The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

There is an informal fans meeting on Monday for any fans who want to ask these questions.

I'm sure Frank will be more than happy to print of the last few pages of this thread, introduce himself and ask for Mark to clarify?

Someone needs to.

At the moment we have a bizarre Twitter account which had 22 followers and a handful of vague tweets about travelling to "New York" for unspecified reasons over a couple of years.

Whilst i realise the msg have made a right mess of things along with thd bod it just seems strange to me that a group of guys some of whom saved the club in its darkest hour lets not forget would sell the club on to individuals withput proper  checks and in a who gives a feck who buys it as long as we get our money sort of way. It doesnt make sense. I mean why save the club in the first place.  Why would superfan who built the southstand risk a situation where theres no club actually using it in the future.

4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

There is an informal fans meeting on Monday for any fans who want to ask these questions.

I'm sure Frank will be more than happy to print of the last few pages of this thread, introduce himself and ask for Mark to clarify?

Hopefully he'll bring along his evidence off twitter and we can get to the bottom of what really happened with bexley barbers.

Someone needs to.
At the moment we have a bizarre Twitter account which had 22 followers and a handful of vague tweets about travelling to "New York" for unspecified reasons over a couple of years.

The twitter just come across as a guy trying desperately to appear as billy big time as possible. Flying to and from New York and tweeting airport longes. He’s a shyster, mark my words.

What questions can fans realistically ask on Monday anyway?

"Where has the money come from?"

"Investments"

"Investments in what?"

"A variety of things"

"How much did you make?"

"I can't disclose exact figures"

I really hope I'm wrong but this makes no sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

What questions can fans realistically ask on Monday anyway?

"Where has the money come from?"

"Investments"

"Investments in what?"

"A variety of things"

"How much did you make?"

"I can't disclose exact figures"

I really hope I'm wrong but this makes no sense to me.

Go along and find out.

Just as you're right to be sceptical of Mr Campbell you have ever right to request more information from myself. The gentlemen who organised the the deep dive into Mr Campbell's background paid a reasonable sum of money to do so but I'm almost certain they would be perfectly willing to share this information if it was used to protect another football club. I will send an email to one of the organisers and see if I can at the very least get a summary to post on this forum. 

I've also been looking to find your club specific forum so I could add to a topic on there but to no avail. Could someone post a link to that please? Much appreciated. 

Every single question posted there is valid with the "where is the money coming from" question being the most pertinent.
We need to see how things pan out but I have a horrible feeling about this. The current owners have no incentive to do appropriate due diligence if they get their cash for shares, if the club tanks after that it's no skin off their nose.
At best, this guy seems and looks like an absolute oddball. 
People can post "EdiBairn lol" all they want but the future of the club is at stake and it could very well be falling into the sole control of a conman or asset stripper. Serious questions must be asked by everyone involved in the process or we'll potentially be setting up a phoenix club in 2 years time. 
The more I think about this, the more it terrifies me.
This all day.
We need some serious questions and some straight answers.
We cant let anyone off the hook with avoiding answering what we would like to know.
If he is serious and has nothing to hide it should be straight forward enough.
Monday evening will be interesting.

Whilst i realise the msg have made a right mess of things along with thd bod it just seems strange to me that a group of guys some of whom saved the club in its darkest hour lets not forget would sell the club on to individuals withput proper  checks and in a who gives a feck who buys it as long as we get our money sort of way. It doesnt make sense. I mean why save the club in the first place.  Why would superfan who built the southstand risk a situation where theres no club actually using it in the future.
Aye. For all what Marshy is saying is valid, and until there is more info, of course this all sounds a bit odd, but on the flip side, are we expected to believe a room full of sucessful business people (leave aside their stewardship of FFC) have been completely Lyle Lanley'd by this guy over a period of months to the point of approving a seven figure transaction for the sale of shares in a club they all claim to support?

Does that seem realistic?

More info for us is whats required, because unless the MSG and board have had a collective brainfart of a fucking biblical proportion, they have seen, and are satisfied with, a lot more info than we have.

Whatever BtB lads say will be from our perspective with no need of a sugar coat. If this guy can clear that hurdle then hes likely good to go.

https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/latest-sunderland-afc-news/exclusive-mark-campbell-reveals-why-his-sunderland-takeover-failed-and-whether-he-could-return-with-another-bid-486859

“For us, it came to a point at the end where we had to make a decision.

“We’ve had a number of other clubs approach us since we’ve lost this in the last ten days, which is when we said ‘we can’t do this, if we do this we’re going to bankrupt the club.’

“I was putting in in excess of around £20million of my own money and there were other people looking to join our bid.

😕

33 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Every single question posted there is valid with the "where is the money coming from" question being the most pertinent.

We need to see how things pan out but I have a horrible feeling about this. The current owners have no incentive to do appropriate due diligence if they get their cash for shares, if the club tanks after that it's no skin off their nose.

At best, this guy seems and looks like an absolute oddball. 

People can post "EdiBairn lol" all they want but the future of the club is at stake and it could very well be falling into the sole control of a conman or asset stripper. Serious questions must be asked by everyone involved in the process or we'll potentially be setting up a phoenix club in 2 years time. 

The more I think about this, the more it terrifies me.

Apologies for singling someone out, and it might get me an annoyed PM later, but I'm pleased to see BPM liked your post. 

Big man - nobody trusts the MSG to do the right thing as it may line their pockets. That might be grossly unfair and totally inaccurate, but it's a common perception amongst fans. 

We have no Bairnstrust or other organised fan body to represent us. That means it falls to BTB, Kenny, David, Keith and patrons like yourself. 

I'd suggest that you not only meet Mark Campbell, but also contact Sunderland fan s groups to see if there is any truth in these online rumours. Offer to meet some of the new posters on here too, in confidence, if they can provide evidence they think you should see. 

The fans need to do their own due diligence. Kenny & David have done brilliant work so far, but it may be that their most important task is still ahead of them. Are you guys willing to take up the cudgel on our behalf?