The Falkirk FC Thread

I agree that the idea we could shaft the council then waltz back in a few months later just won't happen. In the event that they make things awkward (increased costs, less access etc), what are the club's options?

Groundsharing - assumes other clubs will let us and the councils also have a say, not forgetting the SPFL who have form for saying no.

Build a new stadium - council can refuse planning permission.

By far and away the best option is to have a grown-up conversation with our landlords and work with them to get through this together. In the long term, this will pay off.

4 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Apart from the dirty dozen, what are the key dates that will decide our fate ?

If you mean regards to the reconstruction that appears to have gone quiet again and Doncaster saying that any legal action by Hearts the remaining teams will have their monies reduced to fund the SPFL legal bill (nice of that p***k to exert a bit of control to pressure the remaining clubs to bully Hearts into not taking legal action as it will mean less money received or am i just being cynical)

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

If you mean regards to the reconstruction that appears to have gone quiet again and Doncaster saying that any legal action by Hearts the remaining teams will have their monies reduced to fund the SPFL legal bill (nice of that p***k to exert a bit of control to pressure the remaining clubs to bully Hearts into not taking legal action as it will mean less money received or am i just being cynical)

I think reconstruction will happen, the plan will be the keel Hearts up and concentrate on the top flight for next season to protect TV deals. 

Everyone else will be an afterthought.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

St Mids already confirmed a no vote, so reliant on all others to vote yes ? 

It will be much easier for them to just play the top flight with Hearts involved. St Mirren will be asked to change their mind by Doncaster and his cronies. The TV deal will be the top priority.

I'm a cynical p***k I know but it's hard not to be 🤣

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

It will be much easier for them to just play the top flight with Hearts involved. St Mirren will be asked to change their mind by Doncaster and his cronies. The TV deal will be the top priority.

Pretty sure the last time Livingstone, Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone all voted no for the main reason it was only going to be temporary so unless its a permanent reconstruction which avoids 3 /4 teams being relegated then the votes going to be the same again whats that definition of insanity repeating the same thing over again and expecting a different result welcome to the asylum that is Scottish Football.

19 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Hi, I would suggest the very opposite, think you're a bit naive to be honest, no offence. Reconstruction ain't gonna happen.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Hi, I would suggest the very opposite, think you're a bit naive to be honest, no offence. Reconstruction ain't gonna happen.

Naive to think all they care about is the top flight? 

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Pretty much the nuts and bolts of it, the premiership just have 4 old firm games there's your top of the league decided anyone else is just relegation fodder and a distraction from the 2 arsecheeks that is the OF

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Maybe a bad choice of word on my part. Yes, I agree that the top 12 only think about themselves but I don't think it matters to them who the top 12 are at any given time, they couldn't care less that Hearts are dropping out, just as long as it isn't their own club. Bye bye Hearts, welcome Dundee United. Devil take the hindmost.

In all honesty i really dont care about any other club than Falkirk, as has been proven clubs will vote on self interest rather than the good of Scottish Football and any other club.  We all know that the reconstruction talks was just something  to get the lower leagues to call the season early ,anyone that thinks it will actually come to something is kidding themselves on and more importantly anyone that thought the reconstruction was truly on the table  is just as blinkered.

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

In all honesty i really dont care about any other club than Falkirk, as has been proven clubs will vote on self interest rather than the good of Scottish Football and any other club.  We all know that the reconstruction talks was just something  to get the lower leagues to call the season early ,anyone that thinks it will actually come to something is kidding themselves on and more importantly anyone that thought the reconstruction was truly on the table  is just as blinkered.

Aye, accusations of self-interest from a supporter of a club who can see no further than their utter obsession with being in the same league as Falkirk and Partick Thistle. Laughable stuff.

Guest Ecosse83
14 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Would any of you have cared about the top 12 or Hearts being relegated if you'd been top at the season closure?

The way things are going we will be better off in League 1 now anyway, I think in a years time we will be counting ourselves lucky we didn't go up. 

58 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Pretty sure the last time Livingstone, Hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone all voted no for the main reason it was only going to be temporary so unless its a permanent reconstruction which avoids 3 /4 teams being relegated then the votes going to be the same again whats that definition of insanity repeating the same thing over again and expecting a different result welcome to the asylum that is Scottish Football.

Livingston didnt vote against it and at that stage no proposal had actually been put to the top flight clubs whether it be temporary or permanent. St Mirren haven't said no yet. Tony Fitzpatrick said he didnt agree with it but then he thinks St Mirren is one of the 4 biggest teams in scotland so I wouldnt rely on him for an opinion.

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Would any of you have cared about the top 12 or Hearts being relegated if you'd been top at the season closure?

I cry myself to sleep every night thinking of poor Mrs Budge.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly. Why would the council come cap in hand to us when they know our only other options are sharing with someone else.Once you start a nomadic existence the end is nigh.Just look at what happened to airdrie and clyde when they started having to share for a number of seasons.  Can you imagine fans trooping up to ice station zebra every other saturday?

As the Community Stadiums main income stream FFC will always be the main/only client for them. Negotiate afresh due to the new business circumstances whatever they are. Allowing for smaller crowds and drop in income for advertising and sponsors there will be a more favourable deal on the table. Especially if they have been losing a fortune without the FFC cash cow being milked every month. Even tie in the new deal on a rent to buy basis as they must be thinking about unloading it. why not they are selling land and building every year.

The fear of playing hardball with the council that some on the forum have shown is beyond me. Grow a pair FFC walk in reflecting the circumstances with the mindset that its that deal or we walk. The Council would be running out to drag the club in to talk. Knowing being left with a never ending money pit on their hands would result in a political bloodbath for the parties involved. Be in no doubt they need FFC more than FFC need them. Time for the boot to be on the other foot.

FFC got well and truly screwed by the council regarding Brockville and the Stadium and the fans should never forget it.

As for nomads ! that's what we are as we do not own a stadium to call our home ground.