The Falkirk FC Thread

Here’s a plan for getting football going again, based on the facts as we have them.
The chances of death for those catching the virus up to the age of 70 is very slight unless the person has diabetes and/or is obese(certainly plenty of them).
Most of the deaths are to those in care homes or those aged 70 plus. I think we can assume that if you are in a care home, it is most unlikely that you attend matches.
Everyone over 70 will, for the time being, be banned from games but will be allowed to watch games on TV despite residing in the UK.
Surely some kind of version of this would work?

Soooooo.....in the spirit of your train of thought, anyone working within the NHS or Care system would also be banned from games regardless of their age or health status.

32 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Soooooo.....in the spirit of your train of thought, anyone working within the NHS or Care system would also be banned from games regardless of their age or health status.

Well, I see your point.

That could be the case until T,T&T is fully operational .

Look, rather than just witter away in despair, I’m just trying to find a way forward.

Mind you, I do think the whole thing is a bit overblown, but, hey, I’m in a minority of one on that.

Come off it. 7 NHS Scotland workers have died with covid-19 out of 160,000 total workforce

2,214 people in Scotland who do not work for the NHS have died with covid-19 out of the roughly 5.25m people in Scotland who don’t work for the NHS.

So the “non-NHS” group has 32 times the population of the “NHS” group yet has more than 300 times the number of deaths.

This idea that the NHS workers are a high risk group is fabricated nonsense.

Guest Ecosse83

Championship clubs now telling the spfl they can't afford to start the 20/21 season putting Hearts in a financial hole. The spfl will cave and allow them in the top flight for next season.

That's not something I want to happen so we can get into the championship, our survival will be easier as a League 1 club!

40 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Come off it. 7 NHS Scotland workers have died with covid-19 out of 160,000 total workforce

2,214 people in Scotland who do not work for the NHS have died with covid-19 out of the roughly 5.25m people in Scotland who don’t work for the NHS.

So the “non-NHS” group has 32 times the population of the “NHS” group yet has more than 300 times the number of deaths.

This whole business is nonsense.

The deaths are infinitesimal and it’s time we got things moving again.

Schools should be going back for starters. Risk is almost zero.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

This whole business is nonsense.

The deaths are infinitesimal and it’s time we got things moving again.

Schools should be going back for starters. Risk is almost zero.

You havent been burning down 5g masts have you ? or watching David Icke YouTube footage ?

in fact come to think of it who would have thought Dominic Cummings was on P&B

16 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Championship clubs now telling the spfl they can't afford to start the 20/21 season putting Hearts in a financial hole. The spfl will cave and allow them in the top flight for next season.

That's not something I want to happen so we can get into the championship, our survival will be easier as a League 1 club!

I've seen you say this a couple of times. I cannot think of a worse time to be stuck in this league to be honest, potentially a whole season season without football and then what? Yet another season at this level if we are still around  in whatever condition and there are enough teams to constitute a viable league, which is extremely doubtful? No thanks.

It is clear that football in Scotland, in the short-term at least, is only going to be played by the most financially-robust of clubs. They may be very few in number. What Doncaster and his bunch of clowns should be doing is engaging with all clubs on the issue of playing behind closed doors, and assessing their ability to do so. If a club proves themselves able to play, there should be no question of them being restrained from doing so. The leagues are then arranged according to those clubs who can start the season. If Hearts are one of them, and the league they have been consigned to at some arbitrary cut-off point this season is unable to get going then they will be in the Premier League, and rightly so. If Falkirk are one of them and the Championship is going ahead in whatever format then we should be playing in that league. If the majority of League One clubs are unable to play at all and we are, then sorry, we simply cannot be held back by them. Time we started looking after ourselves. 

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I've seen you say this a couple of times. I cannot think of a worse time to be stuck in this league to be honest, potentially a whole season season without football and then what? Yet another season at this level if we are still around  in whatever condition and there are enough teams to constitute a viable league, which is extremely doubtful? No thanks.

It is clear that football in Scotland, in the short-term at least, is only going to be played by the most financially-robust of clubs. They may be very few in number. What Doncaster and his bunch of clowns should be doing is engaging with all clubs on the issue of playing behind closed doors, and assessing their ability to do so. If a club proves themselves able to play, there should be no question of them being restrained from doing so. The leagues are then arranged according to those clubs who can start the season. If Hearts are one of them, and the league they have been consigned to at some arbitrary cut-off point this season is unable to get going then they will be in the Premier League, and rightly so. If Falkirk are one of them and the Championship is going ahead in whatever format then we should be playing in that league. If the majority of League One clubs are unable to play at all and we are, then sorry, we simply cannot be held back by them. Time we started looking after ourselves. 

The reason I say it is our player contract situation. We have a number of players who signed 2 year deals but the 2nd year was reliant on us being promoted this season. If we go up we're stuck with those contracts. If we remain a league 1 team we will have just 3 or 4 on the books which will be far easier to manage in the event of football starting up in January. 

The chances are the current league setup will probably be long gone by the time we get going again anyway. 

Edited by Ecosse83

Spot on. There’s going to need to be some number fudging. Part time could be the solution for all but the top few clubs, until fans return. That would allow them to drastically reduce wage bills and players could take on jobs in other industries to make ends meet (e.g. you could have guys like Gary Miller at our level earn just £150 a week for two weekday evening training sessions and a Saturday game, and then he could work the checkouts in Asda to balance his own bills on the other weekdays)

I think the SPFL could get a more lucrative TV deal if fans were banned from stadiums. I’d happily pay a tenner or so per game to watch the Falkirk games on a stream.

You just didn’t grasp this at all did you? Nope, not even one wee bit of it did you get.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Do we no who the 3 clubs are that are pushing to stop football completely during 2020 are.

I would guess one of them are Dunfermline given what’s going on at EEP.

18 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Spot on. There’s going to need to be some number fudging. Part time could be the solution for all but the top few clubs, until fans return. That would allow them to drastically reduce wage bills and players could take on jobs in other industries to make ends meet (e.g. you could have guys like Gary Miller at our level earn just £150 a week for two weekday evening training sessions and a Saturday game, and then he could work the checkouts in Asda to balance his own bills on the other weekdays)

I think the SPFL could get a more lucrative TV deal if fans were banned from stadiums. I’d happily pay a tenner or so per game to watch the Falkirk games on a stream.

Have you taken something?

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do we no who the 3 clubs are that are pushing to stop football completely during 2020 are.

I would guess one of them are Dunfermline given what’s going on at EEP.

Queen of the South seem scared to even open the curtains, I think they would be a stick on,   would imagine Alloa another one,  Mulraney was spouting the same push a couple of weeks ago...

i don't understand that if 3 clubs wants to scuttle the season it will get voted through, can clubs request to be a non playing members of the league for a season ( juniors used to have that option) if s o replace them with clubs who want to battle on,  with a one up, one down policy.   The same goes for league 1 and 2 and in those leagues you might get 75 % of clubs voting to cancel the season,  what happens to the half dozen who want to play on...  Lots of moving and shaking to go on this, always remember the media at all levels do not give a toss about the seaside leagues, we are akin to a "shite" on there shoe and lets never forget it..

On 22/05/2020 at 09:52, AL-FFC said:

If you mean regards to the reconstruction that appears to have gone quiet again and Doncaster saying that any legal action by Hearts the remaining teams will have their monies reduced to fund the SPFL legal bill (nice of that p***k to exert a bit of control to pressure the remaining clubs to bully Hearts into not taking legal action as it will mean less money received or am i just being cynical)

You say this as if trying to prevent Ann "make the top flight a closed shop and release all part time clubs from the SPFL" Budge having her way is a bad thing.

20 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

Daily Mail reporting that the championship clubs are discussing a 18 game league, what a FckN mess, now it’s a free for all as long as the dirty dozen get their Sky deal 

Without the Sky deal your own clubs income would be dramatically cut.

48 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The reason I say it is our player contract situation. We have a number of players who signed 2 year deals but the 2nd year was reliant on us being promoted this season. If we go up we're stuck with those contracts. If we remain a league 1 team we will have just 3 or 4 on the books which will be far easier to manage in the event of football starting up in January. 

The chances are the current league setup will probably be long gone by the time we get going again anyway. 

Do we definitely know that is the case though.  At the moment only what 3 or 4 have had their contracts extended under furlough.  We are currently a league one club so surely that would mean far more than that are out of contract if the second year was promotion specific but theres been no mention of extending any other players contract and keeping them furloughed.

12 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Have you taken something?

Sarge,   what's the situation with th e juniors,  do they come under the same banner of these restrictions,  if so they must be screwed also only thing in there favour is social distancing in a lot of clubs won't be a problem due to small numbers,  maybe bad timing or basically  unlucky joining the pyramid.....

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Inacreditável

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

You say this as if trying to prevent Ann "make the top flight a closed shop and release all part time clubs from the SPFL" Budge having her way is a bad thing.

Without the Sky deal your own clubs income would be dramatically cut.

I'd hardly say cut dramatically.Total prize money was just over 112k . I reckon we could raise that in a few weeks if we went to the fans.  We could cope easily without the sky deal.

6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Queen of the South seem scared to even open the curtains, I think they would be a stick on,   would imagine Alloa another one,  Mulraney was spouting the same push a couple of weeks ago...

i don't understand that if 3 clubs wants to scuttle the season it will get voted through, can clubs request to be a non playing members of the league for a season ( juniors used to have that option) if s o replace them with clubs who want to battle on,  with a one up, one down policy.   The same goes for league 1 and 2 and in those leagues you might get 75 % of clubs voting to cancel the season,  what happens to the half dozen who want to play on...  Lots of moving and shaking to go on this, always remember the media at all levels do not give a toss about the seaside leagues, we are akin to a "shite" on there shoe and lets never forget it..

The clubs you have mentioned makes sense although not confirmed yet.

Not sure what the options are but having 3 football clubs not wanting to play football is a strange situation to be in.