The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Will next year be the first in our history Arbroath will be in a highter league than us?

Hell no,

I'm old enough to remember Arbroath (three seasons) AND Montrose (2 seasons) being at a higher level in the late 70s - they were both in Division 1 alongside the likes of East Fife (1 season), Stirling( 3 seasons) , Clyde (2 seasons) and Queen of the South (2 seasons) during Falkirks 3 year sabbatical to the Three Division set ups version of the seaside league.

Edited by drs

7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I agree, he is a decent manager, but one who has repeatedly failed to address the key flaw in his managerial style that in all honesty, was probably instilled into him by the conveyor belt down in Largs.

Once he had found his now infamous shitfest system with Hartley’s Disasteros, he just couldn’t let it go when he brought in near enough an entirely new team......he essentially just kept them playing the same way.......and he will keep it exactly the same way next week because I am not sure he trusts his players enough to do anything differently.

Agreed.... until your last sentence. 

I think Ray's a decent manager who's picked up some reasonable players and did extremely well in getting results previously with some dismal players, courtesy of Mr Hartley.

However, it's not enough.

There are nine other teams in this league. If you look at our last results against each of them, we've beaten only one. Ayr Utd. That's relegation form no matter how you dress it up.

We're picking up an average of a point a game and a goal a game. Again, that's not enough. Not when you're joint bottom of the league and clubs like Alloa and Partick are winning games. 

The safety first approach has failed. Our only chance of survival is to throw it out the window. Try something else. Play Rudden & Jarvis up front together,  or drop one of our two holding midfielders in AO and PP and try SL for creativity , or put Robson in to give us some width. I don't know.

I just know it needs to change. Because the league table tells us the current approach isn't working.

5 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think Ray's a decent manager who's picked up some reasonable players and did extremely well in getting results previously with some dismal players, courtesy of Mr Hartley.

There are nine other teams in this league. If you look at our last results against each of them, we've beaten only one. Ayr Utd. That's relegation form no matter how you dress it up.

We're picking up an average of a point a game and a goal a game. Again, that's not enough. Not when you're joint bottom of the league and clubs like Alloa and Partick are winning games. 

The safety first approach has failed. Our only chance of survival is to throw it out the window. Try something else. Play Rudden & Jarvis up front together,  or drop one of our two holding midfielders in AO and PP and try SL for creativity , or put Robson in to give us some width. I don't know.

I just know it needs to change. Because the league table tells us the current approach isn't working.

I fear he may settle for draws in the hope of avoiding 10th by a point. Perhaps he is hoping Alloa won’t win all there matches 

Exactly the attitude. If people can’t support us in League One, they can GTF if and when we go back up the leagues.

I take the point here and of course I’ll renew. However I have to be honest and say that I am quite numb re the whole fiasco so not hurting half as much as I have when we missed out in the promotion playoffs or the cup final etc. Why? Because the heart of my club has been ripped out in recent seasons with our ludicrous strategy of closing the academy, getting rid of our last remaining decent players and bringing in utter dross, many of which had little interest in the club, only themselves.
There’s a few decent players at the club just now but they are predominantly loan players who won’t be there when we go down.
Time for Lang and Campbell to do the decent thing and f**k off.
Yours sincerely.
Keyboard Warrior.

I take the point here and of course I’ll renew. However I have to be honest and say that I am quite numb re the whole fiasco so not hurting half as much as I have when we missed out in the promotion playoffs or the cup final etc. Why? Because the heart of my club has been ripped out in recent seasons with our ludicrous strategy of closing the academy, getting rid of our last remaining decent players and bringing in utter dross, many of which had little interest in the club, only themselves.
There’s a few decent players at the club just now but they are predominantly loan players who won’t be there when we go down.
Yours sincerely.
Keyboard Warrior.

Fair assessment from RB there.

We can all kid ourselves on about tactics and shape the reality McKinnon has recruited poorly when it comes to creative players in January.

We have won 2 games at home all season so winning our last two seems fantasy stuff. Of the two away games Tannadice is a graveyard for us and EEP is going to be so tough now. They will take great delight in ramming it up us next week.

We have to keep hoping though and stick with the side.

If we do go down as supporters we seriously need to get our act together. I think we should take a step back from the fan buyout if the worst happens. How many would throw more money at the people making the decisions? What is the club worth being in a lower league? How much is it going to lose? All we would be doing then is pump money in to fill holes that others have created and they will still be there to make the decisions.

Our situation now is no different to when we went down under AT and were saved by Airdrie. Same Major shareholders pulling the strings making bad calls. To think two seasons ago were 14 minutes from a play off with Hamilton to go up. Then they appoint ML and CC. Look where that has got us. Four games from league 1. Yet the major two shareholders think they are doing a great job.

I would like to see BtB to try and organise the fans now. When we know what league we are in make plans from there.

Troubling times, all of the clubs own making though so no one to blame but ourselves.

8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

......but you just agreed with my last sentence (I think). Other than not having belief that he has the players to go win games, the only other scenario is that he himself believes that his shitfest system is the way to go about it. That surely isn’t right.

He clung onto the “one defeat in twelve” mantra, and in truth, it was to deflect from the fact that we weren’t winning enough games, and we weren’t winning enough games because we weren’t scoring enough goals, and not because we were conceding too many.

The day we got to 8th was the first day he came under any form of pressure to keep us there, and he has faltered badly. There was a definite subtext to his interview yesterday where he was blaming the defence for conceding twice, and not his limited attack for only scoring once. My worry is that he isn’t open to any sort of change. Maybe he is right to think that way, but it’s fair to say that the league table says differently.

4 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

I still think we'll sneak out of this in 8th. Can see us going into the last two games needing 4 points and getting them. 

Not if we play 2 defensive midfielders and Rudden on his own up top we won't

We didn't lose that game yesterday due to a negative set up - we were far too open when he made the switch at half time and Alloa were the ones finding space in the last 20 minutes. 

The midfield has been a vacuum all season but yesterday was something else. Osman is a decent destroyer but I am sick to the back teeth of Paton just kicking it in the direction he's facing, or rolling it back to Dixon or McGhee to launch it into the channel to no one in particular. We strung a few purposeful passes together once and got to the bye line and it led to a goal. It's not a difficult league to get that right in. 

You can all point to 10 assists for Petravicius but anyone who watches our games will tell you he's shit. His touch is rotten, he doesn't know how to use his pace and there is no brain in his head. 

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Yours sincerely.
Keyboard Warrior.

I bored everyone senseless about the tragedy of closing the academy and was mostly shouted down by those who believed Lang, Campbell  & EdiBairn's much inflated costings which were so inaccurate they might as well have put them on the side of a bus. And of course we all know a youth academy can't possibly operate outside Project Brave so that was that and I've moved on.

The Brentford Model cast offs have come and gone and we are onto a new batch who ain't that great either. Whether this strategy is good or bad time will tell for us , we will have another crack at it in the Summer - but there is no doubt it has been poorly executed so far and there has been a massive amount of negligence from those at the top in regards to Harltey's  shenanigans & squad destruction.

Now is not the time to go over old ground , that should be after we hopefully stay up - then Falkirk fans should be united in their calls for Lang & Campbell to go - they are both toxic 

Yours truly

Keyboard Warrior of Genghis Kahn 

How do we see supporter numbers going if we go down? I think plenty will see it as a wee adventure and if we are winning every week it will be easy to foster a feelgood factor despite the shambles that got us there in the first place.

I might enjoy the #journey in the end, but atm I really just want it to be a vehicle for change at the club.

36 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I bored everyone senseless about the tragedy of closing the academy and was mostly shouted down by those who believed Lang, Campbell  & EdiBairn's much inflated costings which were so inaccurate they might as well have put them on the side of a bus. And of course we all know a youth academy can't possibly operate outside Project Brave so that was that and I've moved on.

The Brentford Model cast offs have come and gone and we are onto a new batch who ain't that great either. Whether this strategy is good or bad time will tell for us , we will have another crack at it in the Summer - but there is no doubt it has been poorly executed so far and there has been a massive amount of negligence from those at the top in regards to Harltey's  shenanigans & squad destruction.

Now is not the time to go over old ground , that should be after we hopefully stay up - then Falkirk fans should be united in their calls for Lang & Campbell to go - they are both toxic 

Yours truly

Keyboard Warrior of Genghis Kahn 

Just Lang & Campbell ? 

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We can all kid ourselves on about tactics and shape the reality McKinnon has recruited poorly when it comes to creative players in January.

We have won 2 games at home all season so winning our last two seems fantasy stuff. Of the two away games Tannadice is a graveyard for us and EEP is going to be so tough now. They will take great delight in ramming it up us next week.

We have to keep hoping though and stick with the side.

If we do go down as supporters we seriously need to get our act together. I think we should take a step back from the fan buyout if the worst happens. How many would throw more money at the people making the decisions? What is the club worth being in a lower league? How much is it going to lose? All we would be doing then is pump money in to fill holes that others have created and they will still be there to make the decisions.

Our situation now is no different to when we went down under AT and were saved by Airdrie. Same Major shareholders pulling the strings making bad calls. To think two seasons ago were 14 minutes from a play off with Hamilton to go up. Then they appoint ML and CC. Look where that has got us. Four games from league 1. Yet the major two shareholders think they are doing a great job.

I would like to see BtB to try and organise the fans now. When we know what league we are in make plans from there.

Troubling times, all of the clubs own making though so no one to blame but ourselves.

I think your right, if this fans share issue goes ahead, the funds should be held until we are in the Championship and not to get out Div 1. The cloth will need to be cut accordingly and we can’t continue to operate as though we are some major sized club in Div 1

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How do we see supporter numbers going if we go down? I think plenty will see it as a wee adventure and if we are winning every week it will be easy to foster a feelgood factor despite the shambles that got us there in the first place.

I might enjoy the #journey in the end, but atm I really just want it to be a vehicle for change at the club.

The away games are good but home games are brutal. Tiny away supports, teams time wasting from about 10 minutes in. Folk getting annoyed if you aren't a goal or two up after 20 minutes. 

Don't think you will go down though. Think the bottom two will be Alloa and Morton.