The Falkirk FC Thread

Doubt very much if McKinnon would consider him for this Saturday. I reckon he will go safety first yet again, and try to keep a point (or an against the run of play three points).
He will save rolling the attacking dice for the RC game, and hope a win can get us 9th.
He is 100% cut from the same cloth as Pressley.

Sorry but with respect that is utter shite. Pressley’s side never resorted to hoof ball like this guy has. Farid side was a great watch and the Lyle Taylor side was decent when it got going.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry but with respect that is utter shite. Pressley’s side never resorted to hoof ball like this guy has. Farid side was a great watch and the Lyle Taylor side was decent when it got going.

We certainly never looked like getting fucking relegated anyway, that’s for sure.

Just now, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Well, that's one down, if true. How many to go? 

Single largest shareholder IIRC. Depends on what’s meant by ‘done’.  Hopefully he wants to exit entirely, or at a minimum proxy his shares permanently to fans body. It’s the least he can do after what he’s subjected us to. 

Stay up or go down, clear out needed all the same. Enough is enough.

Id we are to go down I’d rather it was confirmed sooner rather than later (ie no play off heartbreak).

Start from the top and work their way down.

The only way McKinnon won’t be here next season is if he decides to walk away himself.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He is 100% cut from the same cloth as Pressley.

I would disagree with this. Pressley was all about passing in pretty triangles, whereas Ray seems more lump it forward and chase.  

I still don't understand how we can play 4 3 3 and still end up 1 man up front and over run in midfield.  That takes a special kind of talent. 

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 23:04, Boaby The Bairn said:

You’re a clean pile of shite and I assume you know are - folk willing coming onto another clubs thread to talk about their diddy grievances. Wee bit tragic.

Not as tragic as the words in  your reply. I am a football fan .  It wasn't a diddy grievance. I was lucky not to be seriously injured.

JB.

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Stay up or go down, clear out needed all the same. Enough is enough.

If it was a choice (it clearly isn’t) would you accept relegation as a trade off to change the board / structure or choose to stay up but have to keep things the way they are? 

On 4/21/2019 at 13:21, Stainrod said:

Where have you been it’s been like that since bosman especially in Scotland where every player is a Loan or even signed is very temporary.

it's gotten worse, these last 2 teams have been filled with loaners and short term contracts and look where it's gotten us. I know houston's term didn't end well, but at least with a more settled and invested team we challenged for promotion........and just as importantly for me, played exciting, attractive football. We need to get back to that.

54 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

A certain volunteer who works in the Boardroom on Saturday’s came into hospitality after the game to say Martin had said that was him gone. Since spoken to someone else who has had contact with him and Martin himself confirmed it to him.

Fair enough.

When I read your post I initially thought the timing was a bit strange with only one home game to go.

Now that I think about it though, it makes sense.

The atmosphere towards the board might be just a teensy bit hostile at the Ross County game, so he may have decided to skip that one and say his goodbyes on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Team built in a different way. The only caveat for McKinnon was the January rush job.  In terms of obsessing about how to negate the opposition, in terms of the primary message being “we start with a point, let’s keep it”, they are identical. Both utterly obsessed about the opposition “qualities”.

Pressley lucked in by having Farid handed to him on a plate......he wasn’t discovered by Pressley. Vaulks was pretty much the same.

If there is a difference (and I am not sure there is), Pressley could spot a player, but wasn’t too good at building a team. McKinnon probably can’t spot a player as other than McKenna (if only for a few games) and Burgoyne no one he has brought in has occupied the “unexpectedly good” category. His team building seems to be none too clever either.

Pressley has pretty much failed everywhere he has gone. I think that will be another similarity they share.

If it was a choice (it clearly isn’t) would you accept relegation as a trade off to change the board / structure or choose to stay up but have to keep things the way they are? 

Easy. Get us down and clear everyone the f**k out. Laing, Campbell, the board, McKinnon.

The decisions made have took the club backwards not forwards we need to start from scratch rebuilding a team and get some continuity, pretty sure on the news part with the fan ownership didnt they say they have been approached for someone wanting to invest in the club ?

Team built in a different way. The only caveat for McKinnon was the January rush job.  In terms of obsessing about how to negate the opposition, in terms of the primary message being “we start with a point, let’s keep it”, they are identical. Both utterly obsessed about the opposition “qualities”.
Pressley lucked in by having Farid handed to him on a plate......he wasn’t discovered by Pressley. Vaulks was pretty much the same.
If there is a difference (and I am not sure there is), Pressley could spot a player, but wasn’t too good at building a team. McKinnon probably can’t spot a player as other than McKenna (if only for a few games) and Burgoyne no one he has brought in has occupied the “unexpectedly good” category. His team building seems to be none too clever either.
Pressley has pretty much failed everywhere he has gone. I think that will be another similarity they share.

Presley’s team had, McGovern, Millar, Duffie, Farid, Sibbald, McGrandles, Fulton, Weatherston and Alston, now Look at the shite we have to put up with.

If we can clear these c***s out and get the fan ownership moving again we would surely have the budget to hose the seaside league.

If we cant clear these c***s out and their focus over summer and next season is cutting and running then we will languish there.

Emptying Lang, Campbell and those who are fucking the fans ownership scheme about is surely crucial.

The fans arent going to be there while the supposed figureheads are in place. Too much damage already, too much potential for more. At this moment Championship football with a board looking to accept any offer that they can get could be worse tjan going down

If any MSG members happen to read this (I’m sure at least some read it) then please , if you really care about the club then do the right thing and immediately jettison Lang and Campbell. Then out in place process which allows us to move on.

I appreciate this is not what anyone  wanted, and I am sure you tried your best. However it is clear now that your ‘stewardship’ of our club has took us to a new low. Stand aside and let some new people and ideas in. You’ve little left to protect if the fans walk away and we’re all fed up of the incompetence and won’t be back till major changes are made.

Edited by BountyBairn

If we can clear these c***s out and get the fan ownership moving again we would surely have the budget to hose the seaside league.

If we cant clear these c***s out and their focus over summer and next season is cutting and running then we will languish there.

Emptying Lang, Campbell and those who are fucking the fans ownership scheme about is surely crucial.

The fans arent going to be there while the supposed figureheads are in place. Too much damage already, too much potential for more. At this moment Championship football with a board looking to accept any offer that they can get could be worse tjan going down

I’m not sure I’m keen to invest now until we are back playing in the Championship. We ought to be able to pull together a budget adequate to achieve promotion from League 1, although I am not underrating the abilities of some of the teams that may also be challenging at the top of the division.
Really the objective of the exercise was to deliver a promotion push. However it wasn’t from League 1 to Championship....