The Falkirk FC Thread

Is Aaron Taylor Sinclair not just Sean Kelly all over again? No thanks.

Would be peak Holt for our first January signing to be in the only position in the squad that actually doesn’t need strengthened. Fucking stealing a wage that p***k.

14 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think the problem started when it went wrong for Houstie then went on a constant spiral of terrible board level decision making.
Problem is I’m still not convinced that we are past that (eg. Holt)….

We've went over this before, but the decision to appoint Hartley (and the decision to get rid of him) were both very good decisions.

Rennie's most likely going to persist with the 3-4-1-2 so in January our signings are obviously going to have to compliment that. We all know the spine of the team is the priority. So we need a right sided centre back, a dominant centre midfielder and two strikers if he's sending Ruth back to Aberdeen.

Interesting that Rennie cited injuries as the only reason for 11 of our players being missing on Saturday. 

Guest TedCrilly
10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I don't even remember ATS playing at centre back ever in his time against us so it would seem a bizarre signing.

Aye it would be an utterly bizarre signing. The spine of the team should be the absolute top priority.

We've went over this before, but the decision to appoint Hartley (and the decision to get rid of him) were both very good decisions.

The decision to appoint Hartley who became a part of the decision to close our academy and sign a team full of duds that no one knew was a good decision? Seriously?…

Nae c**t knows how Rennie is going to set us up going forward. The back 3 could very well just have been to try and see us through a few games and try to tighten up at the back. He wasn’t to know that the 3 centre backs we’ve got are absolute fucking dugmeat and would struggle to get a game for a decent Sunday Amateur team.

The decision to appoint Hartley who became a part of the decision to close our academy and sign a team full of duds that no one knew was a good decision? Seriously?…

Yes.

Look at the first 6 months and his track record before the appointment. It was undoubtedly a good appointment at the time, didn’t work out in the long run but was the right appointment to make at that time.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Nae c**t knows how Rennie is going to set us up going forward. The back 3 could very well just have been to try and see us through a few games and try to tighten up at the back. He wasn’t to know that the 3 centre backs we’ve got are absolute fucking dugmeat and would struggle to get a game for a decent Sunday Amateur team.

If he's watched any of our games this season then he'd have been aware that Hall & Mckay were absolutely dung so the fact we've been starting the two of them in a back three points to the fact that's the formation he wants to play. I stated on here when he was appointed according to transfermarket his preferred formation is a 3-4-1-2 so that further backs up the case that's how he wants to play.

Yes.

Look at the first 6 months and his track record before the appointment. It was undoubtedly a good appointment at the time, didn’t work out in the long run but was the right appointment to make at that time.

I never supported it at the time, avoided becoming one of the avatar brigade and I’m certainly not going to agree with the above in the slightest.
Dundee fans were firing warning shots to us when we were considering him re the quality of his signings too.
Anyway, it’s history, so let’s move on…

Rennie post Clyde:

"We definitely want to bring in some players, we're working hard to do that, thats something the club have had in motion before I got here and thats why they have the kind of set up that they do, the structure that they do so they've got players to bring in and hopefully they can make that happen"

If its not Holt identifying and signing these players then who is it?  

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

You are, presumably, familiar with the concept of "time", yes?

None of the things you mentioned happened prior to his appointment. His managerial career prior to his appointment was very good and his appointment was a very good decision. Indeed, his results from the January onwards (once he was able to bring in his own players) was something like the second best in the league.

When it all went wrong, the decision to get rid of him quickly was also a good decision, rather than let it drag on getting worse and worse for three months longer than it should have been like we saw this season.

While it’s speculation only about Good……. Surely our club has some morals and don’t want that guy anywhere near the club. This is certainly not the time to sign “potential” and it’s crucial we bring In  better than what’s here, surely that’s not too difficult?

At a time when many of us want to believe we have turned a corner this would probably rank as one of the most spectacular own goals by any board of all time.
Let him go to Raith. A suitable club for him I’d say…

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I never supported it at the time, avoided becoming one of the avatar brigade and I’m certainly not going to agree with the above in the slightest.
Dundee fans were firing warning shots to us when we were considering him re the quality of his signings too.
Anyway, it’s history, so let’s move on…

I wasn't one of the avatar brigade either but that doesn't change the fact that at the time the appointment made perfect sense.

Apart from that two month period in that summer Hartley has had a very good career in management.

You are, presumably, familiar with the concept of "time", yes?
None of the things you mentioned happened prior to his appointment. His managerial career prior to his appointment was very good and his appointment was a very good decision. Indeed, his results from the January onwards (once he was able to bring in his own players) was something like the second best in the league.
When it all went wrong, the decision to get rid of him quickly was also a good decision, rather than let it drag on getting worse and worse for three months longer than it should have been like we saw this season.

I think tactically he was astute but there’s more to that in this role. He signed poor players when at Dundee as I stated earlier.

Look if you want to down this route maybe I’ll raise you M and M. They had us comfortably top of this division for a while but absolutely no one believes they were a good appointment…..

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Successive boards have gambled with high risk options at our club.

The Brentford Model (we all know how that went) , M&M (complete rookies) , Paul Sheerin (largely unproven youth coach)................and now Rennie.

I understand he can't be judged just yet, I'm just saying it's yet another gamble. 

I suppose the more you roll the dice the chances of getting a six are greater, I genuinely hope Rennie can be the gamble that pays off. 

Otherwise we may have found our new level.   

Any manager we signed would have been a gamble and with the pile of shite we have as a first team they better have some glitter ready to polish the turd, Clyde injury ravaged squad, EF game abandoned and we are judging a manager on that get real, it would need to be easter and christ himself performing miracles with that lot. Rennie is in the same boat RM was in when he was left with Hartleys duds and trying to get a tune out of the dross.

All I will add though is added with Holts recruitment we are faced with another rebuilding job but its alright him and his laddie are untouchable no matter how sh*te the 2 of them are, waste of 2 wages.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I think tactically he was astute but there’s more to that in this role. He signed poor players when at Dundee as I stated earlier.

Look if you want to down this route maybe I’ll raise you M and M. They had us comfortably top of this division for a while but absolutely no one believes they were a good appointment…..

Loads of folk believed they were good appointments at the time, based on their status as "club legends".