The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not really about him having cash or not for me. It is more about his background and could we trust him or not to look after the club properly. That is where I need convincing.

He will have shown enough cash to buy the club - it might not be his - but I am sure they will be have the c400k to buy the place. Will they put anything in after, Will they borrow against the club etc etc etc. That is the unknown for me. Once he has it he can do with it what he wants

Exactly ! This is what all these Cossack wearing MC apologists don't realize - once he has control he can do what he wants (and all the promises go out the window) . There are enough lessons from history that we should heed and there are enough unknowns about this guy to raise concerns about.   

Better to get these concerns out now , so that someone (BTB) will raise them officially. 

The MSG I think no longer care (probably thru weariness or spite) as long as they get the money.

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I have no knowledge of Mark Campbell’s business history, business acumen, previous experience, value of assets and I am also not in a position to judge his character.

What I do know is that high risk due diligence checks will be carried out by the SFA, Falkirk FC and their bankers. 

Em…....ok….here we go,  in order:

1) No one does

2) No it won't

3 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Ok, but that's not the purpose of doing it and wouldn't be relevant to a MC take over. It would just be to prevent a single party from transferring assets to thier own company for example.

There may be instances where such a transfer is beneficial, say if it is a hotel being sold for a profit, where other shareholders could also be in favour and vote it through. An MC or equivalent with c. 62% shares couldn't act to do this on his own in that case, therefore protecting the club from being asset stripped. Such an amendment could be voted through by the current shareholders in advance of any deal.

Protections may already exist for all I know, but I wanted to ask the question. It may allay some fears about the proposed take over.

If the guy buys 62% of the company, he can just hold another EGM and remove the provision.  At the end of the day, if any one shareholder owns more than 50% they have de facto control over the company.

Exactly ! This is what all these Cossack wearing MC apologists don't realize - once he has control he can do what he wants (and all the promises go out the window) . There are enough lessons from history that we should heed and there are enough unknowns about this guy to raise concerns about.   
Better to get these concerns out now , so that someone (BTB) will raise them officially. 
The MSG I think no longer care (probably thru weariness or spite) as long as they get the money.
If we want MSG out, we will face a plethora of unknowns. This is regardless of who takes over, and only the BtB one comes with "best interests" as a given.

31 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

OK so it's not the bleeding obvious to you so I will help you - The Russian and the Sheik are MULTI - BILLIONAIRES. They can afford to throw money about for an ego trip, vanity project or just publicity.  

This guy Campbell has maybe a coffee shop in Manhattan and sold a few hotels according to him. He cannot -  unless he comes clean on his business empire , but even then f**k me not in the same stratosphere.  

If you cannot see this is a stupid comparison then I cannot help you any further.   

1. I’m not comparing the people. You said that foreign investors with no affiliation to clubs don’t just put money into them. I’m saying they do and gave you evidence to back that up  

2. If Campbell has the money he claims (no one knows if he does or not) then what he needs to put into us is a peanuts. He’ll basically be spending the interest on his cash, a bit like a billionaire chucking about a few hundred million.  It’s all relative my friend. 

Have a good day

7 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Em…....ok….here we go,  in order:

1) No one does

2) No it won't

It will, it has to by law.  If FFC (or perhaps more accurately their solicitors) don’t do appropriate checks on the source of funds being used to buy the shares, they will be in breach of several anti-money laundering regulations. 

If the guy buys 62% of the company, he can just hold another EGM and remove the provision.  At the end of the day, if any one shareholder owns more than 50% they have de facto control over the company.

That may be so. A clause could be inserted to prevent any changes to the such things also. Job done. Was that not the point of the BtB 25% originally?

What it would do is it would make his intentions abundantly clear if he motioned to repeal it.

2 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

I can't put into words how much I'm in awe of your fans group for speaking up. They may very well save your football club with what they now know. I hope they get control of your club and take you from strength to strength. 

Has your private detective come up with anything substantial yet? 

I can't put into words how much I'm in awe of your fans group for speaking up. They may very well save your football club with what they now know. I hope they get control of your club and take you from strength to strength. 

Where’s the summary?

17 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

Thank you, Torontobedroomman!

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

That's not a promise . He never said I promise you we will own that main stand within any timescale. Hes not even spoken to the council yet.

Well that's remarkable. 

We really are back to the playground here.  Unless someone says "I promise", it doesn't count?

26 minutes ago, Toronto Black Cat said:

I've found evidence that the pub land lady actually ripped the Campbell's off. I'm not sharing it with you though