The Falkirk FC Thread

23 minutes ago, Newmember said:

I think Falkirk will finish above Alloa and that would mean a play off  at best not sure that would be enough for Ray to continue next season in charge . must have cost a few Quid to get rid of Hartley and co and the 4 players Ray let go . 

Go and troll somewhere else 

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Just curious why so many think McKinnon will turn things around for us?
I’m as keen as anyone that he does well and saves us from the seaside leagues next season. However I really was not impressed with his tenure at Dundee United and cant understand why Morton fans got into such a lather.
For me he’s been no better than average at best in his coaching career to date and has a lot to prove.
Be interested in others thoughts?

Ive seen enough to see he has tried to magic wand a good feeling around the place, tho time will tell if he hits a brick wall and awaits Jan as an SOS.

I obviously only seen Dufc v us and thot he was rather rigid on the 4-2-3-1 which I aint its biggest fan and as far as I gathered he switched to a 4-4-2 and got some success with that, so far we have seen more than the two formations and he isnt affraid to change it, a lot of that will probably be because he is trying to shape these misfits into something that looks like a team and he is having to experiment.

I didnt rate him tbh because of his rigid sense of the two formations the obvious failure he had at United and I stil feel his record at Raith is very tainted with his winning run post January of that season where many Raith fans werent best pleased with him playing hoof ball to Daly pre his exit. The jury is well out on him for me but the Utd job isnt a great one to have had over the last few years, he shouldve done better but he is trying to create a positive atmosphere here, not rigid on formations and generally honest with his approach.

Mckinnon really wasnt on any fans radar for our job, I personally think its a safe appointment, knows the division, has a reasonable contact list for players to loan/buy and if he fails it will be on his own head with a heavy part the mess Hartley has left us with, but its by far not mission impossible but  one that will show what he is made of and if he can continue to keep this postive mentality around the place as Saturday must have been a massive kick in the nads for him, his interview said that and his body language during the game

I’m as keen as anyone that he does well and saves us from the seaside leagues next season. However I really was not impressed with his tenure at Dundee United and cant understand why Morton fans got into such a lather.
For me he’s been no better than average at best in his coaching career to date and has a lot to prove.

No guarantee but it can’t be any worse than this shambles.

If I see Dallison and Harrison start at Cappilow I think I will join the Morton fans abusing McKinnon

Recently I’ve been thinking the opposite. There is no way he would have known how shite we actually were until he landed. My worry is he is already planning his exit strategy, who would want their cv tainted by this absolute gang of a squad?

Recently I’ve been thinking the opposite. There is no way he would have known how shite we actually were until he landed. My worry is he is already planning his exit strategy, who would want their cv tainted by this absolute gang of a squad?

I think he’s actually in quite a good position.
The support and media know how poor we are and what a f**k up Hartley made of it preseason, so he’s got some time on his side. If the board have promised him some cash at Christmas he’s got an opportunity to impress by doing no more than guiding us through the relegation playoffs or even better by guiding us to eighth or better.
I doubt he’d want to move on before he’s had a chance to make his mark, tbh.

I think he’s actually in quite a good position.
The support and media know how poor we are and what a f**k up Hartley made of it preseason, so he’s got some time on his side. If the board have promised him some cash at Christmas he’s got an opportunity to impress by doing no more than guiding us through the relegation playoffs or even better by guiding us to eighth or better.
I doubt he’d want to move on before he’s had a chance to make his mark, tbh.

He left Morton to come to us as he saw it as a better gig or opportunity he must seriously be regretting that decision now and if a better opportunity than aspiring to finish eighth came along it might tempt him.

41 minutes ago, spratte said:

He left Morton to come to us as he saw it as a better gig or opportunity he must seriously be regretting that decision now and if a better opportunity than aspiring to finish eighth came along it might tempt him.

Absolutely no way he will walk from the Falkirk job, keep us up with this squad and that will look tremendous on any Football CV, anything more than that is bonus points in his favour. 

All we can do is hope that he can turn it round. Tbh, there’s more fun to be had watching the Branch Ton geezer still flail about in legalise Lala  land thinking his Chairman is actually mounting a compensation campaign rather than recognising what he is actually doing.........slowly and quietly letting a hopeless situation die, and hoping no-one has noticed.

Anyway, there’s plenty of whispers going around saying footballing ambitions weren’t his main issues for coming. He simply wanted out of there asap.

If we can get out of this mess, it’s a ridiculous escape, as it feels as though we are giving everyone else near enough a half season head start.

44 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

All we can do is hope that he can turn it round. Tbh, there’s more fun to be had watching the Branch Ton geezer still flail about in legalise Lala  land thinking his Chairman is actually mounting a compensation campaign rather than recognising what he is actually doing.........slowly and quietly letting a hopeless situation die, and hoping no-one has noticed.

Anyway, there’s plenty of whispers going around saying footballing ambitions weren’t his main issues for coming. He simply wanted out of there asap.

If we can get out of this mess, it’s a ridiculous escape, as it feels as though we are giving everyone else near enough a half season head start.

I've heard stuff as well and if true then no wonder he bolted at the first opportunity

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I've heard stuff as well and if true then no wonder he bolted at the first opportunity

Yep, he and Hopkin had similar motives for jumping ship, and in neither case was money the main concern.

4 hours ago, spratte said:

If you spoke to the man for even a couple of minutes, you would realise just how crazily wide of the mark that theory is.

If you spoke to the man for even a couple of minutes, you would realise just how crazily wide of the mark that theory is.

I haven’t spoke to the man so wasn’t aware it was wide of the mark just thought who the hell would want to manage our rabble

Don't know if its been mentioned but there is a really decent gallery on Falkirk FC in the top floor of Callender House.
Some really good memorabillia and articles about club.
Its on until 28th October, well worth a look.

Was there today and definitely worth a look. I like the idea of recreating a European trip from our past and a preseason trip to Malta.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Details please

Meno di salubri personaggi sono in esecuzione o sono coinvolti con Morton e McKinnon non aveva idea prima di prendere il lavoro lì e una volta scoperto che voleva via ASAL