The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the general gist to the plan is recently Fairway sports media and also his business partner is an agent in the US, start up academy again (JP to scout) we sign  players to get them in the shop window on condition they are represented via his agent pal, player gets a club and a shop window to put himself in, player gets sold for fee agent gets paid club get a fee albeit knowing our luck minimal, agent pal gives kickback to MC.

Yip probably close to the mark ! The good news we need to be in the premier league for the plan to work well so at least we can look fwd to a better team. Probably the reason the agent can’t own the club is I’m pretty sure there is some sort of a rule banning that. So I’m getting more comfortable if MC has just been used by smart guys who WILL have to take us forward.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

Easy to say when you're not on the receiving end of the bile from the clique.

Who is all (in your opinion) the clique, out of interest

I would prob hazard a guess anyone giving him grief  or anyone that has a differing standpoint to his that ridicules him.

Thing is its a forum everyone has a different view and if your no used to some of the replies then this is pretty much the wrong place to be, dont get me wrong, some are met with ridicule ( and rightly so in some cases) , some are whooshes, and some are folk just at the wind up to get a reaction everyone has been at the wrong end of one of them at some time on P&B.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Yip probably close to the mark ! The good news we need to be in the premier league for the plan to work well so at least we can look fwd to a better team. Probably the reason the agent can’t own the club is I’m pretty sure there is some sort of a rule banning that. So I’m getting more comfortable if MC has just been used by smart guys who WILL have to take us forward.

Now that’s the kind of analysis I was hoping to see about this thing. Nice job of tying together some ends to make a coherent idea, and it makes sense.

I see the point about no debt allowing you to accumulate some, but it seems unlikely to happen at Falkirk because lenders would be very skeptical.

So the overall leader in the clubhouse is MC is a front for someone with intentions to make money from the club, but probably in a way that improves performance? My only thought there is every little delay risks pushing the payback out a year, as promotion is only assured for Place One...the rest is a crap shoot. That confuses me on the delay, in this case.

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Now that’s the kind of analysis I was hoping to see about this thing. Nice job of tying together some ends to make a coherent idea, and it makes sense.

I see the point about no debt allowing you to accumulate some, but it seems unlikely to happen at Falkirk because lenders would be very skeptical.

So the overall leader in the clubhouse is MC is a front for someone with intentions to make money from the club, but probably in a way that improves performance? My only thought there is every little delay risks pushing the payback out a year, as promotion is only assured for Place One...the rest is a crap shoot. That confuses me on the delay, in this case.

The current train of thought is the MSG are playing this out for the fanbase to blow smoke up there arse when MC fails DD for them to say look what we saved the club from are you thankful now.

It would be hard going being a supporter of that sort of conveyor belt. If it worked well you would probably see some good players, but you would never see them reach their potential, nor could you ever be convinced of any affinity with the club. And worst of all, you would know that the transfer fees made would be going straight into someones hip rather than the club.

These six monthly rebuilds are a hard enough habit to break once you pick it up but its going to be the norm if thats the model we are looking at.

I agree but it’s the only model that makes their interest in the club stack up!

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The current train of thought is the MSG are playing this out for the fanbase to blow smoke up there arse when MC fails DD for them to say look what we saved the club from are you thankful now.

So you’re in the MSG is really willing to stay in charge camp? What’s in it for them?

51 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Do you live in the USA?

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So you’re in the MSG is really willing to stay in charge camp? What’s in it for them?

Personally i think its anything for them to stick 2 fingers up at the support for us criticising them, I mean they won the no confidence vote but that was them voting on them having confidence in themselves (turkey voting for christmas basically) from what was reported at the EGM the show of hands it was unanimous there was no confidence in them. 

The BBC has just tweeted interesting season ticket stats.

Falkirk have sold 2287 and are 13th in terms of sales in Scotland.

we are higher than Hamilton livvi and possibly st Johnstone in the top league and only the two dundee clubs and the pars (just) have sold more than us in the championship. the next highest in league 1 is raith with just under 1000. with stirling Albion the highest is league 2 with 210. cove rangers for those still following Hartleys progress have sold 65.

take from all that what you will...

7 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

The BBC has just tweeted interesting season ticket stats.

Falkirk have sold 2287 and are 13th in terms of sales in Scotland.

we are higher than Hamilton livvi and possibly st Johnstone in the top league and only the two dundee clubs and the pars (just) have sold more than us in the championship. the next highest in league 1 is raith with just under 1000. with stirling Albion the highest is league 2 with 210. cove rangers for those still following Hartleys progress have sold 65.

take from all that what you will...

Some clubs sold more season tickets than others?

another season ticket article on the BBC being discussed on the season ticket thread is the introduction of the Netflix subscription model instead of paying up front.

the piece in the article that stood out for me was that fc Copenhagen who have introduced it have seen their season ticket sales nearly double to 12,000 in just 4 years. in addition drop off rates per season fell from 10pc to just 3pc.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Is Denny Johnston actually fit? I wouldn't be surprised if we enquired about him if he's fit and available for loan.

McKinnon said he would be a fantastic player when fit, he's still waiting like the rest of us. I think he's fit now but so far he's been poor in the games he's had overall. He's down the pecking order now after Sammon, McManus, McMillan I'd say. Hard to believe he once got a move to Birmingham City on what I've saw of him.