The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hindsight is a great thing. After the cup final it was obvious Alston , Vaulks and Sibbald would be on other teams radar. They were the best balanced midfield we have had for years.  Some players needed to be moved on for various reason, so there was a bit of a rebuild required of the squad.  It never happened, was it Houston getting it wrong or did he not get the funds. Had a lot of time for Housty as a player and he gave us some exciting times as a manager. It's a shame it ended the way it did for him.  Whatever the reason it was then the seeds of our current predicament were planted. 

Probably a mixture of both. More investment was required to replace Vaulks and Alston for starters but then Houston pished the money he did get down the proverbial drain on dross like Craigen, Rankin and the following year Harris. There's also no evidence that Houston would've done any better even if he was given more cash going by his dreadful recruitment record whilst at the club.  He was good with other managers signings but hopeless at finding his own players.

When Margaret Lang was asked about the racist slur at the AGM she stated she couldn't comment further as just that day they were informed that ' police investigations were continuing' . That was either a monumental coincidence or a downright lie. I know what I believe. Lets not let them forget this. 

13 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

My memory isn't the greatest but I don't think lewis made the claim he was racially abused, I think he was told of the allegation later on. He certainly didn't mention it in the post match interview. I'll slag the guy off as a footballer (more the manager's fault for throwing him and the rest into a league they weren't good enough for) but it wasn't him that made the claim there was racist abuse. The guy has had enough non-racist abuse without making out he made up or outright lied about the racist abuse, wasn't his fault the board put out that statement that's still being used to slander (or libel, can't mind which is which) falkirk fans! 

Well, my memory's not the best either, in fact it's crap so I apologise if he didn't mention it in the interview although I genuinely thought that he had. He did make the allegation however which I see was passed on by his brother. Seems a bit dodgy to me that his brother was the only person in the stadium that heard anything though!

10 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, my memory's not the best either, in fact it's crap so I apologise if he didn't mention it in the interview although I genuinely thought that he had. He did make the allegation however which I see was passed on by his brother. Seems a bit dodgy to me that his brother was the only person in the stadium that heard anything though!

Here he is, just doesn't stop talking about the hurtful and damaging racist abuse that drove him out of the game and haunts him to this day

You can look at it a couple of ways i suppose shouting "you're shite" or "f**k off to the lower leagues  lewis" can be said yes its abuse is it due to his colour no but the fact he was singled out in a team of shite players was what probably made them think it was racist if you get what i mean.

15 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You can look at it a couple of ways i suppose shouting "you're shite" or "f**k off to the lower leagues  lewis" can be said yes its abuse is it due to his colour no but the fact he was singled out in a team of shite players was what probably made them think it was racist if you get what i mean.

I can't believe that out of all the players involved in that dreadful performance the person in question only gave one of them Lewis abuse that day though.  Was it not just the fact this clown misheard "f**k off back to the lower leagues" as having an added l in the 3rd word? 

9 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

He didn't hear anything during the match. It was only after he met up with his family member (brother) who claimed to have heard it from people around him in the stand that the whole thing came to light. Lewis complained to the club and the club immediately released this statement -

This was before a police investigation which found one fan, one single fan, had been giving Lennon pelters but it was swearing and insults, not racist abuse. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46510687

There was no racist abuse.

Insufficient evidence to prove something does not mean it didn’t happen. I think on balance of probabilities it didn’t, but insufficient evidence isn’t proof of that.

Edited by HibsFan

Insufficient evidence to prove something does not mean it didn’t happen. I think on balance of probabilities it didn’t, but insufficient evidence isn’t proof of that.

Aye, in other words an alleged criminal act would not get anywhere near a courtroom as there is no case to answer.
Or in other words, nothing to see here.....

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

To phrase it another way, an accusation has been found to be without merit. 

Or indeed, evidence of any sort.  It used to be a principle that someone was innocent until proven otherwise, but so ma y people have now been conditioned to immediately castigated the accused that anyone taking a second to step back ad wait for the evidence is somehow an apologist. 

12 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ex Bairns favourite (cough!) Jack Compton starts his quest for Europa League glory tonight with Barry Town.
What an infuriating player he was.

The Welsh Phil Roberts.

Speaking of Roberts 😂

https://web.archive.org/web/20140414142543/http://www.alloaadvertiser.com/sport/roundup/articles/2014/03/25/492818-alloa-hero-michael-doyle-sympathises-with-falkirk-hot-head-phil-roberts-after-30-win/

Edited by GaryDoug

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Is wee Dennon in the House yet? Quite fancy watching someone on an absolute Tap in for their hole only for him to come and shepherd it right out of play. Wev all been marked out the game before.....

bets the abuse story comes out for the sympathy hump

I see there will be no signing rumours on Tuesday, 2nd July. As Benny T's will be closed on the day of Mr Benny T's funeral (He passed away on Monday).

May there be many more rumours to come, in his memory. RIP Benny.