The Falkirk FC Thread

16 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m only addressing stats that were wrong and stating that results have not improved. 

Rennie was hired for his ability to turn things around. I’m not saying I want him gone but he has a lot to prove to me that he has what it takes to properly turn things around. 

As for results being just as bad as performances under Sheerin, his last 5 league games he got 7 points. Rennies last 5 he has got 8 points, before yesterday that was 5 points. Performances haven’t been great either. 

Clearly the Queens Park game was the match that done it for Sheerin but given the past 10 games if we got gubbed by Clyde on Saturday then I’m sure the majority of fans will be calling for Rennie’s head. He can’t afford many more bad results, not if performances remain just as bad anyway. 

The main difference now from Sheerin times is we look like scoring at least a goal, the amount of games under Sheerin where we didn't have a shot on target or simply just a shot at goal in 45 was just a shambles at this level for us.

We have only failed to score in 1 game in 10 under Rennie, whereas Sheerin's last 10 games it was 4 in 10 without a goal.

I've disliked Rennie's stubbornness towards a formation that wasn't working in games we have either lost or drawn, onwards to Saturday when he couldn't stop changing it.

As for calling for Rennie's head, we have made our bed for this season I'd guess, we for sure won't get pumped 6-0 of anyone till the end of the season is about as enthusiastic as I can be. I would like to be more enthusiastic but the cove game followed by 6 changes v Peterhead then the scramble on Saturday doesn't suggest it's going two steps forward.

The only hope I can see is if we can get Kabia and Morrison firing on all cylinders, I really can't see LG having the impact he should be having at his age and we will see what will be. I do reckon Rice will have a big impact at Alloa too, it would be full Falkirk with Rice getting Alloa promoted via play offs 

4 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I'd pay good money to watch Bielsa take this squad through just one of his murderball sessions.

Gary Miller looked quite comfortable in Saturday's post-match interview with Falkirk TV ... presumably because he was able to stand in one place.

18 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Very insightful post.

While I might be getting ahead of myself considering that we are currently languishing in league 1 but if / when we return to the championship Falkirk FC would do well to ask the likes of Bodo/Glimt or any other similar successful Norwegian or maybe Icelandic teams if they would be kind enough to let us visit them to study their coaching methods (in fact study everything about how they run their clubs).

You can stick Largs up your arse.

Been saying this for decades, but we just can’t extract ourselves from that shithouse. 
The deterioration of the Scotland National Team can be directly traced back to the emergence of Largs.

I forever recall Jose Mourinho’s  response when asked how much he learnt from Andy Roxburgh during his attendance at a Largs’ coaching course……

Edited by HonestAl