The Falkirk FC Thread

Ray also mentioned he's hoping for another 4 signings, 1 or 2 up top and some defensive cover. Said we were pretty covered in midfield obviously staying coy on the DKD box office bairns announcement.

DKD is more of a forward anyway in my eyes.

12 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

Ray also mentioned he's hoping for another 4 signings, 1 or 2 up top and some defensive cover. Said we were pretty covered in midfield obviously staying coy on the DKD box office bairns announcement.

Our squad size will be around 18, but with Laverty out for a while yet 19 would give us cover. So 15 confirmed and 4 to go.

3 minutes ago, BairnNecessity said:

It'll be 19 permanent signings and 4 loans surely. Really can't see us going into a season with just a squad of 19 players. Also not really looking good for Ciaran Dunne is it?

unless he's one of the signings we're going to have to make before saturday.   Why have him hanging around if he's got no chance.

Denny Johnston on a month deal is a good piece of business after some of the two year deals that have been handed out. Hopefully he's fit enough to contribute in that month and he can stay on longer. 

So that's basically a matchday squad and that's it?
We're not going to be able to fill the bench on many occasions?

Think Ray has quite rightly opted for quality over quantity.

I don’t believe Ayr and Arbroath had big squads when winning the league in the last 2 years.

Suspect Toshney will cover right back and centre half, we will get cover for Dixon, a striker and another winger.

2 hours ago, BairnNecessity said:

It'll be 19 permanent signings and 4 loans surely. Really can't see us going into a season with just a squad of 19 players. Also not really looking good for Ciaran Dunne is it?

Dunne  played a fair amount of reserve games at left back last season, wouldn't be a big wage surely for him for cover there and wide mid.

Anyone confirm if he has had game time recently and what position ?

10 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Dunne  played a fair amount of reserve games at left back last season, wouldn't be a big wage surely for him for cover there and wide mid.

Anyone confirm if he has had game time recently and what position ?

He played on Saturday but as a winger.

6 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Peter Grants cup final header is the single best moment of my time watching Falkirk.

In that split second I was 100% convinced we would win the cup and I celebrated like we had.

Pretty sure I came a little

7 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Peter Grants cup final header is the single best moment of my time watching Falkirk.

In that split second I was 100% convinced we would win the cup and I celebrated like we had.

Peter has been so unlucky. If he had stayed fit he would have gone to play at the top level. He would have just got better and better and a class act.

4 hours ago, GaryDoug said:

Denny Johnston on a month deal is a good piece of business after some of the two year deals that have been handed out. Hopefully he's fit enough to contribute in that month and he can stay on longer. 

It's a smart deal for him. If he can stay fit, he'll stroll that level, but the fitness is a big risk. A month deal means they can assess and get the f**k out of the situation if it goes south. I assume if the month goes well, it'll probably be a year after that?

3 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

It's a smart deal for him. If he can stay fit, he'll stroll that level, but the fitness is a big risk. A month deal means they can assess and get the f**k out of the situation if it goes south. I assume if the month goes well, it'll probably be a year after that?

I’d say 6 month until Jan.

Think Ray has quite rightly opted for quality over quantity.

I don’t believe Ayr and Arbroath had big squads when winning the league in the last 2 years.

Suspect Toshney will cover right back and centre half, we will get cover for Dixon, a striker and another winger.

Quality over quantity is all well and good but a couple of long term injuries to the wrong players can leave you a bit fucked, as we’ve found out in seasons past.

14 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

It's a smart deal for him. If he can stay fit, he'll stroll that level, but the fitness is a big risk. 

I spoke to one of the players who was with him at Morton last year. He said that the difference in DJ is night and day compared to how he looked with you guys. The signs appear to be promising.

5 hours ago, BairnNecessity said:

Not sure how true it is but I had heard it was something to do with clubs not being able to agree a development fee with us. Sunderland keen but can't agree a fee. I know he's out of contract but apparently we're still due a development fee.. Apparently just keeping fit with us. 

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Quality over quantity is all well and good but a couple of long term injuries to the wrong players can leave you a bit fucked, as we’ve found out in seasons past.

Aye well, we tried the quantity over quality route and look where that got us.