The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Margaret actually turns up at quite a few of the away Reserve / formerly U20 games. Regardless of what people think of her decisions, her commitment and effort can't be questioned. She was like that long before she became Chair. The only other director I think I've ever seen at away second-striitsng games was Ronnie Bateman. 

Her commitment as a superfan has never been in question. Not many share her passion for  the club, or her genuine endeavour to make a success of her tenure. Similarly not many have the passion of  our club captain its just his ability to perform that is in question.

10 hours ago, Newmember said:

Margaret is a hard working Chair who makes no money from being in that position . but got the club at heart 

Its,a long road for Falkirk this season will Ray be able to turn it around only time will tell 

Nor should she make money from that position, she was elected to the role of Chair its not a staff role unlike that of the CEO which is.

I don't doubt her passion for the club but please don't assume hard work equates to good work, being busy and being productive are different things.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Margaret actually turns up at quite a few of the away Reserve / formerly U20 games. Regardless of what people think of her decisions, her commitment and effort can't be questioned. She was like that long before she became Chair. The only other director I think I've ever seen at away second-string games was Ronnie Bateman. 

Hopefully she still goes to these games when she resigns soon. 

She's presided over an absolute omnishambles. She must go. Ideally before the year end. 

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Margaret actually turns up at quite a few of the away Reserve / formerly U20 games. Regardless of what people think of her decisions, her commitment and effort can't be questioned. She was like that long before she became Chair. The only other director I think I've ever seen at away second-string games was Ronnie Bateman. 

Well whoopy-doo for her. This doesn't make her any more of a fan than others - just means she had more disposable income and more spare time than most (a lawyer I believe, well there you go).  

She should only be judged on what she achieves for the club, until she becomes just a fan again.

Incidentally I wonder if she viewed any upcoming exciting young FFC prospects playing..........thought not.  

12 hours ago, Newmember said:

Margaret is a hard working Chair who makes no money from being in that position . but got the club at heart 

Its,a long road for Falkirk this season will Ray be able to turn it around only time will tell 

Alright so she puts in a lot of effort at being useless. That's okay then.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

How bad it is that we have a board who back managers and an excellent commercial department.  Unfortunately our best team since we went down landed in a perfect storm of a league with teams like hibs, rangers, hearts and Dundee united in the league. Football is a matter of judgement, clubs can be terribly run but have a good team or the other way round. Without hindsight tell me where the board went wrong? Sack Houston? 90% of fans were for this. Getting Hartley in? Again most were for this. Backing hartley's signings? In the summer after seeing the players he'd got in january, again fans were happy to let Hartley sign players.  Sacking Hartley? Again board acted swiftly and almost no-one would argue he had to go! I stood outside brockville shouting at the deans and Fulton but i'm not going to slag people for doing what people wanted done. Hopefully Ray can get the football side right and we move on and upwards, COYB. 

Your username and post are contradictory

How bad it is that we have a board who back managers and an excellent commercial department.  Unfortunately our best team since we went down landed in a perfect storm of a league with teams like hibs, rangers, hearts and Dundee united in the league. Football is a matter of judgement, clubs can be terribly run but have a good team or the other way round. Without hindsight tell me where the board went wrong? Sack Houston? 90% of fans were for this. Getting Hartley in? Again most were for this. Backing hartley's signings? In the summer after seeing the players he'd got in january, again fans were happy to let Hartley sign players.  Sacking Hartley? Again board acted swiftly and almost no-one would argue he had to go! I stood outside brockville shouting at the deans and Fulton but i'm not going to slag people for doing what people wanted done. Hopefully Ray can get the football side right and we move on and upwards, COYB. 

Agree for the most part but Craig Campbell is a w**k.

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Since we've been down the likes of st mirren,livi and Hamilton seem to have been able to get promoted despite this so called perfect storm you speak of and on budgets smaller than ours.  But then our bod try so that makes it all right that we've been stuck down here 10 years.

In all fairness in a lot of that i would have bit your right arm off for an appointment of Jack Ross as a manager he was always destined for bigger and better than any team in Scotland, but when you look back things were going well under Houston so why change what was working, the other is we got unlucky with the play offs Livi got Lucky thats what it came down to it took us a while to find our feet after relegation which is another factor not to mention the next level stuff Yogi and GC sold the board on which we paid the price for.  

If you look at the likes of Dundee Utd they are still finding their feet after their relegation, same with Inverness  theres no magic formula to getting promoted having a half decent team is a start but we went stale during Houstons tenure or the end at least and losing Vaulks and Leahy was a massive loss to us and replacing quality with the likes of Rankine and Harris was never going to end well we had to think out the box or do something different this whole season is all about ifs and buts we could have signed world beaters it was a gamble that may have worked just unfortunate it didn't pay off but no one can say we didn't try something different.

End of the day its life its about chances and as the old saying goes you miss 100 per cent of the chances you dont take.

Edited by AL-FFC

20 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

In all fairness in a lot of that i would have bit your right arm off for an appointment of Jack Ross as a manager he was always destined for bigger and better than any team in Scotland, but when you look back things were going well under Houston so why change what was working, the other is we got unlucky with the play offs Livi got Lucky thats what it came down to it took us a while to find our feet after relegation which is another factor not to mention the next level stuff Yogi and GC sold the board on which we paid the price for.  

If you look at the likes of Dundee Utd they are still finding their feet after their relegation, same with Inverness  theres no magic formula to getting promoted having a half decent team is a start but we went stale during Houstons tenure or the end at least and losing Vaulks and Leahy was a massive loss to us and replacing quality with the likes of Rankine and Harris was never going to end well we had to think out the box or do something different this whole season is all about ifs and buts we could have signed world beaters it was a gamble that may have worked just unfortunate it didn't pay off but no one can say we didn't try something different.

End of the day its life its about chances and as the old saying goes you miss 100 per cent of the chances you dont take.

How exactly have we been unlucky in the play-offs? We deservedly lost to Hamilton, were murdered by Kilmarnock and bottled it against a bang-average Dundee Utd team. Absolutely no bad luck involved on any of these occasions, we had the chance and did not take it. Just as Livingston didn't get lucky last season, they recruited well and played to their strengths in a style that the likes of us could not handle. Campbell and his ilk want Falkirk fans to believe that getting promotion is akin to rocket science, it isn't, as comprehensively proved by Livingston last season. You're in la-la land if you believe that nigh-on a decade in this division, and the likelihood of being in the third tier next season, is down to nothing more than a bit of misfortune or a bad break here and there. Deluded.

I admit I was happy with the Hartley appointment on the face of his track record with Alloa and Dundee.

However it seems the club’s due diligence on him was at best minimal or at worst negligent.

They then allowed a policy that the manager relied on a scout/agent they didn’t know to sign players the manager hadn’t seen. To put the club’s future in the hands of someone they didn’t know was unforgivable for me and those responsible for that should go.

I have no doubt they thought they were doing the right thing but it has turned into a shambles I don’t believe we will get out of this season.

I breaks my heart where we are. But I will be at Cappilow hoping for a miracle.

If the bod hadn't made such a can't of it when Hughes left we'd more than likely still be in the top flight. I obviously am not blaming lang and Campbell for that one but a lot of the clowns behind the may appointment are still hanging about like bad smells unfortunately.

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I admit I was happy with the Hartley appointment on the face of his track record with Alloa and Dundee.

However it seems the club’s due diligence on him was at best minimal or at worst negligent.

They then allowed a policy that the manager relied on a scout/agent they didn’t know to sign players the manager hadn’t seen. To put the club’s future in the hands of someone they didn’t know was unforgivable for me and those responsible for that should go.

I have no doubt they thought they were doing the right thing but it has turned into a shambles I don’t believe we will get out of this season.

I breaks my heart where we are. But I will be at Cappilow hoping for a miracle.

Also have to add the rumour that most players signed by this 'super scout' were 3/4th choice.

4 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Good post.

Just shows most clubs are 100% right to totally ignore the fans.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

How exactly have we been unlucky in the play-offs? We deservedly lost to Hamilton, were murdered by Kilmarnock and bottled it against a bang-average Dundee Utd team. Absolutely no bad luck involved on any of these occasions, we had the chance and did not take it. Just as Livingston didn't get lucky last season, they recruited well and played to their strengths in a style that the likes of us could not handle. Campbell and his ilk want Falkirk fans to believe that getting promotion is akin to rocket science, it isn't, as comprehensively proved by Livingston last season. You're in la-la land if you believe that nigh-on a decade in this division, and the likelihood of being in the third tier next season, is down to nothing more than a bit of misfortune or a bad break here and there. Deluded.

We were 90 minutes away from it at Killiei ts took us years to get over the next level pish from the Yogi era, look at Dundee Utd we got bad breaks of having sevco, hibs and hearts in the league at the same time so that accounts for 3 of the 10 years in this division.  Call it deluded if you want its seeing the reality of the situation i would be more pissed off if you could hit me with the argument we didnt make the play offs .  As i mentioned Houstie was going stale and we didnt replace the quality we lost, thats where the biggest issue was.  We took chances with trying to do things differently they backfired,

The same championship jobbers doing the rounds with the clubs wasnt paying off they tried something different  it didnt work.  As knee jerk said most of the decisions the board has made is decisions the fans would want we wanted Houston out we got it we wanted hartley in we got it, we wanted Hartley out we got it,  we wanted a different recruiting policy we got it. 

Easy to say smaller clubs have went up but other teams have went lower, raith, dunfermline, morton and ayr, livy were down, st mirren were close. Can't just say look at St Johnstone or livy going up so we must be rubbish, sack the board etc... We could also have gone lower like so many other teams. I'm sure the board could've done things different, better but that's a long way from the deans or Fulton eras. 

Easy to say smaller clubs have went up but other teams have went lower, raith, dunfermline, morton and ayr, livy were down, st mirren were close. Can't just say look at St Johnstone or livy going up so we must be rubbish, sack the board etc... We could also have gone lower like so many other teams. I'm sure the board could've done things different, better but that's a long way from the deans or Fulton eras. 

So let’s just accept mediocrity?

Not what I want for our club but hey ho everyone to their own.