secured under a new manager.

Lang said: “With new chief executive Craig Campbell, the board is determined to get our club back into the Premiership – and to stay there.

“Craig and I have been in our roles for only some 90 days, but we know that significant changes need to take place to enable us to win promotion.”

Well they have failed!! In my job there are performance appraisals.....Would anyone like to give a 360 degree review of Ms Lang and Mr Campbell's achievement of targets? Let's face it they have been there for 15 months

40 minutes ago, ATB1961 said:

"

FALKIRK chair Margaret Lang insists “significant changes” are required at the club following the departure of Peter Houston if a return promotion back to the Premiership is to be secured under a new manager.

Lang said: “With new chief executive Craig Campbell, the board is determined to get our club back into the Premiership – and to stay there.

“Craig and I have been in our roles for only some 90 days, but we know that significant changes need to take place to enable us to win promotion.”

Well they have failed!! In my job there are performance appraisals.....Would anyone like to give a 360 degree review of Ms Lang and Mr Campbell's achievement of targets? Let's face it they have been there for 15 months

It all depends what she meant by “significant change”. If it’s the business structure, then fine. If it means that she and Craig also implemented the player recruitment structure, then not so good. In fact, very very bad.

The conspiracy theory I offered up a few pages back was dismissed by only one person. It’s been said elsewhere that due to the timings of when players were approached in spring/ early summer, there was absolutely no way Hartley had seen any of them play. Is anyone aware of any public comment where Hartley spoke of “Mitch” as his friend or colleague?

The only comment I can find extolling the virtues of “Mitch” was from Craig Campbell.

"

That has gone well.....

The Mitch one if i recall correctly was imposed by the BoD due to the fact they wanted Hartley concentrating on the 1st team (in that case the board failed Hartley) although having shite man management skills didnt help his own case too much either.

End of the day anything info that comes out the club is just rumour and speculation, they f**ked up with Mitch appt Hartley to be fair on him was most fans choice given the job he done at Alloa and the fact no one wanted any of the usual suspects the only other choice would have been Coyle who was snapped up by County before PH was announced. 

Houston sacking given the way the support wanted change yet some wanted him to stay to turn it round (they were damned if they do damned if they didnt with Houstie)

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It all depends what she meant by “significant change”. If it’s the business structure, then fine. If it means that she and Craig also implemented the player recruitment structure, then not so good. In fact, very very bad.

The conspiracy theory I offered up a few pages back was dismissed by only one person. It’s been said elsewhere that due to the timings of when players were approached in spring/ early summer, there was absolutely no way Hartley had seen any of them play. Is anyone aware of any public comment where Hartley spoke of “Mitch” as his friend or colleague?

The only comment I can find extolling the virtues of “Mitch” was from Craig Campbell.

Interesting

2 hours ago, ATB1961 said:

"

Ms lang is first and foremost a fan. She should never have been encouraged to take this  role in the first place. Fitba in Scotland is a man's world and she is greatly out of her depth. Having said that  she would be good to have around in the background in a  secretarial capacity as she cares about the club. We have no need however for a chief executive who isn't a fan he's not needed or liked and should go so we can use his wage on a decent right back. Does any one know what Mr Campbell  does on a daily basis. Like many I suspect our nieve approach to turning round the fortunes of the club  led to Mitch and whoever he was in cahoots with dumping a right load of garbage on the club while they walked away with a right few bob. 

Edited by Stainrod