The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

How has Sammut managed to get himself a gig for probably the best team in league 1. Wasn't even signs of him being good enough at our level.

Signed for their u23 team. Probably just going off his Chelsea pedigree and won't ever get a sniff at the first team.

12 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Sevco in the Third Division would be a good example of this, always struggled on the tight pitches but seemed to win at Ibrox, Broadwood and Hampden convincingly. The tight pitches were a big reality check for their players who weren't used to such conditions (even bog standard changing rooms etc came into it too).

Falkirk should and probably will win this division, but as a few of you have rightly pointed out, they won't do it just by turning up.

Looking forward to the games against you anyway, been ages since we've had a half decent away support in the league at Broadwood. Whats the script with away fans at TFS this season? I'd like to think we would bring enough to get given behind the goal but most other mobs in this league will only bring 2 men and a dug which won't require it.

I'm not sure on the exact figure but if you bring more than 300ish then I would expect you to be housed behind the goals. Smaller supports are normally in the north end of the main stand. I'm guessing Raith, Clyde and Airdrie will all be given the north stand. Someone like BairnsfordBairn may be able to give the away figure at which the main stand can allow for before the north stand is required.

Edited by wee_bairn

I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of the players we have signed so far, given we are in a bucket and spade league.  Of course we cannot expect to walk the league but the players we have will at least give us a chance of getting back up.   But after the last few seasons  who knows what's going to happen?

I hope

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Would be very happy with Sammon signing. Not the most prolific but would expect double figures from him. 

If we play 4231 then Sammon's style of play would bring the 3 into play a lot and would expect around 10 goals from a few of them in this league. 

Sign Sammon, Denny Johnston and a younger one on loan and that would do us for up top in my opinion. 

McKinnon has already said that we will be going with a small squad and cannot afford to take any gambles. On that basis, we should not be going anywhere near Johnston. He has not played for a year. Absolutely no room for any passengers this season.

Anyway, it would be by far McKinnons biggest f**k up if it transpires that we turn up in this league with the idea that we will pish it or that we dont deserve to be here. Unforgivable. 
I am not sure where people are getting the idea that us as fans or players think it will be a skoosh though. I dont think you will find a lack of respect for the opposition from fans.

I don’t think McKinnon or this set of players (who are pretty experienced) will think that at all.

Should we be winning this league with the resources, budget etc? Absolutely. Will we? If all of the above clicks into place and we take each game as seriously as the last.

A winning habit is hard to break so it’s really important we get off to a good start in the league. Not overly fussed about the Bet Fred Cup however we saw last year how much of a confidence impact it can have on the players/fans so would hope we avoid a trousering by anyone and try and get a couple of wins at least.

I don’t think McKinnon or this set of players (who are pretty experienced) will think that at all.

Should we be winning this league with the resources, budget etc? Absolutely. Will we? If all of the above clicks into place and we take each game as seriously as the last.

A winning habit is hard to break so it’s really important we get off to a good start in the league. Not overly fussed about the Bet Fred Cup however we saw last year how much of a confidence impact it can have on the players/fans so would hope we avoid a trousering by anyone and try and get a couple of wins at least.
I think you are right. I dont think anyone is taking anything for granted.

At the same time as I want us to respect the opposition as always, I want us to be going for it. Theres no good reason why we shouldnt and its factors like budget, players we have, and not any sort of arrogance that makes me say that.

Theres obviously some pieces left to fit together but if we dont go for wins right from the off its poor management for me.

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not posting in support of this guy.

I'm pretty sure that if I was a Falkirk fan, I'd not be on the side of anyone who can be characterised as a board apologist.

I'm just not particularly impressed that certain posters can say really innocuous things and still be attacked, because people don't like them.  I genuinely don't mind trolling types on our thread.  VT for instance, is usually pretty entertaining.

That's the point though. He's not liked because he's been posting the same sort of shite since he started maybe a year or so ago? It may look and sound innocuous to an outsider in isolation but it's not. It's designed to hit the same nerve every time and, to be fair to him as a troll, he's good at it. Many posters who know what he's up to now simply respond with a 'f**k off' rather than offer any kind of reasoned response because they know they would be wasting their time.

Can't agree about VT being entertaining though. I feel that he's a self-important individual who gets some sort of weird gratification by responding in the way that he does and it doesn't sit very well with me. Even when trying to agree or offer any reasonable debate he still tries to twist his his wee knife.

That's the point though. He's not liked because he's been posting the same sort of shite since he started maybe a year or so ago? It may look and sound innocuous to an outsider in isolation but it's not. It's designed to hit the same nerve every time and, to be fair to him as a troll, he's good at it. Many posters who know what he's up to now simply respond with a 'f**k off' rather than offer any kind of reasoned response because they know they would be wasting their time.
Can't agree about VT being entertaining though. I feel that he's a self-important individual who gets some sort of weird gratification by responding in the way that he does and it doesn't sit very well with me. Even when trying to agree or offer any reasonable debate he still tries to twist his his wee knife.
VT is a tedious arsehole whos act got tired a long time ago and it turns out its the only patter he has.

He also saved and repeatedly posted a photo of a visibly upset young girl on a football forum because she supports a football team.

Creepy loser.

Dream Loan Signing List(Ray take notes)

Harry Paton -Ross County, proven at this level and dominated us in the game against Stenny last year.

Daniel Armstrong -Ross County, he'll struggle for games this season.

Euan Henderson -Celtic, right good footballer and considering Celtic have about 15/16 midfielders hopefully they are looking to loan him out.

Aidan Keena -Hearts, scored quite a few goals for the scum last season.

Bruce Anderson -Aberdeen, also scored for the scum.

Zak Rudden - Come home please

Greg Kiltie - Killie, showed in the games against us how good he is.

Dario Zannatta - Hearts, he was a right threat for Alloa last season.

Some a lot more far fetched than others but it you don't ask you don't get. I'm sure Rangers have pulled out of the reserve league as well so it would maybe be worthwhile enquiring about a few of their younger players especially seen as they won the reserve league last season.

Edited by BairnNecessity

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, AGPar said:

McKinnon has already said that we will be going with a small squad and cannot afford to take any gambles. On that basis, we should not be going anywhere near Johnston. He has not played for a year. Absolutely no room for any passengers this season.

I agree but still expect him to sign for us. 

9 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Maybe, but it's not just him though.

Branch Ton and even me - very fine posters both I know you'll agree, have been attacked, even when being pretty reasonable.

I know that by coming on and having a bit of a taunt, there's not a lot of goodwill around, which is obviously fair enough.  However, while some posters can respond sensibly enough to genuine posts, lots really seem to struggle to see beyond the username.  

Lots of shouty wee boys among the Falkirk contingent on here.

Branch Ton and even me - very fine posters both I know you'll agree, have been attacked, even when being pretty reasonable.
I know that by coming on and having a bit of a taunt, there's not a lot of goodwill around, which is obviously fair enough.  However, while some posters can respond sensibly enough to genuine posts, lots really seem to struggle to see beyond the username.  
By citing Branch Ton, you have lost any credibility.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

confused what are you doing GIF

18 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

Dream Loan Signing List(Ray take notes)

Harry Paton -Ross County, proven at this level and dominated us in the game against Stenny last year.

Daniel Armstrong -Ross County, he'll struggle for games this season.

Euan Henderson -Celtic, right good footballer and considering Celtic have about 15/16 midfielders hopefully they are looking to loan him out.

Aidan Keena -Hearts, scored quite a few goals for the scum last season.

Bruce Anderson -Aberdeen, also scored for the scum.

Zak Rudden - Come home please

Greg Kiltie - Killie, showed in the games against us how good he is.

Dario Zannatta - Hearts, he was a right threat for Alloa last season.

Some a lot more far fetched than others but it you don't ask you don't get. I'm sure Rangers have pulled out of the reserve league as well so it would maybe be worthwhile enquiring about a few of their younger players especially seen as they won the reserve league last season.

Some dream that.

25 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Many posters who know what he's up to now simply respond with a 'f**k off' rather than offer any kind of reasoned response because they know they would be wasting their time.

Personally speaking, the reasoned responses aren't aimed at the original poster. They're aimed at the occasional visitor who might think his points are accurate and have credibility. 

You can't do it all the time but sometimes it's worthwhile confronting a lie. 

43 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Branch Ton, VT and EdiBairn / LatapyBairn will be pissin' themselves laughing the next time they come onto this thread - here we are debating them which is exactly what they want - attention.  While I wouldn't want to put them on ignore I will certainly try to never respond to them as that would be giving them the oxygen that they crave.

50 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Branch Ton, VT and EdiBairn / LatapyBairn will be pissin' themselves laughing the next time they come onto this thread - here we are debating them which is exactly what they want - attention.  While I wouldn't want to put them on ignore I will certainly try to never respond to them as that would be giving them the oxygen that they crave.

I know, I very seldom do.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

By citing Branch Ton, you have lost any credibility.

I stopped reading after the Miranda compliment