The Falkirk FC Thread

This is as previously stated putting life long fans off the club . The takeover comedy and the sterile playing system has made a season that could have been exciting turn into a major turn off for most. Even the MC Ass lickers must be wondering if it is worth it. The joy has gone for me sadly
This. After the last two seasons I was looking forward to this in the hope we'd be winning most weeks for a change, however, I'm probably more sickened now than I was the previous 2 seasons

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

This is as previously stated putting life long fans off the club . The takeover comedy and the sterile playing system has made a season that could have been exciting turn into a major turn off for most. Even the MC Ass lickers must be wondering if it is worth it. The joy has gone for me sadly

Sadly, this is how it is. It went for me 3 years ago and i do not miss it anything like i thought i would. In the end it was an easy habit to break, but how i wish i could get back on the addiction that was FFC for 30 odd years. Until somebody, somewhere re-ignites the spark, i will continue my cold turkey.

First thing we could do would be getting a manager in who actually utilises the squad at his disposal, isn't content to "compete" at galaticos like Raith Rovers, and actually attacks teams instead of being happy to shitfest 0-0's against the likes of Peterhead and Airdrie.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

No they won't , when you are in a cult all common sense thinking & self-awareness goes out the window - blind devotion to the leader is all that exists.

They will all be in a room somewhere swaying from side to side in a trance chanting together "Fourth Stand", "Messy Divorce", "On-Line Coffee", "Keane are Cool", "Two Weeks Away"'

I don’t think the DD is complete

Apparently the hold up complication etc has all got to do with our benefactor SA wanting a guaranteed income for his gift that keeps on giving. (Ie the south stand )I don’t blame him though why would you hand a 5% income generator to MC unless it was at full price!
Problem is if MC doesn’t get control of that stand then selling on the club further down the line would be even more complicated. The club shares are not worth much say somewhere between 0 -400k but the South Stand is worth over 1.5 million although even that is tenuous as it depends on what league were in crowds etc !
I’ve heard from one of the legal eagles that they are miles apart and anyway MC doesn’t have 1.5 million so it looks like we are in troubled waters . Forget a 4th stand only an arse would contemplate that when we struggle to fill 50% of the current seats!

All this talk about building a 4th stand, F*ck that for a game o’ sodjers. We get 4,000 into a stadium that can currently hold 8,000, why build another stand of 2,000 seats or so, just so that they can get covered in bird shit? Save the money and use it to empty the current management that we’ve got and to buy some new players when we hopefully make it back to the Championship. We’ll probably need a few years of consolidation there before we can even think about challenging for promotion to the Premiership. We need wasting money on a 4th stand like we need a hole in the head at the moment.

If we’re worried about how the empty space, with a view over to Grangemouth looks, why don’t we do what Arsenal did back in the early 90s when they were renovating Highbury and put up a muckle big mural? Sure, opposition fans will have a laugh at it but they laugh at us for only having 3 stands now anyway. And who knows, it might even hold in what little atmosphere we have at the ground now.

arsenal mural 2.jpg

Arsenal mural.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

All this talk about building a 4th stand, F*ck that for a game o’ sodjers. We get 4,000 into a stadium that can currently hold 8,000, why build another stand of 2,000 seats or so, just so that they can get covered in bird shit? Save the money and use it to empty the current management that we’ve got and to buy some new players when we hopefully make it back to the Championship. We’ll probably need a few years of consolidation there before we can even think about challenging for promotion to the Premiership. We need wasting money on a 4th stand like we need a hole in the head at the moment.

If we’re worried about how the empty space, with a view over to Grangemouth looks, why don’t we do what Arsenal did back in the early 90s when they were renovating Highbury and put up a muckle big mural? Sure, opposition fans will have a laugh at it but they laugh at us for only having 3 stands now anyway. And who knows, it might even hold in what little atmosphere we have at the ground now.

arsenal mural 2.jpg

Arsenal mural.jpg

Sell the right to a season ticket holder to place a dummy in clothing (club veto, but accepting of attempts at homour) in a seat in the unused areas. Maybe some folks get together to have an entire section of bikini clad mannequins with Ray's face?

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Sell the right to a season ticket holder to place a dummy in clothing (club veto, but accepting of attempts at homour) in a seat in the unused areas. Maybe some folks get together to have an entire section of bikini clad mannequins with Ray's face?

Word salad may describe a symptom of neurological or psychiatric conditions in which a person attempts to communicate an idea, but words and phrases that may appear to be random and unrelated come out in an incoherent sequence instead. Often, the person is unaware that he or she did not make sense.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Word salad may describe a symptom of neurological or psychiatric conditions in which a person attempts to communicate an idea, but words and phrases that may appear to be random and unrelated come out in an incoherent sequence instead. Often, the person is unaware that he or she did not make sense.

Lack of comprehenion the absence  of the action or capability of understanding something. Commonly caused by poor education, lack of general knowledge and/or an unwillingness to attempt to comprehend items or thoughts that a person judges to be either above or below their station or knowledge.

Eh, Phuket...

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Lack of comprehenion the absence  of the action or capability of understanding something. Commonly caused by poor education, lack of general knowledge and/or an unwillingness to attempt to comprehend items or thoughts that a person judges to be either above or below their station or knowledge.

Eh, Phuket...

Look ya Fife mutant, your sister was telling me that with you having 6 fingers and a snake tongue your foreplay is fantastic, why not go back to givin' her a good seein' to and leave us here in peace?

Edited by Bairn in Exile

How many fucking times do people have to be fucking told that a fucking fourth stand isn't about the fucking seats? 

The council own the areas in the main stand which could make the club money from conferences, weddings, functions and so on. The council won't be selling these to MC - or anyone else for that matter. The fourth stand would be a building with rooms for events and seats nailed on the top.

15 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

How many fucking times do people have to be fucking told that a fucking fourth stand isn't about the fucking seats? 

The council own the areas in the main stand which could make the club money from conferences, weddings, functions and so on. The council won't be selling these to MC - or anyone else for that matter. The fourth stand would be a building with rooms for events and seats nailed on the top.

Sounds like a viable business venture. MC should have no problem securing the loan to construct it.....oh wait he's paying for it with his own money (yeah sure he is).

PS - Buying the council's share of the main stand is on MC's 90 day to-do list remember (surprised he didn't just say 2 weeks).  

Apparently the hold up complication etc has all got to do with our benefactor SA wanting a guaranteed income for his gift that keeps on giving. (Ie the south stand )I don’t blame him though why would you hand a 5% income generator to MC unless it was at full price!
Problem is if MC doesn’t get control of that stand then selling on the club further down the line would be even more complicated. The club shares are not worth much say somewhere between 0 -400k but the South Stand is worth over 1.5 million although even that is tenuous as it depends on what league were in crowds etc !
I’ve heard from one of the legal eagles that they are miles apart and anyway MC doesn’t have 1.5 million so it looks like we are in troubled waters . Forget a 4th stand only an arse would contemplate that when we struggle to fill 50% of the current seats!

First I have heard that, interesting. I believe he has still to prove where his money has come from.

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

Or you could do a St Johnstone and have massive 'Guess Who?' cards instead. 

260803-bells-cup-quarter-final-st-johnstone-v-brechin-city-cardboard-BJCXTM.jpg.cef431a8faf83bdb479b3dcdcadc7d8f.thumb.jpg.e4f28a1101dbd50fb4f61411bffd810a.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

Or you could do a St Johnstone and have massive 'Guess Who?' cards instead. 

260803-bells-cup-quarter-final-st-johnstone-v-brechin-city-cardboard-BJCXTM.jpg.cef431a8faf83bdb479b3dcdcadc7d8f.thumb.jpg.e4f28a1101dbd50fb4f61411bffd810a.jpg

As opposed to Dundee, who could play "guess who" for their entire starting line up.

"Does he have a beard?" - No

"Is he fucking hopeless at playing football?" - Yes

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

...and do these rooms in the main stand do conferences, weddings etc at this point?

If so it would be remarkably daft to build a new venue 100 yards away in competition. And the area at Falkirk for a 4th stand looks tiny for building a stand with all of your money making requirements plus seats.