The Falkirk FC Thread

That was a memorable goal..more especially because the skills shown defied the "gluepot" state of the pitch!!!

11 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Come on here to get away from the coronavirus chat and to get some football talk, only to find the conversation is just as bad. Some stuff over the last few pages would make your eyes bleed and definitely not for a football forum. 

Anyway, not the best goal I’ve ever seen but one I really enjoyed was the season we got relegated from the Prem. one of the last few games either before the split or before the last game of the season, we won 1-0 away at Motherwell with a lovely team goal finished by Moutinho back heeling they ball to Flynn to tap home. A brilliant goal. 

That was a truly memorable goal, made  even more special as the skills involved defied the "gluepot" of a pitch.

RFlynn scoresvWell(a2)3.jpg

CelebrationvWell(a2)3.jpg

Pitch.jpg

On 19/05/2020 at 09:20, RandomGuy. said:

You're just ignoring what I'm saying.

I'm more than aware St Johnstone might get relegated and Callum Davidson, or whoever is hired, might do that.

John Hughes virtually guarantees St Johnstone will go into a downwards spiral that leads to relegation. He done it with ICT and Hibs, who were both top six regulars before he joined, and became bottom half clubs/relegated, after he left.

John Hughes had absolutely nothing to do with ICT getting relegated.

I would have him back in a heartbeat if he was available to next time we are looking for a new manager.

1 hour ago, southstand_bairn said:

Does anyone know why we are not selling season tickets? I know the obvious answer is that we don't know when football restarts but there are a number of others doing it and I thought we would have. I am sure there would be a large percentage taking it up

Just as you say we dont know if or when there will be a next season. The clubs selling them just now are desperate for cash whilst we currently arent at the moment. It may come to that eventually although money should at least be coming in now through strip sales.  

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Since you asked for a team goal and everyone weighed in with individual screamers I will bring it back to the original question.

Check out Tyler Robert's goal this season for Leeds v Hull - classic BielsaBall , hunting in packs to win the ball back in defence then a fast counter attack loading one side with sublime quick passing.

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2020/03/01/video-tyler-roberts-first-goal-vs-hull-2020-great-team-goal-from-leeds-and-full-build-up-bielsa-ball/

First time I have seen that ! Wonderful stuff thanks for sharing it.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

True, but he was left with a cleared out squad and no money.

The team against Vaduz wasn't all that different.

A couple of familiar faces were also brought back - Marc Twaddle signed for £65k on a 3 year contract and Ryan Flynn also on a 3 year contract.  

1 minute ago, Bula Bairn said:

The team against Vaduz wasn't all that different.

A couple of familiar faces were also brought back - Marc Twaddle signed for £65k on a 3 year contract and Ryan Flynn also on a 3 year contract.  

His budget was cut by at least 400k which is a pretty sizeable sum if you ask me.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I actually liked how Eddie May was trying to set the team up.  Having Lima back in midfield was positive and with Flynn, Marceta, Moutinho and MacDonald there was potential for us to be very creative. Unfortunately it never really clicked and some of the players (Macdonald, Marceta, Finnigan, Twaddle) just didn't live up to expectations. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just as you say we dont know if or when there will be a next season. The clubs selling them just now are desperate for cash whilst we currently arent at the moment. It may come to that eventually although money should at least be coming in now through strip sales.  

Season tickets ! we don't even know if there will be a season and if there is what the league set up and fixtures will be. So selling season tickets at this time is as good as defrauding your support. 

Certain things have to happen in a certain order. Government lift restrictions on crowds and announces a date. Ruling body then rakes through the ashes of what is left of Scottish Football and cobbles together leagues of some kind or another. Discussions on fixtures and games to be played, curtailed league postponed shortened cup competitions etc. Timelines for teams to make their stadiums fit for purpose and pass insurance inspections. Budgets decided ( best of luck working that out ) playing squads signed and be made match fit and players get their touch back.  The best case scenario is September/October.  Any later its a winter kick off and will be a commercial disaster and a rethink required.

I feel for the players as there is going to be a mass exodus from the game with fewer clubs and smaller squads.

Lot of people do not realise football as we know it is a thing of the past.

Season tickets ! we don't even know if there will be a season and if there is what the league set up and fixtures will be. So selling season tickets at this time is as good as defrauding your support. 
Certain things have to happen in a certain order. Government lift restrictions on crowds and announces a date. Ruling body then rakes through the ashes of what is left of Scottish Football and cobbles together leagues of some kind or another. Discussions on fixtures and games to be played, curtailed league postponed shortened cup competitions etc. Timelines for teams to make their stadiums fit for purpose and pass insurance inspections. Budgets decided ( best of luck working that out ) playing squads signed and be made match fit and players get their touch back.  The best case scenario is September/October.  Any later its a winter kick off and will be a commercial disaster and a rethink required.
I feel for the players as there is going to be a mass exodus from the game with fewer clubs and smaller squads.
It's not as if you've got a crystal ball either, relax.

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I actually liked how Eddie May was trying to set the team up.  Having Lima back in midfield was positive and with Flynn, Marceta, Moutinho and MacDonald there was potential for us to be very creative. Unfortunately it never really clicked and some of the players (Macdonald, Marceta, Finnigan, Twaddle) just didn't live up to expectations. 

I've got a memory of him basically cracking up around Christmas time, I think after a cup away game at Pittodrie. The media pressure and fan criticism all got a bit much I think, preferred a back room and coaching role. Got loads of praise as the youth coach before the unexpected step up.

2 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

It obviously wasn't going by the actual line up and signings made. 

It was you just need to check out the accounts.  And pressley brought in a lot of players towards the end which wouldve increased the original wage bill. The budget was slashed that year due to hughes overspending and the setanta deal crash.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's not as if you've got a crystal ball either, relax.

True ! but setting out what has to be done and in what order. These things will happen !

20 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I remember this night like it was yesterday, unfortunately i was serving in NI at the time and got a few strange looks when i ran into the NAAFI shouting GIRUY to a few of my Rangers supporting mates. Its always good getting one over either side of the arsecheeks that is the OF

I was in Corporate Hospitality that night so surrounded by them.

Went mental when the 2nd goal went in and got pelters 😂.

Their players were meant to come and meet the corporate guests after the game but were in the huff and didn’t.

John Greig and Colin Jackson were working in club ambassador roles that night and both made a point of coming and complimenting me on how well Falkirk had played.

It was a great night and a freebie too.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was in Corporate Hospitality that night so surrounded by them.

Went mental when the 2nd goal went in and got pelters 😂.

Their players were meant to come and meet the corporate guests after the game but were in the huff and didn’t.

John Greig and Colin Jackson were working in club ambassador roles that night and both made a point of coming and complimenting me on how well Falkirk had played.

It was a great night and a freebie too.

I did  Corporate Hospitality at St Mirren for my 40th birthday,we got a late penalty to make it 2-2 and i was rather happy.