The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can anyone really see championship clubs being able to play behind closed doors? Seems like complete pie in the sky to me.

No not really, it could push some of them up there to the brink!

12 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I remember that match , he just sat in the dugout with his arms folded staring into space. He seemed to have no idea how to inspire the players or change anything.

George Craig talked him out of resigning.

Carried on until the Killie home defeat in February when he resigned again , George Craig again trying to dissuade him.

I always rack my brains to think of anything George Craig handled well whilst running Falkirk.

Tent peg and a mallet?

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Talks on no more football for the diddy leagues until January.

That's not good, and what happens if we get the go ahead in January and there's not enough teams around to start the league with the top 2 leagues already halfway completed.  

I wonder if the team will ever get to wear that ugly new strip. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8342029/Scottish-League-One-Two-JANUARY-SPFL-set-crisis-talks-future.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

Aye, I think it's inevitable that some clubs would be bust by then so what happens if there's only, say, 4 teams left out of 10? Worst case scenario could be that there's only maybe the likes of ourselves, Partick, Airdrie, East Fife still around with no prospect of playing a 'league' season and no way of being promoted. 

We could disappear by default!

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can anyone really see championship clubs being able to play behind closed doors? Seems like complete pie in the sky to me.

Would not be financially viable. Even setting up a pay per view app would cost more to set up than the income it would bring in. Also sponsorship and advert income will be next to nothing.

No crowds = No football.

Can see the point of FFC waiting till there is some clarity before announcing action being taken.

The club should have various courses of action ready to implement at a moments notice.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Even setting up a pay per view app would cost more to set up than the income it would bring in.

It's already up and running, has been for years.

Guest Ecosse83

If the January thing is true and clubs have to vote for it then those that vote yes to play then they should be invited to play in a larger Championship. If clubs don't want to play then that's up to them but us and Partick shouldn't be punished for part time teams wanting to shut up shop until January. 

49 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nearly all clubs already film or stream matches, so there's no problem there.

The issue is the tiny number of people who would pay to watch.

I'd consider signing up for it again, especially if there's no Highland League on. £120 a year for home and most away games.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

If you look back to the voting there’s a cartel in the lower divisions. They made it very public how they would vote, before the count, Scottish football is rotten to the core. 

It's a shocking system, imagine us and Thistle were keen to play but 18 other clubs say we can't 🙈

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

It's already up and running, has been for years.

Having a system in place to cater for a small number of overseas people allowing them to watch falkirk games live is a bit different to it being the only access for the entire support. The guys do a great job with limited resources but I would think if that's going to be the primary way anyone sees football the quality would need to be upped with more cameras etc .

37 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Blair Alston released, exactly the type of player we’ve been screaming out for, unfortunately will probably be donning a Scumfermline/RR jersey most likely. 

Can't see anybody signing anybody until there is certainty on what is going to happen and the timeline.

The way things are looking no games with crowds this year so its cut costs and hope you last it out.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Blair Alston released, exactly the type of player we’ve been screaming out for, unfortunately will probably be donning a Scumfermline/RR jersey most likely. 

Paying him 0p in the pound?

Dunfermline Athletic 0 Falkirk 2: 'It wasn't about the result ...

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Nearly all clubs already film or stream matches, so there's no problem there.

As far as I'm aware Falkirk, Raith and East Fife are the only teams in this league who stream live games. Don't think anyone in League 2 streams live games.  I think that presents a bit of a problem.

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

As far as I'm aware Falkirk, Raith and East Fife are the only teams in this league who stream live games. Don't think anyone in League 2 streams live games.  I think that presents a bit of a problem.

There's group who covered nearly all the Highland League games last season, not live streaming  but that's not a big hurdle if the wifi or network signal is ok. Not BT/SKY level coverage of course, but it's doable without an enormous amount of cash.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's group who covered nearly all the Highland League games last season, not live streaming  but that's not a big hurdle if the wifi or network signal is ok. Not BT/SKY level coverage of course, but it's doable without an enormous amount of cash.

Wifi/Network signal is the problem. A lot of clubs just don't have that connection available. The guys at EFTV covered this in fairly good detail and the problems they face when attending other grounds and trying to stream. 

We should absolutely explore the chances of it, but I think there would be too much required to cover every game and I'm not sure the income from it would be enough for the hassle it's worth.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Wifi/Network signal is the problem. A lot of clubs just don't have that connection available. The guys at EFTV covered this in fairly good detail and the problems they face when attending other grounds and trying to stream. 

We should absolutely explore the chances of it, but I think there would be too much required to cover every game and I'm not sure the income from it would be enough for the hassle it's worth.

I used to subscribe to Falkirk TV and reliability of away games was decidedly iffy. Was hoping that 4g and eventually 5g would have improved things at most grounds.