The Falkirk FC Thread

Absolutely, 150%, agree with your sentiments here.
Seen two scousers lasntight on SSN greeting about how unfair it would be because they had played great football all season.

Yeah, they also at the point where society completely shut down, did not have enough points to have mathematically secured the title.

Hard fucking lines.

It would be interesting to see what all Falkirk fans would have been saying if you were top of the league. 

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Then I'd just null and void the season and start again but with double the prize money for the new season obviously.  Treats every club the same. Quite happy to forget this shitebag of a season ever actually happened.

Do you honestly believe that Liverpool, Celtic, Dundee Utd will allow the leagues to be voided. Legal challenges from every direction. Why are you so against promotion from 2nd place, strange I'd be fighting for that if I was a Falkirk fan.  

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

It would be interesting to see what all Falkirk fans would have been saying if you were top of the league. 

Do you honestly believe that Liverpool, Celtic, Dundee Utd will allow the leagues to be voided. Legal challenges from every direction. Why are you so against promotion from 2nd place, strange I'd be fighting for that if I was a Falkirk fan.  

The difference is all those clubs have a good bit distance between them at the top, had there been more than one point in fact even more than 3 points then we probably couldnt argue about Raith going up but the fact 8 games to go 1 pt in it and still to play each other then thats the difference in the situation.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

We are now at the point where folk wailing about Liverpool or Celtic deserving a title need to shut the f**k up and get some perspective. It is now utterly cringeworthy to see folk saying anything other than "let's get through this, sport doesnt matter a f**k".

Once it looks like we might have a society worth a f**k at the back end, then argue the toss.

Calm down.

It's a football forum for discussing all things football. Of course theres a hellish situation going on which is far more important than anything else, but football and sport provide an element of escapism and distraction,  and quite frankly it's a welcome relief amidst great uncertainty.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seen two scousers lasntight on SSN greeting about how unfair it would be because they had played great football all season.

Yeah, they also at the point where society completely shut down, did not have enough points to have mathematically secured the title.

Hard fucking lines.

Easy to sum that up. Scousers are generally not very nice people.

Kind of have to agree with Champions here. This virus is terrible. It will kill people. Anyone taking it lightly and still going to pubs etc for the last week or so is a moron.

However this IS a football forum. Society will get back to something resembling normality, maybe not for a little or decent while, but it will get back. To just say stop having reasonable discussion on a crucial part of our lives because of this terrible thing that’s going on feels extremely high horsey

Kind of have to agree with Champions here. This virus is terrible. It will kill people. Anyone taking it lightly and still going to pubs etc for the last week or so is a moron.
However this IS a football forum. Society will get back to something resembling normality, maybe not for a little or decent while, but it will get back. To just say stop having reasonable discussion on a crucial part of our lives because of this terrible thing that’s going on feels extremely high horsey
It maybe was a few weeks ago. It isnt now.

I think anyone going on tv to argue the toss over a title at this point is an idiot.

Have the argument later for sure, but right now, it's silly.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think anyone going on tv to argue the toss over a title at this point is an idiot.

So many selfish cants out there though. Raith, hearts, celtic, sevco etc.  If we dont win this it's unfair. Whining about that to the media when old folks cant get out their houses ffs.  I'm glad we've kept our own council on this and just concentrated on the financial situation of the club. Just a shame our football position isn't the same as our financial or we would've won this league at a canter compared to the begging bowls getting held out by some of our rivals etc.  If falkirk were a point clear I would have exactly the same view.  It would be incredibly selfish to feel we should win the league being one point ahead and having played raith twice at our patch.

On another point I presume hearts will be changing their policy and going back to full wages now the government is going to pay 80 percent or will budge pocket the difference.

So you are admitting that you were abusing KK with your vile language just because he may have been a Celtic supporter.
He is a director and employee of FFC and, in my opinion, does a great job in bringing revenue in to the club.

I like him a lot.
You certainly are an obnoxious individual.

Where did I mention KK?

Where did I say he didn’t do a good job?

I don’t like the “Falkirk family” garbage it is what Celtic have peddled for years, it’s not for me. Or am I not allowed an opinion?

You have been piling out ignorant shite for days about COVID - 19 and you have the cheek to call me obnoxious.

2 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Not really a betting man, but anyone listening to the past 24hr news, probably accepts there won’t be a football being kicked for months. The emergency funding that the government have announced yesterday will probably save many of the clubs out with the SPL but not sure how this will work for the SPL clubs. Hearts are clearly bordering on being bankrupt ( yes again) and obviously not learned from bankruptcy just a few seasons ago. Anyway I’m suggesting that the scenario may be no football for months. Therefore the two choices will be pretty simple: 1. Void season and just clear from future history books. 2. Appoint whatever teams are top of respective leagues as winners and bottom teams are relegated, ( bottom of third division are saved) All the talk about league reconstruction will never happen unless both the Glasgow teams decide  to agree to fundamental changes, which In my opinion won’t happen.

Not relegating teams and promoting 2nd place (as well as Brora and Kelty) would also be simple. 

In saying that, I do think we'll follow whatever UEFA says and the European and English leagues do. 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What? This is a football forum not a tv channel. If a few idiots outside a pub want to moan and rant about their club not lifting the title that’s their business. But having reasonable discussion and sticking up for ourselves so we don’t get shafted (would you seriously bet against that?) is absolutely fine. Hell, it your mental health allows you to think only about corona and death for months and months then fair play to you. I’m not that lucky, as most others probably aren’t 

19 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

What? This is a football forum not a tv channel. If a few idiots outside a pub want to moan and rant about their club not lifting the title that’s their business. But having reasonable discussion and sticking up for ourselves so we don’t get shafted (would you seriously bet against that?) is absolutely fine. Hell, it your mental health allows you to think only about corona and death for months and months then fair play to you. I’m not that lucky, as most others probably aren’t 

Probably fair. Theres a balance to be struck between what I said and the scouse/sellick fannies. 

Where did I mention KK?

Where did I say he didn’t do a good job?

I don’t like the “Falkirk family” garbage it is what Celtic have peddled for years, it’s not for me. Or am I not allowed an opinion?

You have been piling out ignorant shite for days about COVID - 19 and you have the cheek to call me obnoxious.

No such thing as the “Falkirk Family”.
This is a cheesy and cynical phrase that gets trotted out when the club want something from us or are trying to put up a smokescreen.
We are a necessary inconvenience at best to those running the club.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

It’s not been to bad on this forum. It’s mainly Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Raith that have been banging on about how unfair is.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s not been to bad on this forum. It’s mainly Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Raith that have been banging on about how unfair is.

I think its more to the fact its become common to get the customary kick in the balls from somewhere whenever we think we have turned a corner as a club/support

When this is all over whenever that is. People will be desperate for normality. My dad told me people were desperate to get back to normal in 1946. If you wanted a good place to stand at Brockville you got their at 1.30 latest to que up for a good place to stand. So lets look forward to that happy day, my goodness it will be fun.   It is a worrying time for everybody and this virus will effect if not yourself but a family member , friend or somebody you know.

So what ever club you support or difference of opinion we have about how your team or the game is run is run or not run. Lets be civil about it - its only a game.