The Falkirk FC Thread

The way i see it as far as things go , if Rawlings has been watching the games from the US  and if the BoD want further investment then they are going to have to listen he didn’t get Stoke to where they were by shying away from important and sometimes unpopular decisions  (not that i know much about Stoke) but he has more experience in being a football clubs owner than what we have and at some stage even he is going to be frustrated as f**k about what is going on .

A line needs to be drawn under all of this sooner rather than later if Rawlings wants community involvement then that in itself is going to go at loggerhead with SA and MR as so far as mentioned they shirk any blame of how badly they have got things wrong..

I wish it was mate. I know nothing, rely on people on here for my knowledge 🤣

I was jumping onto any bit of hope [emoji23]. The lack of interviews, match reports and all other social media activity is making me hope something has happened

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I still feel we are a very attractive job for managers.  Good fan base and a budget that swamps 8 of the other 9 in this league.  It's a great job . McKinnon is no genius but he is doing with queen's park what we should be doing this season to everyone else save perhaps Partick although considering their terrible start to the season them too.  I still the think we should be looking at managers on the way up for a change. Ones that have proven relatively  successful and have already cut their teeth. A jack Ross, Jim Goodwin type.  Young and Petrie fit the bill so they would be the first port of call. If they say no then you look elsewhere.

Good names !  But reputation wise we are seen as a hire and fire outfit which will put people off. Think they will stick with M&M till end of play offs.

Then clear the decks and put the job in the paper and see who applies.

3 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

The Sunday after the Airdrie game, by 5pm they had the interviews and highlights up… 

Yeah the lack of interviews or highlights mean nothing, think they just try leave it as long as possible after a loss to let some of the fans simmer down. The fact we've not heard anything by now says to me they are still in charge.

I suspect that the BOD's thinking is that by sacking managers who are top of the league it sends out a terrible message to prospective managers who, especially in Scotland where the money isn't amazing, are looking for a bit of job security as much as the rest of us. That's one reason why they won't get rid.

I suspect that the BOD's thinking is that by sacking managers who are top of the league it sends out a terrible message to prospective managers who, especially in Scotland where the money isn't amazing, are looking for a bit of job security as much as the rest of us. That's one reason why they won't get rid.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I still feel we are a very attractive job for managers.  Good fan base and a budget that swamps 8 of the other 9 in this league.  It's a great job . McKinnon is no genius but he is doing with queen's park what we should be doing this season to everyone else save perhaps Partick although considering their terrible start to the season them too.  I still the think we should be looking at managers on the way up for a change. Ones that have proven relatively  successful and have already cut their teeth. A jack Ross, Jim Goodwin type.  Young and Petrie fit the bill so they would be the first port of call. If they say no then you look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, CC52 FFC said:

I’d like to see us be ambitious with our next managerial appointment. 

Not to be too cynical/pessimistic, but for how much longer will this remain true/an option. Given the absolute catastrophe this season is becoming for Falkirk, does the job remain attractive? At some point the position becomes a tar pit, where you are stepping into a quagmire that slow sucks you under, no matter how you struggle and fight. If the BOD, etc. at Falkirk remain the same, surely there are possible hires out there looking at the situation and saying, “Yea, no!”. There’s a pretty significant difference between knicker-wetting and an existential threat to the club, and to an outsider, this mess doesn’t scream wet nappy anymore.

13 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

As if things aren’t bad enough this guy is back.

Nothing he is saying is wrong, though. Surely no-one thinks we are an attractive prospect any more.

5 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Anyone who is a decent manager will get Falkirk out of league 1. 

That isn't the point that was being made though, is it?

The point is whether a decent manager would want to come to us in the first place.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

That isn't the point that was being made though, is it?

The point is whether a decent manager would want to come to us in the first place.

Yeah I get that but what I mean is if you truly believe you are a decent manager you will get us out this league, you’ll be paid better than some clubs in the championship etc and your stock will probably rise. 

The idea that we wouldn’t attract at least decent, better than M&M managers is fantasy land stuff.

Football coaching/management, like every other occupation, is more competitive than ever. More resources than ever to become a coach and a clearer path than ever to be one. 

We are a club with a top 1/2 budget in the league, who has punched so far below its weight for 10 years +. You would basically have to do the bare minimum as a manager here and you’d be hailed as a hero and roaring success after the shite we’ve had to endure, and you’d get your move away without any qualms from our passive board.