The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Just a bairn said:

What do we think about Paul Watson in January? The question is would he come and why did he leave the pars? Wouldn’t be surprised if he got another gig in the championship to be honest. A good player for us and I’d love to see him back but I think higher up clubs than us will be after him. 

He disappeared for a holiday abroad having said he was injured or something like that. Numptie then returned with a sun tan and was told he'd never play again for them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Including one on here who wants us to play with a sweeper in 2022. 

The sweeper should not be discounted and would address the teams immediate shortcomings. It is a misconception that it in a defensive negative set up.

Brings structure and organisation to the defensive line. ( badly needed )

Reduces the chances created ( badly needed )

Seeing the opportunities to play out from the back and retain possession ( badly needed )

It was a option I mentioned no more. But Rennie having worked in the USA could be drawn to the discipline playing with a sweeper brings.

Smith and Purdie being good examples from Falkirk in thee past.

Guest FFC1965
2 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

What do we think about Paul Watson in January? The question is would he come and why did he leave the pars? Wouldn’t be surprised if he got another gig in the championship to be honest. A good player for us and I’d love to see him back but I think higher up clubs than us will be after him. 

Given its the area most in need of bolstering Id have him in a flash.  Mind you we could bring Tam Scobbie home from Berwick and it would improve matters (just looked at wiki and he is only 33 ffs!)  

I see that DAFC have signed Stevie Lawless for the remainder of the season - that looks a decent signing and the calibre of player we should be seeking to attract.  

Will be interesting to see what we get up to in January.   

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He disappeared for a holiday abroad having said he was injured or something like that. Numptie then returned with a sun tan and was told he'd never play again for them.

Think it says more about Peter Grant than Paul Watson. I never really liked him in a Falkirk shirt but he definitely would be better than Hall and McKay. Lemon shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up also. 

McKenzie Lemon [emoji2357]

No wonder we are so shite that he is deemed a first team player already! 

He looked ok in his early games with us so I wouldn’t write him off completely. He’s obviously young so likely to be inconsistent.
I think the main issue is the mistakes he made in the Queens Park nightmare has destroyed his confidence.
Would be interested to see if Rennie can rebuild him into a confident defender.
May be a good bench option imo….

Guest Back Post Misses
18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

He looked ok in his early games with us so I wouldn’t write him off completely. He’s obviously young so likely to be inconsistent.
I think the main issue is the mistakes he made in the Queens Park nightmare has destroyed his confidence.

Not good enough. 

Have grave concerns after listening to all Rennies interviews since taking over the post.

He’s made it clear that he likes the system in place therefore full backing to the village idiot.

For me we are in serious shite as notoriously a difficult window, with the high probability the players available are “seconds” or a few months till release from respected clubs.

Desperately hoping that Rennies talk is merely respect for Holt and with his contacts & KM knowledge of the Scottish game, any list the VI has been shredded or rolled up and binned. 

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Wonder what brilliant players Holt has lined up for us in the window.  Hope he hasn't lined up a nephew or next door neighbour.

You would suffer less is you showed a bit of positivity for a change. 

Gazza maybe lives next door to Ronaldo for all you know. 

Falkirk FC - We Are The Steeple 😛

26 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We don’t have 5 years to wait. 

He is more suited to 5’s or playing down the local park. 

With your outlook, L2 is upon us. You can’t take rank rotten and polish it into a turd. 

Have grave concerns after listening to all Rennies interviews since taking over the post.
He’s made it clear that he likes the system in place therefore full backing to the village idiot.
For me we are in serious shite as notoriously a difficult window, with the high probability the players available are “seconds” or a few months till release from respected clubs.
Desperately hoping that Rennies talk is merely respect for Holt and with his contacts & KM knowledge of the Scottish game, any list the VI has been shredded or rolled up and binned. 

I wouldn't read too much into what Rennie is saying in his interviews regarding the system, I.e Holt,, he's hardly going to say its rubbish, I presume as long as Holt is still in the Sporting Directors role he will be Rennies boss.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I agree- he’s still very raw but was certainly better than Hall and McKay on Saturday for me.

He actually had a few good clearances and passes from watching the highlights back. He’d develop much better playing alongside someone who’s not a cart horse.

15 minutes ago, steveffc said:
2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I wouldn't read too much into what Rennie is saying in his interviews regarding the system, I.e Holt,, he's hardly going to say its rubbish, I presume as long as Holt is still in the Sporting Directors role he will be Rennies boss.

Does that mean that Holt is hiring and firing the managers too ??

I sure hope the fucking wankers who were buzzing when M&M were given the gig after beating a junior team and buzzing when a fucking youth coach was given the job can sleep at night.

For clarification: I have just watched the Clyde highlights and I'm fucking raging.

I sure hope the fucking wankers who were buzzing when M&M were given the gig after beating a junior team and buzzing when a fucking youth coach was given the job can sleep at night.
For clarification: I have just watched the Clyde highlights and I'm fucking raging.

Aye fucking demoralising isn’t if? We’re going from bad to worse. No wonder other teams fans are sniggering away and the truth is WE DESERVE EVERY BIT OF IT!!