The Falkirk FC Thread

I was steaming lastnight so apologies if I missed it, any word on whether Grainger will stay?

Also, I cant stand Kenny Miller. Hes thicker than a submarine door.

Also also, I just saw a range rover going into the car park whose driver looked a lot like Brian "Chipper" Rice.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I was steaming lastnight so apologies if I missed it, any word on whether Grainger will stay?

Also, I cant stand Kenny Miller. Hes thicker than a submarine door.

Also also, I just saw a range rover going into the car park whose driver looked a lot like Brian "Chipper" Rice.

Maybe no one gave him the bad news.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So where would that leave Fergus? A SD to run the youth system? I doubt it.

Would be interesting to know the Managers job description and the limits of his power.

If it is not full control of team selection, tactics, signings and the ultimate veto and control on the strategy of the youth set up then the poor sod is doomed,

Hope Rennie laid down the law before he took the job.

17 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Before the last couple of years he'd comfortably have been in my worst ever Falkirk XIs. He was totally fucking pish.

My all time Falkirk worse team

Faslan - Cooke and Simpson. Meakin, Dunne Oliver. Bryce, Mennie, Lewis, Tudor-Owen, Marr

Name any aspect of the game every one of them would have been inept at it.

It shudders me near 50 years on at the thought  of some of them.  

My all time Falkirk worse team
Faslan - Cooke and Simpson. Meakin, Dunne Oliver. Bryce, Mennie, Lewis, Tudor-Owen, Marr
Name any aspect of the game every one of them would have been inept at it.
It shudders me near 50 years on at the thought  of some of them.  

Try watching us last Saturday and today.

So what do we actually do from here? Players that have shown competence at any point in recent times would be:

Dixon, McCann, Williamson, Telfer, Nesbit, Morrison

No squad beyond that, youth team setup is only 6 months old, no discernible tactics. 

Edited by Gollum

Went to school with Martin, he was in my class/year, quite a few Falkirk games too back in the day at Brockville. Nice guy, always was the sporty one and you could tell this was the direction he wanted to go in. 

I even remember in PE one day scudding him on the back of the head with a wayward shot as he was doing pull ups on the crossbar. There was a double thunk as the ball hit him on the back of the head, then his head hitting the crossbar followed by the inevitable fall. (Sorry mate if you read this - makes me laugh but I did feel sorry for you).

Might explain why he took the job 😁

Best of luck Martin - hope you boss it. 👍

If you ever wanted a “local” Falkirk supporter turned manager, this is it.

Edited by Bairn4Life

4 hours ago, Albertobotswana said:

No relation, but his Dad was the minister at Larbert Old Church. 

I wasn't on the Supporters' Bus for the Thistle game but I was christened at Larbert Old Church. Pa Rennie would have to be pushing 90 to have done the honours though. Still... 

17 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I wasn't on the Supporters' Bus for the Thistle game but I was christened at Larbert Old Church. Pa Rennie would have to be pushing 90 to have done the honours though. Still... 

I have no idea what your trying to say but his father is Cliff Rennie who is/was the minister at Larbert Old Parish.