The Falkirk FC Thread

So I first dropped into the Falkirk forum to read up on the whole takeover thing...
Jesus people, some of you are making even the sulking Raith fans and the overjoyed/over celebrating/over posting East Fife fans look rational. I understand just how badly this shite sucks, and after a whole load of reading I have some idea of just how long this stupidity has been going on at Falkirk, but get a grip.
The bully thread in here has been a welcome distraction from the meandering MC discussion because of the lack of news. The lack of action is, unfortunately, proof of nothing other than an over optimistic timeline. I doubt anyone here believes the MSG could keep a secret for very long, they’re almost as riven with disagreements as both sides of the MC debate. Let’s apply some data here, feel free to answer and explain:
1) Does anyone believe that the MSG wants to remain in charge at Falkirk?
2) Does anyone believe that anyone other than Sir Alex Ferguson would get through any attempt to buy without something being thrown up, and even Sir Alex would have someone prattling on about selling out Aberdeen or complaining about him having played for Rangers!
3) There’s a ton of “stuff” that keeps getting repeated about MC, but very little that can be conclusively laid at his feet. This doesn’t make him a good or bad choice, he’s just the current choice of the MSG, for better or worse.
4) Has anyone come up with a viable way to extract money from Falkirk and then dump it?
No matter what is said here, the decision is in the hands of the MSG and SFL. Working each other up, back and forth, is amusing but wearing me out watching it and trying the keep track of the sides. Why not get back to something that both you and I can agree on, bashing Ray? Well, and also I’m quite enjoying the talk of possible replacements, especially those that aren’t part of the “club of coaches” roundabout that plagues leagues worldwide.

Running a football club is a huge commitment . My concern is that this man has never succeeded in running anything . Yes we all want change but not just for the sake of it . You are right the decision lies with the SFL and our MSG our fear is that he will f**k the club over How exactly he will do that who knows but the guy at Bury has the blue print.There is also a huge question as to why park would want to work with him / or us .So whatever their plan is it most most certainly involves agency and sell on fees. Going there way!
Again one simple question to MC is why and to our MSG why him and not the fans !

The longer this due diligence crap goes on the more the club is damaged.DD in this case should be only 3 questions
1 Do you have the cash in the bank to but the shares- probably yes
2 where did you get it -probably not telling
3 is he a decent guy with a track record - it certainly doesn’t look like it
How the hell it takes 2 months to determine that is at the root of or problem . Ie A bunch of useless fannies farting around debating every detail in endless meetings . It’s where all this started 10 yrs ago .

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have been told he will have to. Wait and see I guess

You really won't have to.  He may make an offer for the remaining shares but there is nothing to compel him to do so and the only number that matters after 62% is 75% which is the percentage required to pass special resolutions.  Therefore even if he wants to reach 75%, there is no need for him to offer to buy the remaining 25%.

19 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

John "Passing, Moving, Tempo" Collins incoming

This will only happen if A) you have a young starlet that he can hook up to and champion the cause of, in the hope that when said starlet signs a lucrative deal elsewhere he will be able to rake in some dosh,

and

B) If he has a platform from which to whore out said starlet.

This is  what he did when at Livi, with Stefan Scougall. He was a pundit with Sky at the time, and his touting of Scougall was so blatant a blind man in a dark room could see it. 

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Running a football club is a huge commitment . My concern is that this man has never succeeded in running anything . Yes we all want change but not just for the sake of it . You are right the decision lies with the SFL and our MSG our fear is that he will f**k the club over How exactly he will do that who knows but the guy at Bury has the blue print.There is also a huge question as to why park would want to work with him / or us .So whatever their plan is it most most certainly involves agency and sell on fees. Going there way!
Again one simple question to MC is why and to our MSG why him and not the fans !

The longer this due diligence crap goes on the more the club is damaged.DD in this case should be only 3 questions
1 Do you have the cash in the bank to but the shares- probably yes
2 where did you get it -probably not telling
3 is he a decent guy with a track record - it certainly doesn’t look like it
How the hell it takes 2 months to determine that is at the root of or problem . Ie A bunch of useless fannies farting around debating every detail in endless meetings . It’s where all this started 10 yrs ago .

Good post. A couple of things though in response:

There is no decision that lies with the SFL , all they will do is ask if he has any criminal convictions or happens to be a mass murderer - presuming he's not they will just wave him on. In fact if MC has been passed fit to be a company director there is nothing legally the SFL can do to stop this. Again we can only presume he has been considering the amount of  companies he has been  or is a director of.

MC stated what attracted him to Falkirk FC was the fact we had no debt.

Steve Dale bought Bury for one pound, refused to pay HMRC or players or players' pensions. he sold a debt of 7M a company called RCR Holdings for 70K just before administration. RCR become the biggest creditor and could vote through the CVA in which RCR are due 1.75M (not a bad return for 70K). It turns out RCR are owned by Dale's son-in-law.    

I am not inferring Campbell is like Dale  , it's just the facts mam.    

Edited by Hank von Hell

Good post. A couple of things though in response:
There is no decision that lies with the SFL , all they will do is ask if he has any criminal convictions or happens to be a mass murderer - presuming he's not they will just wave him on. In fact if MC has been passed fit to be a company director there is nothing legally the SFL can do to stop this. Again we can only presume he has been considering the amount of  companies he has been  or is a director of.
MC stated what attracted him to Falkirk FC was the fact we had no debt.
Steve Dale bought Bury for one pound, refused to pay HMRC or players or players' pensions. he sold a debt of 7M a company called RCR Holdings for 70K just before administration. RCR become the biggest creditor and could vote through the CVA in which RCR are due 1.75M (not a bad return for 70K). It turns out RCR are owned by Dale's son-in-law.    
I am not inferring Campbell is like Dale  , it's just the facts mam.    

Scary facts at that I don’t think MC is smart enough to pull of a cunning stunt like dale what concerns me is who is behind him. If he doesn’t have a work permit (green card ) in the USA then the question is where did he get the cash to buy the shares!
Having the balls to chip up at Sunderland shows there is a serious plan afoot and I can guarantee it’s not to rebuild our academy or a fourth stand, and if there was any scope to develop ground around the club or any other avenue to make some cash don’t you think the current MSG would have exploited it ?

4 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Scary facts at that I don’t think MC is smart enough to pull of a cunning stunt like dale what concerns me is who is behind him. If he doesn’t have a work permit (green card ) in the USA then the question is where did he get the cash to buy the shares!
Having the balls to chip up at Sunderland shows there is a serious plan afoot and I can guarantee it’s not to rebuild our academy or a fourth stand, and if there was any scope to develop ground around the club or any other avenue to make some cash don’t you think the current MSG would have exploited it ?

I think the general gist to the plan is recently Fairway sports media and also his business partner is an agent in the US, start up academy again (JP to scout) we sign  players to get them in the shop window on condition they are represented via his agent pal, player gets a club and a shop window to put himself in, player gets sold for fee agent gets paid club get a fee albeit knowing our luck minimal, agent pal gives kickback to MC.

if there was any scope to develop ground around the club or any other avenue to make some cash don’t you think the current MSG would have exploited it ?

If you look into SA’s eyes, you would say “yes he would have”.

If you look into LM’s eyes, he would say “Eh, what was the question again?”

34 minutes ago, wullie robb said:

He's 100% super fit , probably a better idea would be to sign him up rather than a loan.

Not possible unfortunately. I was just thinking that Duffy had him at Morton when he scored 17 in the Championship, with us really only having Isaac Layne as one who can play up front on his own I wouldn't be surprised to see Duffy move for Johnstone if he's fit enough (and assuming he won't be costing us much).

Is Denny Johnston actually fit? I wouldn't be surprised if we enquired about him if he's fit and available for loan.

Feel free to take it anytime you want. He started for us against Raith last week and has been on the bench for every legalise game so far so I think he is ‘fit’ and has put his recent injury troubles behind him but he’s just fucking terrible. He should be imo our 5th choice striker and at this point just seems one of many of McKinnons panic jobber signings to try and fill out the squad.

I’d be amazed if he’s still with us by the end of January.

4 minutes ago, Russ said:

Feel free to take it anytime you want. He started for us against Raith last week and has been on the bench for every legalise game so far so I think he is ‘fit’ and has put his recent injury troubles behind him but he’s just fucking terrible. He should be imo our 5th choice striker and at this point just seems one of many of McKinnons panic jobber signings to try and fill out the squad.

I’d be amazed if he’s still with us by the end of January.

Duffy appears to be making it his goal to turn as many "terrible jobbers" as he can into a coherent squad this season. Johnstone is ticking all the boxes so far.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I think the general gist to the plan is recently Fairway sports media and also his business partner is an agent in the US, start up academy again (JP to scout) we sign  players to get them in the shop window on condition they are represented via his agent pal, player gets a club and a shop window to put himself in, player gets sold for fee agent gets paid club get a fee albeit knowing our luck minimal, agent pal gives kickback to MC.

We'd be even less of a club than we currently are.

We'd be even less of a club than we currently are.
It would be hard going being a supporter of that sort of conveyor belt. If it worked well you would probably see some good players, but you would never see them reach their potential, nor could you ever be convinced of any affinity with the club. And worst of all, you would know that the transfer fees made would be going straight into someones hip rather than the club.

These six monthly rebuilds are a hard enough habit to break once you pick it up but its going to be the norm if thats the model we are looking at.

Jeez, announce the decision about the takeover already !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It's like a bairn (pun intended) impatiently waiting for Christmas / or waiting for the results from the STD clinic (delete where appropriate depending on which side you're on).