The Falkirk FC Thread

When we played well last season, it was largely because Murdoch played well. When he was anonymous (which was quite often) we struggled.

I will remember him well for the first half against Hibs - he was everywhere in that 45 minutes. Shame to see him go.

Murdoch is a strange one. Since Pressley left, there's been a noticeable improvement in his game yet his performances before that were quite frankly fucking dreadful and at the time he certainly didn't merit a new deal. He's a loss, but I'm sure we can replace him with someone just as good if not better and more experienced. I can't see him being as big a loss as Mark Millar.

Any idea on what the compensation received was?

Yet another player to come though the ranks at Falkirk and get sold on for a fee, and as we've nicked a guy from your community programme to head ours up, I'm crossing my fingers that we'll begin to see the same things happen at Morton in the next few years.

Graeme Barrett was my boy. I signed up to this site to defend him when he was getting slated. Workhorse, and a passionate one at that. Does anyone else remember his late equaliser at Easter Road, a trundler to make it 1-1? Scenes.

Edited by Marshmallo

Graeme Barrett was my boy. I signed up to this site to defend him when he was getting slated. Workhorse, and a passionate one at that. Does anyone else remember his late equaliser at Easter Road, a trundler to make it 1-1? Scenes.

Agreed, a player of the old school who put everything into the 90 mins. On wikipedia it says he retired at 28, hopefully found another career quickly.

Was that the 2-7 shambles YIG?

Tardelli had nothing on GB celebration-wise as he scored his first goal after a year out. Riera scored a scorcher that day too.

It was indeed, one to remember! I distinctly remember Tam Scobbie having a howler that game.

Was that the 2-7 shambles YIG?

Tardelli had nothing on GB celebration-wise as he scored his first goal after a year out. Riera scored a scorcher that day too.

It was. Crazy start to that season. Beat Gretna 4-0 to top the league on day 1, took the lead against Celtic in game 2 but lost 4-1, then gave Rangers a great game at Ibrox before the bizarre late collapse.

Pre-Pressley Falkirk days were the best :(

It was. Crazy start to that season. Beat Gretna 4-0 to top the league on day 1, took the lead against Celtic in game 2 but lost 4-1, then gave Rangers a great game at Ibrox before the bizarre late collapse.

The same season we got beat 2-0 by Gretna at Fir Park in front of 40-50 Gretna fans. I took a mate along to that game and have never lived it down.

The same season we got beat 2-0 by Gretna at Fir Park in front of 40-50 Gretna fans. I took a mate along to that game and have never lived it down.

Stephen Bradley and Kevin McBride in central midfield if I remember correctly.

Posted Image

Anyone mind this game? Still remember celebrating this peach.

I watched this game in a rangers pub in Tenerife with my full falkirk strip on, socks and all, did it as a dare as most of my pals are rangers supporters. They all said I wouldn't do it, when I did they were like, 'shit, were going to have to stick up for this dick today'

Was the late collapse not due to Cregg being red carded, for a 50/50 challenge with Pedro Mendez, or am I thinking of another game?