The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Anybody remember the starts to seasons in the early 70's League Cup games. Teams from all the leagues in the group so there were a few days out to stadiums you did not go to often new teams new players to watch. Was popular as I remember it with good crowds and good games as the top teams got competitive warm up games and the smaller teams the glory of a cup win. Think there were about 6 -7 games then the season started.

While you could get a good away game the crowds were crap and interest minimal.

Because you played the other 3 teams home and away the chance of a wee team progressing was almost nil so nobody cared.

They were wisely dropped when the Skol Cup came along in 1982 or 83.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He played everywhere up the left flank.

Gunner was tremendous for us. Great pace, good shot, hardy bass too who got stuck in when we had some really mean teams.

Good from the spot, scored a lot of goals for a non centre forward, he was extremely popular.

so, mainly a left wing, very thanks.

Was going to do my annual pre season post, that we played Leeds in the 80s and drew then we drew with bo'ness! Memory is funny though, thought I'd check it on better meddle and it appears we drew with Leeds (crunchie's first game) and the exact same team days later then actually got pumped 3-0 at home to stenny. Shows what friendlies mean.

Edited by knee jerk reaction

38 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Was going to do my annual pre season post, that we played Leeds in the 80s and drew then we drew with bo'ness! Memory is funny though, thought I'd check it on better meddle and it appears we drew with Leeds (crunchie's first game) and the exact same team days later then actually got pumped 3-0 at home to stenny. Shows what friendlies mean.

Remember the Leeds game well. Had watched Camelon a few times the season before and knew Crunchie was the business. Had Frankie Gray the Scotland fullback in his pocket. It was the arrival of a Falkirk all time great !

41 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Remember the Leeds game well. Had watched Camelon a few times the season before and knew Crunchie was the business. Had Frankie Gray the Scotland fullback in his pocket. It was the arrival of a Falkirk all time great !

Remember being at that as a child and the Leeds support being mainly populated by hooligans and skinheads. Scary night.

19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

On a scale of knickerwetting for friendlies whats the worse, us getting beat of shire 1-0 or Partick getting beat by Sevco u18s

I see they are also allowing their fans to watch their friendlies. I'm surprised we're not taking advantage of drumming up some money by showing the friendlies for £5 pay per view or free for season ticket holders. Saying that they probably don't want all the mainstand knicker wetters watching a meaningless friendly and going straight onto the internet to talk about how shite we are.