The Falkirk FC Thread

They already have ‘donated’ significant sums to the club. In any case, the new owners will be injecting major sums that will cover any spending required.

When? Which ones? How much?

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

They already have ‘donated’ significant sums to the club. In any case, the new owners will be injecting major sums that will cover any spending required.

Why the f**k did you put inverted commas around donated? Is it because nothing was donated at all? You really need to gtf with your slavering.

10 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

The leadership and unfounded accusations from this board has been disastrous.

I’m amazed some signings and a statement saying they are putting money in to cover the mess they caused has some supporters fawning forgiveness.

Paul Hartley has nothing to do with it, does he?

Paul Hartley has nothing to do with it, does he?
Quote everyone who has said anything even close to that.

Dont infect my retina with any more of your fucking mewling pish till you have cited where anyone has said Hartley had nothing to do with it you desperate little apologist creep.

Also, BPMs request for details of donations is so far unanswered. You can crack on with that too.

there are numerous points in that statement that dont sit right, especially the potential gap and if required parts

In order to secure the signings of key players, the manager requested that his budget be increased beyond the amount generated in the break-even plan for next season. While it is expected that this increase in funds will come from the new buyer, to bridge any potential gap, major shareholders and directors have committed to put up the additional money if required. This means that the manager does not need to hold back on his plans until an ownership deal is concluded.

The bits underline kind of contradict each other bit

The worst bit of it is the way he ended it like the statement on the 4th never existed and everything is rosy in the garden.

I honestly don’t know if you are just constantly on the wind up, no-one can seriously believe what you post, including yourself?
I used to wonder myself but his shtick has never really deviated, and his position as a board apologist posting on here fits in with actual members of the board posting anonymously on here and monitoring the boards. He very likely knows one or some of them. They are unashamed.

That right Maggie?

Aye, we know its right.

Why would anyone buy the investment bit? They have cash left over from last season, they will have some ST cash and sponsorship cash coming in. When the season starts they will get cash in from PATG plus league cash. Cash at football clubs tends not to run low until November. If by then they don’t have a buyer then they will have to put cash in but you would hope by then if they are seriously going to sell it will be done way before the cash runs out.

The investment bit for me therefore another tactic to paint themselves as great guys and have people buy ST’s

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why would anyone buy the investment bit? They have cash left over from last season, they will have some ST cash and sponsorship cash coming in. When the season starts they will get cash in from PATG plus league cash. Cash at football clubs tends not to run low until November. If by then they don’t have a buyer then they will have to put cash in but you would hope by then if they are seriously going to sell it will be done way before the cash runs out.

The investment bit for me therefore another tactic to paint themselves as great guys and have people buy ST’s

Bit that sticks out to me is if they have made additional funds available past the break even point and then says to bridge any potential gap then the MSG have commited to put in more money if required if your going past your break even point then its pretty much a given your going to have to put more money in and in all honesty if they didnt f**k things if so much we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place.

Its at a time like this we actually needed the Academy but thanks to CC thats gone again argue over pros and cons of it but this is one time it was a pro to the club.

55 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

there are numerous points in that statement that dont sit right, especially the potential gap and if required parts

In order to secure the signings of key players, the manager requested that his budget be increased beyond the amount generated in the break-even plan for next season. While it is expected that this increase in funds will come from the new buyer, to bridge any potential gap, major shareholders and directors have committed to put up the additional money if required. This means that the manager does not need to hold back on his plans until an ownership deal is concluded.

The bits underline kind of contradict each other bit

The worst bit of it is the way he ended it like the statement on the 4th never existed and everything is rosy in the garden.

I am not sure it quite contradicts itself, although I get your reading of it.  I think they've handed an increased number but its not been spent and therefore no additional money has been required yet.

29 minutes ago, MetalWolf said:

I am not sure it quite contradicts itself, although I get your reading of it.  I think they've handed an increased number but its not been spent and therefore no additional money has been required yet.

Ooft, manager gets you spunked out of various cups by dross, gets you relegated to a Diddy league then has the temerity to ask for more money to buy himself out of said Diddy league. And your board agree.!! No wonder you are a laughing stock, punt the wee charlatan. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Well the information I was given was that he and Andy Thomson were the ones who facilitated the stalling of Kenny and Davids bid and went soliciting new ones.

Allied to that, he is one of them so he is fully complicit should the outcome be that the fans bid(s) fail and we end up owned by some random foreign consortium. Whilst that may work out well short term, these people will obviously not have their interests aligned with ours.

So aye, Koszary can gtf too. Dont give a f**k how many Hippolyte Haggis suppers got sold, he is one of them .

I was surprised when you posted that a number of weeks back so I asked KK about it. 

He strongly denied it. He said he had nothing whatsoever against the fans bid and hadn't done anything  to stall or negate it. 

He could be lying of course, but I'm inclined to believe him. It just doesn't fit with how I'd expect him to behave. 

I don't know how well you know him, but he's very much the stereotype of the target-driven salesman. He push, push pushes to sell, sell sell. And he's good at it, as well as being quite creative in some of his ideas. (cue hot tub jokes) I've never seen him let personal feelings get in the way of doing a deal if it brings in money to his budget. As an example, I know someone who used to slaughter him relentlessly when he first started work at FFC but it didn't stop KK selling sponsorship to the guy. Who now seems to have changed his tune about him, as the person is a regular poster on P&B.  

So I'd be surprised if he had a personal issue with the leaders of the fan consortium, which you previously hinted at. 

KJ served on the old Voluntary Management Committee which AT was in charge of, so it's possible those two butted heads then. (though that's pure speculation on my part) However, that was long before KK arrived on the scene. I doubt he or anyone else would have an issue with DW, who's the kind of sensible, stable, inoffensive and boring person you would expect an ex bank manager to be. (Sorry David. :P

At the end of the day KK is a salesman who wants what makes his customers happy. Because happy customers spend money. I just don't see him doing anything to derail the fans bid as it's not in his interests. 

Sorry Bairnado. I think you're wrong on this one. 

3 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Ooft, manager gets you spunked out of various cups by dross, gets you relegated to a Diddy league then has the temerity to ask for more money to buy himself out of said Diddy league. And your board agree.!! No wonder you are a laughing stock, punt the wee charlatan. 

The new owners whoever they may be might decide they don't want him and he gets punted anyway. We don't have much choice but to let him sign players as it stands given we hardly have a team. McKinnon isn't my favourite martian but we are stuck with him for now. 

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was surprised when you posted that a number of weeks back so I asked KK about it. 

He strongly denied it. He said he had nothing whatsoever against the fans bid and hadn't done anything  to stall or negate it. 

He could be lying of course, but I'm inclined to believe him. It just doesn't fit with how I'd expect him to behave. 

I don't know how well you know him, but he's very much the stereotype of the target-driven salesman. He push, push pushes to sell, sell sell. And he's good at it, as well as being quite creative in some of his ideas. (cue hot tub jokes) I've never seen him let personal feelings get in the way of doing a deal if it brings in money to his budget. As an example, I know someone who used to slaughter him relentlessly when he first started work at FFC but it didn't stop KK selling sponsorship to the guy. Who now seems to have changed his tune about him, as the person is a regular poster on P&B.  

So I'd be surprised if he had a personal issue with the leaders of the fan consortium, which you previously hinted at. 

KJ served on the old Voluntary Management Committee which AT was in charge of, so it's possible those two butted heads then. (though that's pure speculation on my part) However, that was long before KK arrived on the scene. I doubt he or anyone else would have an issue with DW, who's the kind of sensible, stable, inoffensive and boring person you would expect an ex bank manager to be. (Sorry David. :P

At the end of the day KK is a salesman who wants what makes his customers happy. Because happy customers spend money. I just don't see him doing anything to derail the fans bid as it's not in his interests. 

Sorry Bairnado. I think you're wrong on this one. 

Oh dear a fair bit of ‘reveal’ in there...nice try with the ‘they might have butted heads then’ remark. About as thinly veiled as it comes.

KJ and DW are well Kent faces, and have more than just a passing awareness of the board, and staff at the club. They’ve been around for years trying to help, and of course DW was employed by the club not so long ago. 

Running a football club you care about is an emotional vocation. Some even put themselves through the pain without getting anything back. We mustn’t doubt anyone’s intentions - I believe truly they are all well placed. But the issue here is one of competence. For this reason alone the board must do their final duty and hand over the reigns to the entity which is best placed to take us forward. I don’t doubt for a second they’d make the wrong choice consciously, but I do fear that they make the wrong call through poor decisions making. Let’s face it, there is plenty evidence to support doubt over their capability there. 

Edited by BountyBairn

2 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

Assuming we will be bringing in bodies at the weekend? Otherwise we are gonna end up with a Houston type announcement next week with like 6 players at the same time.

Nobody coming in at the weekend. Though you'll undoubtedly see further activity before the players return for pre-season on Thursday. 

Oh, and "6 players at the same time" has already been done. We signed 7 players on the day the transfer window opened in January, albeit a few of them weren't announced until the following day until the "I"s were dotted and the "T"s crossed. 

2 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Love it when [mention=54598]Bainsfordbairn[/mention] comes flying out with insider knowledge. You looking for an apprentice photographer?

Sorry, but I've already got one. He might be 85 but he still covered three signings, the strip photoshoot and a job for Commercial while I've been away. He even got his picture on P&B!