The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

With the state your squad is in you’re in no position to be picky.

What an odd statement.

If we were "picky" in the 1st place we wouldn't have signed the 1st 16 players who showed up at Westfield with boots.

Now we are trying like f**k to chase them all out the fucking door.

What an odd statement.
If we were "picky" in the 1st place we wouldn't have signed the 1st 16 players who showed up at Westfield with boots.
Now we are trying like f**k to chase them all out the fucking door.

Not odd at all

Cardle is a clear improvement on what you already have. I’m not saying go and sign any old shite available but if a player like Cardle is available then he’s a player worth signing.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not odd at all

Cardle is a clear improvement on what you already have. I’m not saying go and sign any old shite available but if a player like Cardle is available then he’s a player worth signing.

Totally agree. Cardle would improve our squad. Right now I’ll take that certainty over the hope of an unknown (unless thoroughly scouted by McKinnon himself) 

Can't believe grown adults are seriously suggesting we shouldn't sign a player because of who his previous club happens to be. Football is just like any other job where people will work for whoever offers the most money. 

We certainly can't afford to be discounting players that would improve us for puerile reasons like that.

Edited by EdiBairn

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Given Cardles history he will need to be wonderful to get the fife haters on his side

What, you mean he might have the same torrid reception Ivo Den Biemen had when he single handedly sorted out Kevin Christie and the rest of the defence inside a fortnight?

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:
I wouldn't mind signing Cardle but the question I have is where would he fit into a 352 formation? Can he play centre mid?

Ray wont be making January signings with 352 in mind. We will be 4 at the back again IMO.

I thought that as well but his comments after the Dunfermline game on Dumbaya suggested different to me. Maybe I picked it up wrong.

Centre back incoming in January with any luck then. Harrison in a back four doesn't sound like it'll be much fun to watch. Assuming Dumbuya stays and plays at right back, we'd have McGhee, Muirhead, Harrison, Brough and Dallison to choose from for centre half, though surely to f**k Dallison will be binned come January. Will Muirhead be fit? 
It's too early to even be thinking of this sort of shite. 
Dumbuya short term deal to prove fitness and assess need for players for a 3 or a 4? The Dumbuya signing keeps the options open if Ray decides whether he can get guys for either system. Seems prudent to keep options open until Jan