The Falkirk FC Thread

I'd like January to be the original falkirk team, Feb the 1913 cup winners, March 1957 cup winners, then players from each decade 50s to 2010s. Pics of both our grounds side by side and finish december with our player of millennium.

If the club were to go with this I want a percentage of the royalties!

I am sure Ray McKinnon will improve us in January. It’s the bit between now and then that is the bit we need to worry about. Even with a slack handful of players, I doubt that we would suddenly be transformed into a side capable of winning between ten and  a dozen games to reach the safety of 8th spot ( if that is the aim).

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Just curious why so many think McKinnon will turn things around for us?
I’m as keen as anyone that he does well and saves us from the seaside leagues next season. However I really was not impressed with his tenure at Dundee United and cant understand why Morton fans got into such a lather.
For me he’s been no better than average at best in his coaching career to date and has a lot to prove.
Be interested in others thoughts?

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Just curious why so many think McKinnon will turn things around for us?
I’m as keen as anyone that he does well and saves us from the seaside leagues next season. However I really was not impressed with his tenure at Dundee United and cant understand why Morton fans got into such a lather.
For me he’s been no better than average at best in his coaching career to date and has a lot to prove.
Be interested in others thoughts?

I also didn’t rate him whilst at Utd. It prompted me to go look at his managerial statistics a month ago. Surprisingly high iirc, higher than any of our recent managers, in their careers back to about Yogi. 

Theres two ways of looking at this information - good indication he could do well for us, or it means f**k all as there are too many variables. 

His win ratio career wise will take a pounding with us by the looks of things.

Anyone know if Bauben is likely to be fit enough to make the squad next week?  

Edited by BountyBairn

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I am sure Ray McKinnon will improve us in January. It’s the bit between now and then that is the bit we need to worry about. Even with a slack handful of players, I doubt that we would suddenly be transformed into a side capable of winning between ten and  a dozen games to reach the safety of 8th spot ( if that is the aim).

Agree, by time January comes round we could be cut adrift. Relying on Alloa to be as guff as us till then to keep things mediocre. Sad times.