The Falkirk FC Thread

Can we get away from the walk away from the stadium chat, i mean one stand belongs to SA the North Stand belongs to us, we have the other astroturf pitch alongside the pitch so i dont think anyone is walking away from anything.  Its a pandemic the likes of which is unprecedented.  the reality of the situation is every fucker is winging it and making shit up as we go alone to try and cope regardless whether its club,  council or anyone else for that matter.

I've noticed that these annihilation fantasies have been pretty common on the Falkirk thread since the vote. Obviously wanting to hoard "The Navy pound" in anticipation of the day they can clamber over the broken remains of their fellow member clubs so that they can, to coin a phrase, "Take their rightful place in the top league"

In reality with the furlough in place, there is not much opportunity to offer players new contracts without a concrete idea of when football will be going again. Everyone will be doing it pretty soon. 

1 minute ago, Bantabairn said:

No bitterness here, your club has continued to live beyond it means since you last went bust, and if I may correct you, Rangers are no longer in existence.

Making tearful nonsense up definitely doesn't indicate bitterness.

When did Raith Rovers go bust? And how are they living beyond their means?

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'd love to see how many folk would travel to watch us play at clyde every week.  The council know we have no other place to go so thoughts of them running after us to beg us to come back are fanciful.. They lose money on the place anyway we just mean they don't lose as much. Without knowing the ins and outs of the deal its impossible to say whether it's a bad deal or not. Gary Dean's seems to think it's a fantastic deal and theres no reason for him to say otherwise as he could easily blame others if it wasnt.

Bet Gary Deans does not think its a fantastic deal now. As for traveling to watch Falkirk. If it meant FFC being able to exist yes. Stadium on costs will be the biggest drain on the clubs finances for the foreseeable future. If the club runs out of money its the end. FFC at least have the option to vacate the tenancy, other clubs would love that option.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

No. They won't be offered new contracts.

Yes so they are getting released at the end of their contracts. They arent being kept on with new ones.  Jesus christ. You either get kept on or released ffs.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes so they are getting released at the end of their contracts. They arent being kept on with new ones.  Jesus christ. You either get kept on or released ffs.

No, you need to be under contract to be released. 

I don’t think there any fan wanting to see clubs fold, however Doncaster and his dirty dozen have made it clear they don’t give a Fck about anyone apart from the SPFL and the promised land. 
If it needs teams to go bust to force meaningful change..... 

It would take the demise of decent sized top tier clubs to go bust (Motherwell, Kilmarnock upwards) before any meaningful change would happen.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Bet Gary Deans does not think its a fantastic deal now. As for traveling to watch Falkirk. If it meant FFC being able to exist yes. Stadium on costs will be the biggest drain on the clubs finances for the foreseeable future. If the club runs out of money its the end. FFC at least have the option to vacate the tenancy, other clubs would love that option.

So you'd rather see us move elsewhere and be in a worse state than stay where we are simply because of the council. Jesus wept.

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I reckon any more than 1 or 2 seasons playing away from TFS at Clyde or somewhere else would absolutely decimate our support. Far more damaging long term than paying a few quid to the council 

Exactly. We're far better sitting down with the council and trying to get things done properly than saying here you go take this or we're off.

They've been released at the end of their contract: as nobody has a clue what's going to happen that's perfectly understandable.

Do you think middle ranking clubs like the Pars are going to sign up a shiny new squad without knowing what sort of league system, if any, they'll be playing in next season?

Bantabairn has had an absolute holocaust on here in recent days.

7 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Has Superfan waived the South Stand rent yet?

Amen. If anyone thinks I'm paying to watch reruns of matches or buy new strips for the money to go straight into that bawbag's pension fund then lololol.