The Falkirk FC Thread

We have had clear outs. Nothing has improved. It’s more likely that it’s the wrong things that have been getting cleared out. We continually clear out the symptoms but as supporters, we can’t get near the root of the problem, so the same symptoms pop to the surface all over again.

A club stuck in this league for a decade, sitting bottom of the league, has won two games at home out of 17, yet still has an attendance well over 5,000.........something many clubs in this league can’t muster in 3 home games........and that’s after several “clear outs”.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

More to follow...

Thank Fock Ritchie has gone . He should be applauded for digging us out of a hole but his type was never going to be successful in Scottish fitba.His legacy was to oversee a stadium build that was about as well judged as his decision to invite a bunch of failed executives from politics law and similar who would go on to form various committees running the club into the ground as his interest waned.
Once the fruits of this strategy come to pass and we are relegated the dregs of his hangers on regime should save face and go back to being fans . I applaud Lang for trying Liddell for believing but it has been very obvious that none of them have what it takes to deliver us success on the park. Let’s hope The fans are involved in the new regime but only in the background ( no more committees please) as most of all we need a leader who knows football inside out and is daft enough to get involved just for the ride. As for the management mmm sad to say the players on the pitch are pretty obviously not fit for purpose we play zero football are totally negative and punt the ball aimlessly at every opportunity - anyone wanting more of the same must be nuts - I had hopes fir McKinnon but he has been a disappointment and should be punted. Who next is a difficult one but as long as our current MSG are not involved in the decision we have a chance to get it right.So in short get everyone to fcuk and start again COYB .

7 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

One bit of good news. Martin Ritchie has fucked off.

Where did this  come from? 

After seeing your post I asked the question at McDiarmid Park this afternoon. As far as club staff are aware, he's still here. 

Albeit I think it was announced previously that he was stepping down at the end of the season anyway. 

We have had clear outs. Nothing has improved. It’s more likely that it’s the wrong things that have been getting cleared out. We continually clear out the symptoms but as supporters, we can’t get near the root of the problem, so the same symptoms pop to the surface all over again.
A club stuck in this league for a decade, sitting bottom of the league, has won two games at home out of 17, yet still has an attendance well over 5,000.........something many clubs in this league can’t muster in 3 home games........and that’s after several “clear outs”.

I meant at board level/operations we should be clearing out. The playing clear out will happen anyway with only about 3 players signed up.

31 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

After seeing your post I asked the question at McDiarmid Park this afternoon. As far as club staff are aware, he's still here. 

Albeit I think it was announced previously that he was stepping down at the end of the season anyway. 

Any bright spots in the Reserves today?

They seem to be winning most of the time but maybe the opposition is poor.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Should maybe have a bounce game, with Ray's favourites, to see if they're worthy of playing on Saturday.

22 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
22 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are and it is completely self-inflicted.

We are a wrong move or two away from a banter years period IMO

Considering your usual standing in the game you're already in one. 

It takes some doing for a club of Falkirk's resources to go down without some financial reason like Administration but you might manage it. Mental. 

Considering your usual standing in the game you're already in one. 

It takes some doing for a club of Falkirk's resources to go down without some financial reason like Administration but you might manage it. Mental. 
No it doesnt. It takes years of absolute malaise from the top and them failing to recognise the requirements to remain competitive. Partick and yourselves being pretty gash this season too point to the fact that reasonable finances do not guarantee performance.

23 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

It's partly down to the quality of the opposition, particularly when you consider that players like O Hara & Kidd have shone in games such as today and the away wins at Hearts & Motherwell.   

Lavery is the one who gets the attention because he's scoring every week. There's a footballer in there and although he takes the wrong option sometimes I'd like to see him get a proper shot at the first team.

Doubt very much if McKinnon would consider him for this Saturday. I reckon he will go safety first yet again, and try to keep a point (or an against the run of play three points).

He will save rolling the attacking dice for the RC game, and hope a win can get us 9th.

He is 100% cut from the same cloth as Pressley.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Doubt very much if McKinnon would consider him for this Saturday. I reckon he will go safety first yet again, and try to keep a point (or an against the run of play three points).

He will save rolling the attacking dice for the RC game, and hope a win can get us 9th.

He is 100% cut from the same cloth as Pressley.

Largs coaching?

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Largs coaching?

I don’t know, but the similarities in management style point that way.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

A certain volunteer who works in the Boardroom on Saturday’s came into hospitality after the game to say Martin had said that was him gone. Since spoken to someone else who has had contact with him and Martin himself confirmed it to him.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Our team today was a selection of youngsters who've been told they'll be punted, Brian Easton, who hasn't played a senior game in 15 months, and Tony Watt, who's announced hes leaving us in the Summer and is unlikely to ever start a game for us again.

Dont know if that helps you.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

A certain volunteer who works in the Boardroom on Saturday’s came into hospitality after the game to say Martin had said that was him gone. Since spoken to someone else who has had contact with him and Martin himself confirmed it to him.

f**k sake, you’d be as well saying the name.

Great news if true. Time for the drastic change we need.