The Falkirk FC Thread

If Dundee have offered him a highly incentivised deal that would potentially have made him their highest paid player (if successful), then I assume that our deal will be different and that we're just throwing money at him instead? Under those circumstances, what's the chances of him turning things around and getting fit enough to make a difference to us? Very little I would have thought. 

I don't agree that it's a gamble worth taking if it's going to cost us a fortune.

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

If Dundee have offered him a highly incentivised deal that would potentially have made him their highest paid player (if successful), then I assume that our deal will be different and that we're just throwing money at him instead? Under those circumstances, what's the chances of him turning things around and getting fit enough to make a difference to us? Very little I would have thought. 

I don't agree that it's a gamble worth taking if it's going to cost us a fortune.

If you look at what Rennie has done since he came in he probably hasn’t spent a dime. Moved the crap on, replaced with better players, mainly short on game time but of a better quality.

Griffiths will put bums on seats and probably that increased revenue would pay a good slug of the wages. 500 extra per game will sort it out reading the reports last week of his salary.

How people think this is not a gamble worth taking when the consequences of being in Div 3 again next season have been laid out to them is beyond me. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Caractacus Potts

I’m not as excited about Griffiths signing as I should be. Only the powers that be can say that it’s a gamble worth taking as none of us know the deal or the clubs current financial status to consider if it’s worth it.

Here’s hoping he wants to prove everyone he still has it. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If you look at what Rennie has done since he came in he probably hasn’t spent a dime. Moved the crap on, replaced with better players, mainly short on game time but of a better quality.

Griffiths will put bums on seats and probably that increased revenue would pay a good slug of the wages. 500 extra per game will sort it out reading the reports last week of his salary.

How people think this is not a gamble worth taking when the consequences of being in Div 3 again next season have been laid out to them is beyond me. 

You seriously think Griffiths will put an extra 500 bums on seats ? Personally I don't think he is a box office attraction.  Get him fit I'm sure goals will come but so does his baggage also. St Mirren put a deal together which was pulled on Friday as the back lash from fans was becoming very noisy.  Anyway good luck hope it works for you. If he does not produce the goods and on much more money than the rest of the squad that will cause disruption in the dressing room. It's a big gamble mate. 

500 extra fans a game hahahaha guess you're also factoring in the increase in shirt sales in the far east as well.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m not as excited about Griffiths signing as I should be. Only the powers that be can say that it’s a gamble worth taking as none of us know the deal or the clubs current financial status to consider if it’s worth it.

Here’s hoping he wants to prove everyone he still has it. 

I think he still has it…..it’s just that for now, “it” is coated in doner kebab and Krispy Kreme donuts. All fixable of course, nothing that three weeks of hard graft won’t shift……..if he has the mindset to do it.

5 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

In league 1, even an unfit Griffiths will score for fun. His free kicks at Dundee alone, eg the one against Aberdeen this season was sensational! Re economics, everyone will guess. Thats where you have to rely on the new BOD  being smart and sensible.

Edited by Its not only a game

The desperation of this football club is unrivalled.
Couldn't get Goodwillie so turn to an even worse human being.
As long as he gets the goals though that's all that matters. Very sad.
The saddest thing on show here is your utter desperation mate. Ranking crimes in your mind to score points off a football team.

Have a word with yourself.

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

You seriously think Griffiths will put an extra 500 bums on seats ? Personally I don't think he is a box office attraction.  Get him fit I'm sure goals will come but so does his baggage also. St Mirren put a deal together which was pulled on Friday as the back lash from fans was becoming very noisy.  Anyway good luck hope it works for you. If he does not produce the goods and on much more money than the rest of the squad that will cause disruption in the dressing room. It's a big gamble mate. 

I will trust Rennie and Millers judgement not some random fan on a forum 

Guest TedCrilly

I personally don’t think Griffiths will come good but it’s certainly worth the gamble. A centre midfielder would have been my priority position and I hope the budget isn’t finished with Griffiths signing.

Great to see Sammy is being punted out on loan.

Edited by TedCrilly