The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’m like a broken record that has the needle stuck perpetually on the groove but I feel like I’m repeating myself continually on here and when I’m speaking to fellow fans. I agree totally with what your saying about Sheerin and Holt but it runs right through the veins of our club. Our entire board apart from Phil Rawlins have no football experience, Sheerin as a lone manager of a full time football team has no experience, Holt as a DoF has no experience. Someone mentioned in a previous post after I mentioned this, we are like a learning school and it is not a good recipe for getting us out of what is proving to be a tough league. Our board, manager and DoF keep making mistakes and it may be good for their future learning but for us it’s doing us no good at all.

Agree with this but like DF’s opinion above, I’m also now curious as to what Phil Rawlins brings. 

For all the decisions of near enough the past year him and his wife have been a huge part of that. They may have only joined in January but as has been said on here, they would have been speaking to the board before then about decisions. 

They’ve been a part of all the appointments and sat idle while we make an absolute pigs ear of things. They must have sat and agreed to the way the Q and A was opened. They agreed to appoint Holt and Sheerin. They let their PR guy publicly diss ex players. They’ve been a part of so many poor judgements our club has made for the last year. 

As I’ve said before, George Craig has made a good living from football and has been at a couple of clubs whilst they’ve achieved a degree of success. We know how much he brought to the table!

Phil Rawlins has been at 2 clubs who have achieved success but how much has he been a part of it? He was also with his previous wife who is still at Orlando. Was she the brains behind any success? 

All I know is that I’m less than impressed with their short tenure. He’s a suave salesman who like most politicians loves to talk big pictures and plans but seem to take their eye off the here and now. Infrastructure, 5 year plans, 3 legged stools etc. The list at the previous Q and A  was just empty business rhetoric, listing mainly things they should be doing and other ‘big ideas’ things without providing any detail. 

The CI also questioned him for his answer at that Q and A. Sounded like he was taking BS. Has he been doing similar with other things? The 3 legged stool idea was tested by the NB and from what was said their request for an equal say as one of 3 parties wasn’t agreeable(isn’t that how a 3 legged stool would work?). I also previously pointed out his mistruths regarding the shares he listed. Unfortunately we can only speculate about what other things he may be spinning.

Either way I’m only slightly more convinced by him than the rest of the board because he comes across well but the substance is so far lacking to me. We need a huge clear out and smart  people in there to really challenge their promises and find out if they pan out the way they have been portrayed. 

Agree with this but like DF’s opinion above, I’m also now curious as to what Phil Rawlins brings. 
For all the decisions of near enough the past year him and his wife have been a huge part of that. They may have only joined in January but as has been said on here, they would have been speaking to the board before then about decisions. 
They’ve been a part of all the appointments and sat idle while we make an absolute pigs ear of things. They must have sat and agreed to the way the Q and A was opened. They agreed to appoint Holt and Sheerin. They let their PR guy publicly diss ex players. They’ve been a part of so many poor judgements our club has made for the last year. 
As I’ve said before, George Craig has made a good living from football and has been at a couple of clubs whilst they’ve achieved a degree of success. We know how much he brought to the table!
Phil Rawlins has been at 2 clubs who have achieved success but how much has he been a part of it? He was also with his previous wife who is still at Orlando. Was she the brains behind any success? 
All I know is that I’m less than impressed with their short tenure. He’s a suave salesman who like most politicians loves to talk big pictures and plans but seem to take their eye off the here and now. Infrastructure, 5 year plans, 3 legged stools etc. The list at the previous Q and A  was just empty business rhetoric, listing mainly things they should be doing and other ‘big ideas’ things without providing any detail. 
The CI also questioned him for his answer at that Q and A. Sounded like he was taking BS. Has he been doing similar with other things? The 3 legged stool idea was tested by the NB and from what was said their request for an equal say as one of 3 parties wasn’t agreeable(isn’t that how a 3 legged stool would work?). I also previously pointed out his mistruths regarding the shares he listed. Unfortunately we can only speculate about what other things he may be spinning.
Either way I’m only slightly more convinced by him than the rest of the board because he comes across well but the substance is so far lacking to me. We need a huge clear out and smart  people in there to really challenge their promises and find out if they pan out the way they have been portrayed. 

Think we need a clear out from top to bottom, need a Falkirk fan to win the euro millions.

Squad and coach were shite, academy/youth team inexistent, stadium owned by the council and support livid with the board members. You don't need Rawlins to tell you there was nothing to build off.

Another thought is that we switched through multiple squads and coaches and it didn't ever get better, so the idea that there are structural problems on the playing side is basically undeniable.

Therefore we can keep repeating the current cycle or build from the ground up, the latter being what Rawlins keeps preaching. I personally agree with him.

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Have you read the "average Joe McFalkirkfan" opinions on the FB pages?

Was it mental or reasonable? I am not on FB, so unaware of what was said.

11 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Get in there, Captain Fantastic is back for the weekend.

Just when our interest was up for seeing what Krasniqi could do over a couple of games. I think we all know that Hetherington plays regardless of ability or form. 
Great sense of humour……”Steven comes back into contention” for the Alloa game. Yeah, right.

Probably Sheerin is the only person going “phew” after the red card was overturned.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

14 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Was it mental or reasonable? I am not on FB, so unaware of what was said.

Not specifically about this issue, just the majority seem to be the clapping seal variety of fan.

"Big Sexy n Cracks wld hv turned it rnd like" "GeT BehINd ThE tEaM!!" sort of posts no matter how steep our death spiral becomes.

I was on two, and had to come off the worst of the pair as I was about to have an embolism reading it. Scarily the flavour of opinions I mentioned above are the majority view, which makes me fearful if a FFC fan won megamillions!

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Just when our interest was up for seeing what Krasniqi could do over a couple of games. I think we all know that Hetherington plays regardless of ability or form. 
Great sense of humour……”Steven comes back into contention” for the Alloa game. Yeah, right.

Probably Sheerin is the only person going “phew” after the red card was overturned.

He's already stated he's integral to his team selections.

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by kiddy

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

We can only hope that the Rawlins has been kept in the dark and have only received the information that deans and co wanted them to receive up to them actually being here. The NB wanted a meeting only  with the Rawlins to avoid them getting fed bullshit from the other board members  but this was kb'd. Who kb'd it though was it Deans or was it the Rawlins themselves ?  The q and a was the first time that fans have been able to really question the bod and air their grievances. The previous meetings were on zoom so it was easy to  waffle their way through difficult questions as noone was able to criticise the answers. If we get the main 3 out then hopefully we will get more of an idea on what the Rawlins are bringing to the table if deans and co are out the picture.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We can only hope that the Rawlins has been kept in the dark and have only received the information that deans and co wanted them to receive up to them actually being here. The NB wanted a meeting only  with the Rawlins to avoid them getting fed bullshit from the other board members  but this was kb'd. Who kb'd it though was it Deans or was it the Rawlins themselves ?  The q and a was the first time that fans have been able to really question the bod and air their grievances. The previous meetings were on zoom so it was easy to  waffle their way through difficult questions as noone was able to criticise the answers. If we get the main 3 out then hopefully we will get more of an idea on what the Rawlins are bringing to the table if deans and co are out the picture.

I thought that BPM et al had a meeting with Rawlins and other major shareholders after theQ&A without Deans being present.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That was my original thought before they flew over and participated in the Q&A a couple of weeks back.

However, I cannot see them not "signing off" on what Colborn was about to say that evening. They have been pretty vocal re online abuse etc and it smacks of what was stated at the beginning of the night. If that's the case, they are as culpable as the rest of them.  What happened next could be used in future PR training exercises of "How not alienate your customer base".

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Not specifically about this issue, just the majority seem to be the clapping seal variety of fan.

"Big Sexy n Cracks wld hv turned it rnd like" "GeT BehINd ThE tEaM!!" sort of posts no matter how steep our death spiral becomes.

I was on two, and had to come off the worst of the pair as I was about to have an embolism reading it. Scarily the flavour of opinions I mentioned above are the majority view, which makes me fearful if a FFC fan won megamillions!

I got banned from the main one, never got an official reason but I suspect it's because I said the football under McKinnon wasn't any better than it was under Hartley and that if we kept him we'd have got relegated. Of course this was all met with scorn from people confident Ray would turn it around. Not sure how that worked out TBH

If the afore mentioned trio are stepping down, I would rather Phil Rawlins stepped in as chairman on an interim basis to see the whole mess without the smoke screens. Take the time to carry out a full assessment of the club and then find start the process of replacing Deans and his pals.

Edited by latapythelegend

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I thought that BPM et al had a meeting with Rawlins and other major shareholders after theQ&A without Deans being present.

I'm talking about way back when they first came forward with their interest to invest.  They wanted to meet with the Rawlins alone then but it was knocked back.  Was that deans decision to prevent Rawlins getting an unbiased view of the situation at the club?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Caractacus Potts
46 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly.

Lets hope the rumour is true.

Edited by Caractacus Potts

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Have you read the "average Joe McFalkirkfan" opinions on the FB pages?

Yep. Playing the odds, there's a good chance it would be a mutant Falkirk fan winning the lottery and buying the club - that would be an utter disaster.

We'd end up paying Shettleston and Yoker 6 figure sums for boays fae the Juniors.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

41 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I got banned from the main one, never got an official reason but I suspect it's because I said the football under McKinnon wasn't any better than it was under Hartley and that if we kept him we'd have got relegated. Of course this was all met with scorn from people confident Ray would turn it around. Not sure how that worked out TBH

Obviously never posted COYB enough.