The Falkirk FC Thread

How’s John Park with all this delay who’s paying him a wage as he knocks back job after job whilst he waits on M C finding the cash! Must have a special plan he’s getting a big cut from if he’s prepared to wait this long ?

4 hours ago, Stainrod said:

How’s John Park with all this delay who’s paying him a wage as he knocks back job after job whilst he waits on M C finding the cash! Must have a special plan he’s getting a big cut from if he’s prepared to wait this long ?

Not sure about Parky, but MC's team (which he now keeps mentioning) will presumably all be getting paid and lawyers usually charge by the hour.

All this eating into his soon to be realised coffee fortune.

This guy must have some fucking neck to keep on spouting on twitter day after day. The longer it rumbles on, the more it looks like we are just sat here waiting on the obvious confirmation that it's not happening and another period of MSG inflicted humiliation.

14 hours ago, Jason King said:

...plus adequate toilets, fire escapes, kitchen area etc etc

Any stand in that space would have tiny facilities unless they are going long and thin. Now for hiring rooms for conferences and org training sessions it may be suitable but unless you dig up that new pitch the stand is going to be miniscule

Was always against leaving Brockville. It was the only bit of security the club had and could have been redeveloped.

Now we are minor stakeholders in our home ground and a atmosphere vacuum it is as well.

The council played a blinder on the Brockville / New stadium development and we have minimal clout as long as this is the state of affairs.

Before any money is spent on a 4th stand FFC should secure full ownership of the stadium and surrounding land.

I would imagine AT is pleading with the rest of the MSG to just sell up so that he can get his money and cut all ties with FFC.

It kind of reminds me of the great Groucho Marx quote of “I wouldn’t want to be part of any club that would have someone like me as a member”.

If SA has dug in his heels wrt his interest in the stand, it’s not necessarily a bad thing. It tests Campbell’s business acumen, it tests the depth of his pocket, and it tests just how strong Campbell’s resolve really is.

He has issued populist declarations around getting to the top flight, buying out the council, and building a fourth stand......all big issues, and all much more complex than reaching an agreement with SA.

It might just be the beginning of the end for MC. The whole thing feels like it is simply going to peter out in a similar way to his Sunderland “adventure”.

I would imagine AT is pleading with the rest of the MSG to just sell up so that he can get his money and cut all ties with FFC.

It kind of reminds me of the great Groucho Marx quote of “I wouldn’t want to be part of any club that would have someone like me as a member”.

If SA has dug in his heels wrt his interest in the stand, it’s not necessarily a bad thing. It tests Campbell’s business acumen, it tests the depth of his pocket, and it tests just how strong Campbell’s resolve really is.

He has issued populist declarations around getting to the top flight, buying out the council, and building a fourth stand......all big issues, and all much more complex than reaching an agreement with SA.

It might just be the beginning of the end for MC. The whole thing feels like it is simply going to peter out in a similar way to his Sunderland “adventure”.
Yeah, I see a statement coming out soon saying there were a lot of issues that we just couldnt meet on, its no ones fault, really complicated bla bla bla, then the vipers nest that is the MSG will begin to really consume eachother as the bid to be the ones that avoid the blame.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah, I see a statement coming out soon saying there were a lot of issues that we just couldnt meet on, its no ones fault, really complicated bla bla bla, then the vipers nest that is the MSG will begin to really consume eachother as the bid to be the ones that avoid the blame.

Close to a worst case scenario for FFC, as it would position the club to perhaps do nothing in the Jan window, and leave Ray in charge. Of course, it is possible that a MC takeover would be even worse! If the above is what happens, and the MSG doesn’t have an immediate plan, the outrage should be pretty impressive. It’s sometimes hard to imagine greater stumbles than those you have seen befall those persons or clubs close to you, but FFS this is an amazing performance by a Board. Certainly close to Top 10.

55 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Close to a worst case scenario for FFC, as it would position the club to perhaps do nothing in the Jan window, and leave Ray in charge. Of course, it is possible that a MC takeover would be even worse! If the above is what happens, and the MSG doesn’t have an immediate plan, the outrage should be pretty impressive. It’s sometimes hard to imagine greater stumbles than those you have seen befall those persons or clubs close to you, but FFS this is an amazing performance by a Board. Certainly close to Top 10.

A MC takeover would be much, much worse.

But you are correct the outrage will be nuclear ….fueled by all of MC's extremely bold promises to the fans, the more gullible have had a glimpse of the promised land with the bearded one.  Let's take a look at what you could've won (well not really). 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I didn't think AT had any shares , am I wrong about that then? I seen a pic of him cozying up to MC at TFS , I just thought he was angling for a position on the new BOD. 

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

A MC takeover would be much, much worse.

But you are correct the outrage will be nuclear ….fueled by all of MC's extremely bold promises to the fans, the more gullible have had a glimpse of the promised land with the bearded one.  Let's take a look at what you could've won (well not really). 

Spot on.

Having the MC thing fizzle out is embarrassing and ridiculous, but it's surely preferable to the alternative.

I'm sure you lot will still win the league.  I know that doesn't solve anything, but it doesn't wreck anything either.

To not see that this MC bloke needs chased, requires you to be an utter simpleton.

Especially as his much vaunted Property Company in New York closed down in June/July.

Especially as his much vaunted Property Company in New York closed down in June/July.
That is surely the nail in the coffin of his credibility for even the staunchest smoke blower. Nothing about his background or motives checks out. Its slowly all been peeled back to reveal a guy who might or might not have the initial money to buy the shares, but after that, theres nothing there.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That is surely the nail in the coffin of his credibility for even the staunchest smoke blower. Nothing about his background or motives checks out. Its slowly all been peeled back to reveal a guy who might or might not have the initial money to buy the shares, but after that, theres nothing there.

This whole buying a football club project must surely go a lot deeper than this MC character and his fantasy ramblings.

The club must find out who / what is behind this bid, I think this guy is little more than a front man.

Ideally they would tell MC and his backers to take their scheme elsewhere.

Utter shambles.

If it all goes pear shaped (as it surely must), then MC will play the game of “if the MSG don’t slag me off to the public and press, then I won’t dismantle the MSG on social media”. This will allow our little fantasist to waddle off into the sunset with his daft wee “character” intact.

Or regardless of the log jam of evidence, we could always just take a punt....