The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry, but I've already got one. He might be 85 but he still covered three signings, the strip photoshoot and a job for Commercial while I've been away. He even got his picture on P&B! 

85...hahahaha…..and still better looking than you:P:P ETA That job does age you to be fair and I do feel like 85 at times.

Edited by 60`s bairn

2 hours ago, MetalWolf said:

I am not sure it quite contradicts itself, although I get your reading of it.  I think they've handed an increased number but its not been spent and therefore no additional money has been required yet.

It could read as contracts have been agreed in principle with players or its a bullshit we look good story for the board.

All I can say about the statement is that I shook my head less after reading it than the previous ones

Sorry, but I've already got one. He might be 85 but he still covered three signings, the strip photoshoot and a job for Commercial while I've been away. He even got his picture on P&B! 

Hold on!!, youve seen new strips already?
Please tell me it a real Falkirk strip this year with white shorts and red in there somewhere

I was surprised when you posted that a number of weeks back so I asked KK about it. 
He strongly denied it. He said he had nothing whatsoever against the fans bid and hadn't done anything  to stall or negate it. 
He could be lying of course, but I'm inclined to believe him. It just doesn't fit with how I'd expect him to behave. 
I don't know how well you know him, but he's very much the stereotype of the target-driven salesman. He push, push pushes to sell, sell sell. And he's good at it, as well as being quite creative in some of his ideas. (cue hot tub jokes) I've never seen him let personal feelings get in the way of doing a deal if it brings in money to his budget. As an example, I know someone who used to slaughter him relentlessly when he first started work at FFC but it didn't stop KK selling sponsorship to the guy. Who now seems to have changed his tune about him, as the person is a regular poster on P&B.  
So I'd be surprised if he had a personal issue with the leaders of the fan consortium, which you previously hinted at. 
KJ served on the old Voluntary Management Committee which AT was in charge of, so it's possible those two butted heads then. (though that's pure speculation on my part) However, that was long before KK arrived on the scene. I doubt he or anyone else would have an issue with DW, who's the kind of sensible, stable, inoffensive and boring person you would expect an ex bank manager to be. (Sorry David. [emoji14]) 
At the end of the day KK is a salesman who wants what makes his customers happy. Because happy customers spend money. I just don't see him doing anything to derail the fans bid as it's not in his interests. 
Sorry Bairnado. I think you're wrong on this one. 

Fair enough bro as I said before I dont know any of them or anyone at the club. Will post more on it tomorrow

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

When? Which ones? How much?

Come on BPM , you should know EdiBairn's shit-talk by now. He makes these daft statements and when challenged for the evidence to back them up he completely ignores you.

That's why no one takes him seriously.

Bring back EdiBrain , he had more credibility 

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was surprised when you posted that a number of weeks back so I asked KK about it. 

He strongly denied it. He said he had nothing whatsoever against the fans bid and hadn't done anything  to stall or negate it. 

He could be lying of course, but I'm inclined to believe him. It just doesn't fit with how I'd expect him to behave. 

I don't know how well you know him, but he's very much the stereotype of the target-driven salesman. He push, push pushes to sell, sell sell. And he's good at it, as well as being quite creative in some of his ideas. (cue hot tub jokes) I've never seen him let personal feelings get in the way of doing a deal if it brings in money to his budget. As an example, I know someone who used to slaughter him relentlessly when he first started work at FFC but it didn't stop KK selling sponsorship to the guy. Who now seems to have changed his tune about him, as the person is a regular poster on P&B.  

So I'd be surprised if he had a personal issue with the leaders of the fan consortium, which you previously hinted at. 

KJ served on the old Voluntary Management Committee which AT was in charge of, so it's possible those two butted heads then. (though that's pure speculation on my part) However, that was long before KK arrived on the scene. I doubt he or anyone else would have an issue with DW, who's the kind of sensible, stable, inoffensive and boring person you would expect an ex bank manager to be. (Sorry David. :P

At the end of the day KK is a salesman who wants what makes his customers happy. Because happy customers spend money. I just don't see him doing anything to derail the fans bid as it's not in his interests. 

Sorry Bairnado. I think you're wrong on this one. 

Ok BB, didnt have much time for a reply lastnight. 

You could well be correct. I might have this wrong. As I said at the time I posted all of that stuff before, I am a nobody.  No one at the club knows me and I dont know them. However, the information posted by me then and subsequently was given to me by someone who has been right abput enough other stuff for me to have made a choice to trust them. 

They also told me they werent in a position to come on a fans forum guns blazing posting it themselves so I said I would do it. I did make everyone aware of that IIRC but if not then I take this chance to reiterate. 

You make your choice as to what bits if any you believe same as I did. But I know this much. The fans deal has been hamstrung and ultimatley pushed out at every turn. Someone is to blame for that and I wont have that it is Andy Thomson alone. He would have needed help. That help at one point or another came from KK I believe in helping stall and and place another fiery hoop in front of DW and KJ. 

Thats just what I believe from what I have been told. 

In a broader sense, he is one of the board and good salesman or not, he is part of the current state of the club, he is part of a board who has put out nuerous statements which attack us as fans of the club. None of them are guilt free in that and the racism statement, the failure to apologise for.... well anything, and Ritchies statement last week would all, in isolation, be enough for me to turn on a board. He is part of a despicable group of people and if the things I have posted here arent true, I still wont absolve him of the sins of the group because he is good at selling sponsorship. 

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

We are now in the position where we will have to sign c.10 players in a short space of time.

The players won’t have time to bond on or off the pitch.

Have we not learned from this ? It rarely works for teams.

Aye the players would all be bonding with each other on their holidays right enough :lol:

Still another week until they are due back, we will see an influx next week!

Edited by Ecosse83

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This type of multiple player influx worries me.

I wish I shared your confidence in it mate.

in fairness though, most of the players will have played with each other at one or other of McKinnons previous clubs.  I really wouldn't be surprised if the CB we're closing in on is edge.

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This type of multiple player influx worries me.

I wish I shared your confidence in it mate.

I do agree that we need to start having a settled squad again with 3 or 4 signings each season. 

I reckon we will have quite a few signings next week in time for the players starting back. 

This time next week things will look very different.

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

I do agree that we need to start having a settled squad again with 3 or 4 signings each season. 

I reckon we will have quite a few signings next week in time for the players starting back. 

This time next week things will look very different.

Well hopefully we sign some good players for the level we are at.

I am hopeful we are out of this league at first attempt.

33 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

in fairness though, most of the players will have played with each other at one or other of McKinnons previous clubs.  I really wouldn't be surprised if the CB we're closing in on is edge.

Close but no cigar.

I would be. His wage at United was huge & we were only paying a % of it for a few months.

Heard it’s Durnan as well. Not best pleased with that.
I think he should be ok in League 1, but theres just something about him. Iv never wanted him at us. Ever. Cant neccesarily explain why.

Is it his face? Someone post a pic of his face

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I think he should be ok in League 1, but theres just something about him. Iv never wanted him at us. Ever. Cant neccesarily explain why.

Is it his face? Someone post a pic of his face

Agreed. If it’s a one year deal for league one I’ll be happy with it though.